3-star cover for X hours played

I get why 3-star covers have become super hard to acquire, but I have noticed I can play for hours and not get a single 3-star cover. Is it possible that like some other F2P games, there is a reasonable assurance if you play a certain length you will get a 3-star cover? I feel like I am grinding a ton, only to get nothing for my troubles. Buying token packs seems wasteful since I have a full 2-star roster and the heroic 10-pack I got had only 2-stars in it. I know daily rewards give you one every 20 days or so but that seems long.

Comments

• I get why 3-star covers have become super hard to acquire, but I have noticed I can play for hours and not get a single 3-star cover. Is it possible that like some other F2P games, there is a reasonable assurance if you play a certain length you will get a 3-star cover? I feel like I am grinding a ton, only to get nothing for my troubles. Buying token packs seems wasteful since I have a full 2-star roster and the heroic 10-pack I got had only 2-stars in it. I know daily rewards give you one every 20 days or so but that seems long.
    you get 3 star covers from daily rewards eventually, and heroic tokens which can get you 3 stars. and playing in online events and getting to 300 points gets you heroic tokens for pvp. And once you have a max OBW with a thor/ares/wolverine it should be much easier to start getting top 50 in events to earn 3 star covers. With covers for 2 stars being awarded for random matches in PVPs now they've made getting to the 2 star stage alot easier.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    This game is less about playing X hours and more about using your playing hours as efficiently as possible.

For instance, the person who plays 15 minutes in 10 lightning rounds is going to come out further ahead than the person who plays for 2 1/2 hours straight in some PvP tournament.

edit: deleted bad advice considering recent changes.
  • Not only do you get 3* covers from daily rewards, you also get 4* covers. You're guaranteed a 1/1/1 S&V Wolvie just from playing 1 match a day (for like 6 months, but whatever).