Bug or intended function? Karn vs Ingest

Options
arNero
arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
Okay, so I just found out when playing the BFZ PvE event earlier today, trying to use Karn on both World Breaker (the final boss of Part 1) and Inverter of Truth (the boss right before).

Against World Breaker, its abilty permanently fails to fire since Karn is indeed a colorless planeswalker, and thus he doesn't really have gems of his color.

But against Inverter of Truth, its ability ingests everything except loyalty gems despite the fact that Karn is officially a colorless planeswalker who just so happens to be able to use all five colors of cards.

So maybe I'd like to ask also if you have encountered the same issue, especially playing Ulamog against Karn, since Ulamog's ability is Ingest all gems of enemy colors, so does it happen the same way as Inverter's case?

Just curious...

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh, that's funny.  Ingest cards usually convert nothing against Karn and TED.

I guess its similar to how most cards that convert gems "to your planeswalker's colors" do nothing with Karn, but some of them (most notably Zacama) instead just convert completely randomly.

Yay for more inconsistencies!
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I noticed that on Inverter as well. It did not behave that way any time before the latest OotG event. Undocumented changes in updates are great.