Playing from SCL 7 to SCL 9

2»

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, my Thor is unfortunately only 2/0/2. I tried using Vulture for a while, but then hit so many boards with a more or less complete drought of black that he didn't actually end up helping.
    Ghost Rider actually ended up being a pretty nice third for Grockitty, tho. His ability to spam Attack tiles from two colours helps keep Phase and Conquer going, and he fills in black, which is the only colour they don't have good match damage in.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    sambrookjm said :

Waddles_Pines and wait until a 3-day event before you try SCL9, with the caveat that you don't want to experiment with Deadpool vs MPQ either.  Almost every node has a tile mover, (they make life far more difficult when you get to that high of a level) and has two absolutely brutal five-star nodes.
    True dat. Hearts of Darkness has a pretty nasty one too, barely doable without having the 5E champed, and some horrible waves. 
    Agreed about Hearts of Darkness, but since that one was just run, I didn't mention it.  The Medusa/Black Bolt/Lockjaw is probably the hardest 5-star node in the game, although the two in Deadpool vs MPQ are not far behind.  Mockingbird/Hobo Fist/4-star Cage and Daken/Thanos/Vulture are both pains in the neck.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I never noticed much difference between level 7 and level 8. If anything, level 8 seemed a little better for placement since the rewards difference is minimal and many competitive players that could do it stayed in 7.

Level 9 is only moderately tougher than 8 for most nodes, but the 5* required gets absolutely brutal.

I think the best advice so far is to move up one tier at a time, and try them on 3-day events. If it's not a comfortable play, move back and try again at a later time.