R168 Release Notes (12/17/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are the release notes for the R168 update!

MPQ 168!
  • Thank you for playing Marvel Puzzle Quest! We hope you enjoy the holiday celebration!
What's Changed:
  • The game no longer crashes when a player is making a Heroes for Hire purchase while the game is receiving a daily patch.

Comments

• ProtoformX
    ProtoformX Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    TL;DR:  So no balance updates, again.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Are you talking about character rebalances specifically, because if so, we just did a rebalance for Doctor Octopus (Classic) last week.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Balance updates are NEVER posted in the patch notes. They've always been in the Season Update threads, or posted on their own (such as with Doc Ock recently).

Of course there are no balance updates here, because you're looking in the wrong place. R169 and R170 won't have them either.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes, they make small tweaks to characters. This is usually posted in release notes. Are they considered balances, or must be balances an overhaul of the characters' abilities?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Thank you for playing Marvel Puzzle Quest! We hope you enjoy the holiday celebration!"

Hmm I wonder who this new character is. Should be a 4* right?
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Sometimes, they make small tweaks to characters. This is usually posted in release notes. Are they considered balances, or must be balances an overhaul of the characters' abilities?
    Those small tweaks are typically bug fixes and/or ability clarifications, so they are appropriate to include in release notes. As others have said, balances are larger scale changes that get their own announcement or are included in the Season Updates.
  • freakygeek
    freakygeek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    It says "good news there is an update available" on Android but there isn't and so I  am locked out.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    It says "good news there is an update available" on Android but there isn't and so I  am locked out.
    It looks like they patched that out for now while we wait for the update to be available.
  • freakygeek
    Not sure what the deal is.  My wife is still playing on the old version without issue.  I wiped the game off my phone and it still comes up asking to update to the non-existent new version.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see it on the Play Store now at least.
  • freakygeek
    Showed up 30 minutes ago.  Works now.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Either you don't know what TL;DR means, or you really don't like to read even the tiniest bit. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Either you don't know what TL;DR means, or you really don't like to read even the tiniest bit. 
    TL;DR 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

Normally the updates/releases come on a bi-weekly basis.  So by the calendar, R169 would have been released under the normal schedule on 12/31/18, but of course, no one was in the office until 1/2/19.  Is it possible to get an update for when we should be looking for R169?  And it's been so long since the last character clue.....