Yall Wrong for The Price of Thor's New Costume...

Options
marvel075
marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
edited December 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
BRUHHH $75.00 for this lame costume? i know people would probably buy it for the 75 CP and 15,000 HP, but this bundle is obviously focused on the costume, so why not make it a costume that people would love instead of a reskin FOR THE SAME EXACT COSTUME!
Tagged:

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is his pirate angel look complete with sparkles.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm more surprised about the different pricing. I've known for a while that prices are different on different platforms, but this time the difference is quite astounding. €62,99 on Steam vs €79,99 on Android.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dogface said:
    I'm more surprised about the different pricing. I've known for a while that prices are different on different platforms, but this time the difference is quite astounding. €62,99 on Steam vs €79,99 on Android.
    Android users get free covers every so often tho.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Android users get free covers every so often tho.
    True, but then again Steam has (one time) DLC, which when bought at a discount is an incredible deal. I got the Nick Fury DLC (30k HP) at 90% discount for €9,29. That compensates for a free cover now and then, i'd say.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    75 bucks is a little much for a micro transaction 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    104$ where i'm from. like supports, costumes could have been an enjoyable side gig. but the way (and cost) of acquiring them is totally ridiculous. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I were going to spend US$75 on the game anyhow, this would be a pretty good place to do it. Same value in HP/$ as a Stark, plus more than ten times the value in CP, and then the costume is just a cool bonus. But I'm not in a position to spend $75 on anything right now, and probably wouldn't drop that much on a mobile game at all.
  • SaltyK
    SaltyK Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    I'd buy if there's a 5* Thor cover in it, just so people like me who don't currently own a 5* Thor can actually get to use the costume that we're buying.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's AU$115 here on Android, which is about US$82.  Seems like a reasonable price to remove his hat.
  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jamesh said:
    It's AU$115 here on Android, which is about US$82.  Seems like a reasonable price to remove his hat.
    LMAO
    HECK NO
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't really see a consensus about the deal, so I don't know why you said "y'all"...

Also, why did this need to be a separate thread?

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    marvel075 said:
    jamesh said:
    LMAO
    HECK NO
    People will pay stupid amounts for hats in Valve's Team Fortress 2.  Paying stupid amounts for the absence of a hat seems like a logical progression.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    marvel075 said:
    jamesh said:
    LMAO
    HECK NO
    People will pay stupid amounts for hats in Valve's Team Fortress 2.  Paying stupid amounts for the absence of a hat seems like a logical progression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SaltyK said:
    I'd buy if there's a 5* Thor cover in it, just so people like me who don't currently own a 5* Thor can actually get to use the costume that we're buying.
    I've got him champed, and I'd still expect at least one of his covers for that amount.
  • Ragnarok
    Ragnarok Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Cost AU$120 for iTunes,  
    i just bought 2 Nintendo switch games with around that price instead of the costume. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seeing the Thor bundle - $75 for 75 CP - made the Carnage bundle suddenly look fantastic. It took my Carnage to 320 so I got 3 LT pulls for 29.99, and double dipped the Ock coming.  

Anchoring at work.  Look it up if you’re not familiar with economic ideas around pricing.

Well played....or accidental genius.  
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hmmm. Looks like the offer has been removed early? 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe they got their dates mixed up and thought it was 1st April?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Still there for me. Only 48 hours left to buy the worst deal this side of supports.