Dear Santa Demiurge...All I Want for Xmas is Some Q&A

2»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has the team ever discussed looking at existing PVE node placement?  At the very least, there should be no overlap where you have trouble selecting the node you want to tap on.

The currently running Strange Sights is a prime example of having nodes too close together to easily select them.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Has the team ever discussed looking at existing PVE node placement?  At the very least, there should be no overlap where you have trouble selecting the node you want to tap on.

The currently running Strange Sights is a prime example of having nodes too close together to easily select them.
    What?! I thought they already addressed tapping! :)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

This has been brought up before. DP vs MPQ Sub 2 5E node is so far up there you have to make sure you move the screen into the right spot to do it. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be very, very easy to poll the players on this forum in order to let the developers know what we care about the most, so that they can set the proper priorities.  I'm sure the MPQ bean-counters give their list of priorities, but the purpose is to make the player base happy so that they keep playing (and spending).  Even though there's lots of complaining, everyone here wants the game to be better and are willing to help Demiurge improve it.  Now I do want to say that the game is much, much better than it was 4 years ago, or 2 years ago or even 6 months ago.  It's not perfect, but it's a good game. 

The growing number of characters is becoming more and more of a problem, which has created many issues: 
    - the difficulty to cover older 4*s and 5*s (cover deficits)
    - the difficulty to champ the entire 4* tier (ISO deficits)
    - the difficulty to roster the entire 4* tier (HP deficits)
    - the difficulty of choosing your team among hundreds of characters
    - the power creep with new characters making older ones obsolete

While I'm on the subject, there's the issue with getting high level supports, the frustration of getting 5* covers mostly through RNG, the frustration of 3* / 4* players competing with 5* players in SCL 7 and the repetitive grind of regular PVE events.  Most of these issues will never "break" the game, but they do make it less fun to play, which should be the main purpose here. What could break the game in the future is a lack of new players reaching 4* and 5* play (growing tiers makes that harder and harder).  If new players reach that 4* wall and quit, then this game will die by attrition. 
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    [Narrator: The game died by attrition.]
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    1. Is there any consideration given to occasionally moving Alliance events to a different start day?  Currently every Alliance event starts on Thursday and runs until Sunday.  For 9-to-5ers, I guess this is as optimal as it gets, but for services industry folks (like most of my Alliance), this is the absolute worst time, as most of us work Thursday through Sunday doing double shifts because that's when people go out.  Throwing us a bone every now and then and doing an event that started on Sunday/Monday and ran to Wednesday/Thursday would be utterly amazeballs.

2. Same question with new character releases.  I know you have schedules, but we always seem behind all the other alliances because our main play-days are Mon-Thur.

3. Gauntlet?  Did it disappear because Thanos snapped?  Any chance of it returning?  Even more so can it return as a non-event.  Every off-season, run a guantlet (alongside the other events).  No placement, just progression.  Give us something to do at our leisure.

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:

I would love it if they allowed "pinch-to-zoom" on the event maps.  That would solve the whole thing.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    This hard to find item is out of stock everywhere