What to do?

FloRisk
FloRisk Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
Hi, This is my first post. I've been using these forums for advice a lot, but now I have a detailed challenge I would like some help with. As a 4* players, I have been saving up to jump into 5* land. Currently I am sitting on around 4500 CP and 93 latest legends tokens. I was going to save up and pull when kingpin would enter latest, hoping to champ cable, kitty and kingpin. However, with the special family legends coming out, I am triggered to send my cp there to champ bolt and thor. These I have at 3/4/2 and 2/2/4 respectively.

Now my question to you all is: what would you do? 

Cable and kitty are currently sitting at 1 card each. 

Through bonus hero pulls I hope to max thanos (4/3/4) and Jessica Jones (5/2/5) as well.

Love to hear your thoughts.
Cheers

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    4500 CP is around 180 pulls, it should be more than enough to finish off Thor and Bolt. Thor is still top dog and Bolt is decent, but the two don't have much synergy together unfortunately. 180 pulls means you can expect one bonus fivestar cover.
    What level are their feeders? Valkyrie, Medusa, Gamora and Chavez can all help you get covers too, so that is very relevant.

Spontaneously I think you should get Family tokens to cover Thor, then hoard again. MMR is pretty sweet with one fivestar as I understand it, and Thor is an excellent choice for a first fivestar champion. 

Kitty is good on the right team but needs the right partners to shine. Cable and Kingpin both look lackluster, so I can't really recommend busting a hoard for those three. Hoard for better fivestars, you want at least two good ones before you take the plunge.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree with Queb that pulling for Thor is priority #1. If you get 5 covers in green (just two more) he’s a game-changer. He’s my most used character and I’ve stuck no iso in him and play mostly 4*. He can be an excellent battery for boosted 4s if you keep him half heath and let them tank. If you look in the “interesting teams” thread, like half of my recent entires (maybe more) have half health Thor unleveled as part of it. 

Then, as he improves your game, you can bonus hero Chavez to get that last Jessica and move up with that pair if so inclined. You’d have two of the five best characters (Thor, Okoye, JJ, Thanos, Kitty) in the game, which isn’t a bad way to start the transition 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    By the above logic--is it worth the 250 CP HfH offer to take my 2/0/0 Thor to 3/0/0? I'm exclusively a 4* player and I've got 277 CP saved. I have almost every 5* character rostered (missing Kitty, Kingpin, and BiB Spider-Man, but sitting on 87 LTs waiting for Loki to rotate out and Kingpin to rotate in to pull until I get 1 cover each for Kitty and Kingpin, then saving the rest for a hoard).
  • Daredevil217
    helix72 said:
    By the above logic--is it worth the 250 CP HfH offer to take my 2/0/0 Thor to 3/0/0? I'm exclusively a 4* player and I've got 277 CP saved. I have almost every 5* character rostered (missing Kitty, Kingpin, and BiB Spider-Man, but sitting on 87 LTs waiting for Loki to rotate out and Kingpin to rotate in to pull until I get 1 cover each for Kitty and Kingpin, then saving the rest for a hoard).
    I wouldn’t. The AP generation does not increase from 2-3 covers, so your Thor would for all intents and purposes be the exact same, for the cost of 10 Latest (or Family) Legends pulls. Not worth it. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    My blanket answer would be: the only time I would even consider spending 250CP on a specific 5* cover is if that 5* was on 12 covers, and even then I’d usually just put that 5* as my sole Bonus Hero instead of spending the 250CP.

Of course, it’s a case-by-case basis. Like if your GladiaThor’s at 2/5/5, AND if your Valkyrie is already over lv280, then yes go ahead and spend the 250CP on his Green cover in the store. Conversely, if even someone like 5* Wasp was at 4/4/4, save your 250CP.
  • Quebbster

I did buy the 250 CP offer. I use GladiaThor every single day so I felt I got my CPs Worth there. I could have spent it on Family Legends instead, but that would only have a 50% chance of getting me Another Thor level, so bird in the hand and all that.

I wouldn't buy an offer like that for a fivestar I didn't use all the time though.

• FloRisk
    So I pulled and have gotten thor and bolt full, jj was champed via bonus. Still need 1 more thanos though. Happy with the result! Still have 1500 cp remaining.
  • Quebbster
    FloRisk said:
    So I pulled and have gotten thor and bolt full, jj was champed via bonus. Still need 1 more thanos though. Happy with the result! Still have 1500 cp remaining.
    Nice
     result! Is G4mora dropping a useable Thanos cover anytime soon?
  • FloRisk
    Decided to pull some more and got thanos as a bonus. Had gamora and thanos a bonus hero so it was a matter of waiting. Now on to the next: finding ways to champ okoye.

Thanks for the advice!
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    . You’d have two of the five best characters (Thor, Okoye, JJ, Thanos, Kitty) in the game, which isn’t a bad way to start the transition
    Is Kitty generally considered to be a top 5 character?  (Does she have a feeder yet?)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    . You’d have two of the five best characters (Thor, Okoye, JJ, Thanos, Kitty) in the game, which isn’t a bad way to start the transition
    Is Kitty generally considered to be a top 5 character?  (Does she have a feeder yet?)
    prolly 5-8

1/2  Thor/okoye
    3.  Thanos
    4.  Dr. STrange
    5.  Kitty/DD/JJ
    6. bolt

You can argue about the order of 5-10.  But 1-4 are still more important to have in your roster.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Kitty on the right team is nigh unstoppable, especially in PVP. Her booting of tiles with a Grocket or Grockdusa team can take the board early on. I know I don't take on a Kitty team lightly, and may only tackle the if I'm trying to lose to get me back down to less competitive foes. She doesn't have a feeder yet. She has her own meta compared to Thor/Okoye teams, as she needs at least one teammate who generates tiles for her to boost to properly shine. I'd put her in top 5 character status, though, as she makes PVE move a lot quicker.
  • Rockwell75
    1/2  Thor/okoye
    3.  Thanos
    4.  Dr. STrange
    5.  Kitty/DD/JJ
    6. bolt

You can argue about the order of 5-10.  But 1-4 are still more important to have in your roster.
    If we're talking PVP (or PVE with tile flippers) I would put JJ ahead of Strange and Thanos.  Peter Parker Spidey with my level 360+ Vulture is a force to be reckoned with as well.
  • Daredevil217
    Tier 1: Thorkoye
    Tier 2: Thanos, Kitty, JJ
    Tier 3: Strange, Bolt, DD
    Tier 4: All the “good” ones (Hawkeye, Parker, maybe Gambit Ock Angel)
    Tier 5: All the ones who are mechanically fine but need match and damage boosts or slight tweaking (OML, Phoenix, Surfer)
    Tier 6: Please rebalance me (Hulk, Wasp)

Or something like that (goes back to 4* meta, where he confidently knows what he’s talking about) 

• Rockwell75
    Any idea where Cable and Wasp fit in there?  I have Cable and Kitty at 5 covers...hoping to finish both while they're in latest.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. Thor and Okoye - the all purpose killer team
    2. Thanos or Kitty - forms killer combos as fast as Thorkoye in the right situation 
    3. JJ, DD, Bolt, Strange - very useful in the right situation, but not as fast as the above
    4. Hawkeye, Parker, Gambit, Doc - solid characters that are slightly above average.