Bring Back Trial of Zeal!!

Options
Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
[Full disclosure I do not remember anything in this event at all.  Like seriously, nothing.  So if it was bad, sorry]

@Brigby could we replace the upcoming 25th run of RoTGP with Trial of Zeal?  You don't even have to reprogram it to be standard, just put it back as if it was a new event.  Sure some objectives may not work, but whatever.  Even playing field and all that.  Just give us something that isn't an RoTGP please.

Comments

• Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Options
    That event has been in purgatory since they re-worked it to be like the OotG/FS events and the scoring was bugged. That was back in August of 2017.

The topic regarding that bug says that the issue was Solved but we haven't seen the event since.

I think in order to replace RotGP with it would require that they go back and revert it to the original format. I doubt that will happen. However, they could totally run it during the week the same way they do the OotG/FS/RatC events.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    That event has been in purgatory since they re-worked it to be like the OotG/FS events and the scoring was bugged. That was back in August of 2017.

The topic regarding that bug says that the issue was Solved but we haven't seen the event since.

I think in order to replace RotGP with it would require that they go back and revert it to the original format. I doubt that will happen. However, they could totally run it during the week the same way they do the OotG/FS/RatC events.
    I sincerely hope that in converting the events to the Oath events format they aren't deleting the original coaltion format.  That would be....not great.

And since Trial of Zeal never really existed in either format (I think it was run 2 or 3 times normally and then the one bugged time in solo format), there probably hasn't been much work done on its coding at all.

And really I just want an event that is NOT RoTGP.  I don't really care what it is.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Please bring back 8hr recharge not 4hr recharge
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Brakkis said:

I sincerely hope that in converting the events to the Oath events format they aren't deleting the original coaltion format.  That would be....not great.

And since Trial of Zeal never really existed in either format (I think it was run 2 or 3 times normally and then the one bugged time in solo format), there probably hasn't been much work done on its coding at all.

And really I just want an event that is NOT RoTGP.  I don't really care what it is.
    It was actually run 8 times as coalition event. That's more often than TDW and Bo4t combined!
    Anyway, this discussion makes one thing clear(I won't stop to repeating it) : we've got a serious lack of new coalition content.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    No more ROTGP!! @Brigby please help.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As if RotGP wasn't bad enough before, now anyone who got in on the 36 Hours of Heaven probably has a near-complete HOU collection, so anything rewarding us with HOU packs is extra-pointless.  It was already the set that people probably had the most of (because of the huge period of time HOU was the most recent set, before the XLN release, and also because TotP rewards were in HOU packs for even longer).

Please, please change HOU reward packs to something else.  Literally anything else, even Origins, would probably be preferable for most players.

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ummm, haven't people noticed that RotGP is in the _Single_ player events section, not coalition?

Perhaps it's been reorganised into a single player pve event like Revolt against the Consulate and the like?
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Ummm, haven't people noticed that RotGP is in the _Single_ player events section, not coalition?

Perhaps it's been reorganised into a single player pve event like Revolt against the Consulate and the like?
    I hope so, but have a weird feeling its just a typo.  Lets find out tomorrow!
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:

The grid doesn't show it as coalition, but his notes below it confirm that it is.

"Hour of Devastation - Elspeth, Sun's Champion
    Holiday Event Rewards
    • Coalition Event
    • Deck Restrictions: None
    • Opt-In Time: 12/14/18 14:00 UTC
    • Start Time: 12/14/18 20:00 UTC
    • End Time: 12/17/18 18:00 UTC"

• TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It now appears as a coalition event in the grid, and in the description as well:

Return of the God-Pharaoh *New Update*
    Holiday Event Rewards
    • Coalition Event
    • Boss Health: 3,500,000
    • Deck Restrictions: None
    • Opt-In Time: 12/21/18 10:00 UTC
    • Start Time: 12/21/18 16:00 UTC
    • End Time: 12/26/18 16:00 UTC or when boss health is depleted

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Yup. Thanks for the heads up! It has been corrected in the visual
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Brigby said:
    So that means there's nothing you can do and we will still be having a 25th iteration of RoTGP?
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Brigby said:
    So that means there's nothing you can do and we will still be having a 25th iteration of RoTGP?
    It's not like they haven't heard our feedback on this very event before.  Brigby doesn't do the scheduling, all he can do is continue passing along our dissatisfaction.