Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Using CP to buy specific covers vs opening Legendary Tokens

wingXwingX Posts: 178 Tile Toppler
Currently, I have 30 Champed 4* and additional 9 fully covered 4* and 11 12 covered 4*, and because due to dilution, I always get covers that I can only add level to  and saved. Thus I was thinking if it is a good idea to use CPto buy specific covers for some better characters/covers rather than using them to open tokens?
For example, my Shuri is at 2/5/1 and I was thinking of getting her blue to 3, should I set her as bonus hero and keep open tokens to get covers/exchanged saved covers or should I just use CP to buy the blue covers?

Thank you.

Comments

  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,032 Chairperson of the Boards
    No. You should only buy covers with CP if it is one cover that makes a big difference in your Daily play. Sooner or later those Shuri covers will come, and with saved covers you don't really have any wasted pulls - just delayed rewards.
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,239 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would not buy a cover for a character sitting at 2/5/1, no.

    I did buy two covers once for a 4-star sitting at 5/5/1 (Peggy), but that was long before the saved covers feature and it immediately made me more competitive in PvP.
  • bbiglerbbigler Posts: 1,400 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    With 30 Champed 4*s and 9 more on the way (and possibly more), I would stop focusing on building out your 4* tier and save up for 5*s instead.  Basically, save all LT and CP until you have 250 - 350 pulls and there's a good 5* to chase after.  Strategically use your hoard to get a few good 5*s before champing them.  In the meantime, use your ISO to keep champing those 4*s because you need those champ rewards to keep the 5* train rolling.  I really do think it's a waste trying to champ 95% of the 4* tier before moving up to 5*s.  You're ready to start the transition now, which begins with hoarding.  Once you start using your hoard to chase good 5*s, it takes several months to collect a good team of them.  But that's a lot better than chasing after elusive 4* covers for the next year. 
  • AardvarkPepperAardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2018
    wingX said:
    Currently, I have 30 Champed 4* and additional 9 fully covered 4* and 11 12 covered 4*, and because due to dilution, I always get covers that I can only add level to  and saved. Thus I was thinking if it is a good idea to use CPto buy specific covers for some better characters/covers rather than using them to open tokens?
    For example, my Shuri is at 2/5/1 and I was thinking of getting her blue to 3, should I set her as bonus hero and keep open tokens to get covers/exchanged saved covers or should I just use CP to buy the blue covers?

    Thank you.
    Real talk, without 5* cover switches being provided by customer service any more, you want on the order of 500 tokens for a 99% chance of three thirteen-covered 5*s from Latest Legends.  If you want a safety margin against that 1%, or if you don't really want to save until you have 500 some LL tokens, then CP are your solution.

    Or you could throw money at the game, and it's not out of the question that you might mix up hoarding tokens and spending.  bbigler mentioned 250-350, which isn't a bad base if you're willing to supplement your 5*s with a little cash spending when particular 5*s are available in the store (though the particular cover you need may not come up for a while)

    But you can see how useful those CP will be when making the 4*-5* transition.

    You're already well set with 4*s.  If you were early in the 3*-4* transition and were looking at championing a few key 4*s to cut your real-time investment by 30-50%, I'd hesitate to recommend spending CP even then.  As it is, I have no reservations in recommending against buying individual 4* covers with CP.

    You have your own individual preferences, of course.  But what does Shuri really add to your roster?  She works in some combinations, and she's certainly better than nothing, but is she important enough that you're willing to drain your CP and delay your transition into the 5* character tier?
  • wingXwingX Posts: 178 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the insight, but I still don't think I will want to go into 5* territory yet. I think as of now, I will save at least 120CP in case I need to buy a cover for certain reasons while using the rest of CP to open Legendary tokens.

Sign In or Register to comment.