Niv-Mizzet caused 32 Damage when Murdered

EvilDead
EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
As the title states, Murdered a Niv and he triggered 32 damage no other supports etc on the board.

https://ibb.co/TPr31bZ

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is super odd.  What was the power/toughness of the Niv that was killed?  Curious if it is a flat 32 damage or scaled based on stats.

Really the only damage that should come from a murdered Niv would be the 2 from your draw (since you should technically draw the card before he dies)
  • EvilDead
    He was 8/8 cast the prior turn. I would have killed him on my turn but I forgot to enable Murder on my turn. Regardless, I was like what the heck! Luckily I was at full health.
  • EvilDead
    I'm wondering if it's an interaction with Omnipotence? Technically the AI couldn't draw a card.........
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks correct to me!
    The battle log says "xx used ability Fiery Breath"
    The ability reads : "when your dragons attack this turn, they deal damage equal to their power times 4 to the opponent."

32/4= 8, the power of niv Mizzet.

Also, flash triggers when creatures attack. Destroying a creature with a card with flash should not prevent "on attack" triggers to resolve (like captain Lannery storm should still cast a treasure).
  • EvilDead
    Looks correct to me!
    The battle log says "xx used ability Fiery Breath"
    The ability reads : "when your dragons attack this turn, they deal damage equal to their power times 4 to the opponent."

32/4= 8, the power of niv Mizzet.

Also, flash triggers when creatures attack. Destroying a creature with a card with flash should not prevent "on attack" triggers to resolve (like captain Lannery storm should still cast a treasure).
    I didn't notice that. Thanks bro!!!