On Serra's Wings + disable support : infinite loop [Fixed in 3.2]

Options
andrewvanmarle
andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
Suppression Bonds disables the first creature which then gets moved up by OSW which gives the next creature vigilance. Then that one is disabled, moving the vigilance to the next. Etc etc

The only way to break the loop is to quit. 

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    Options
    When you have on Serra's Wing in play as well as opponent Suppression Bond, a weird interaction which prevents the game from moving forward happens.
    All your creatures take turn in being buffed with Wing and being disabled by Bond. The cycle continues and never ends. Your only option is to shutdown the game. I have video of such interaction if needed

//Edited Title -Brigby
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I bet there was another creature with vigilance/ defender/reach in play. right?

If yes, it happen with Knightly Valor too.
  • Theros
    Options
    Only the Wing provided vigilance to my creatures. Maybe vigilance and reach are problematic
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
  • Theros
    Options
    like that one exactly. but mine is one vigilance (wing) and all 3 creatures being disabled
  • Recoilsuave
    Recoilsuave Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just had the same thing happen to me. This time it was both Desert's Hold and the dominaria card that disables your first two creatures were played against me and when I stole a copy of Serra's wings and played it the game kept buffing my last creature, then moving it to the first spot only for it to be disabled, and buffed my new last creature and round and round it went until i closed the game.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
      So ... Another bug unleashed in HOD ... Desert hold + Serra's wing leads to an endless sequence of animations.

I've got 3 creatures on board, the first one benefits from the Serra's wing support that gives him vigilance.
      Oponent plays desert hold , my first creature is disabled, looses his bufs and is sent in third place... Second creature is now first, gets Serra's buff, gets disabled by desert hold , goes in third place ... And it goes again and again .... 

I guess desert's hold should just disable the creature without changing his position on the board to avoid this kind of interaction.

• Alanako
    Alanako Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have this same issue today. It seems OSW didnt see the first creature if disabled. So when you play another one, its buffed. Receiving vigilance moved it to first spot and opponent support disable it. OSW forget about it and buff the other creature, now visible to OSW, and that loop happens a few times until it stabilize and move to the next thing happening(casting, attack, matching gems, new turn), moment in which the OSW loop start again. I was able to finish the game, but lost because his support was disabling 2 creatures instead of one whenever I play one
  • Alanako
    Options
    It's not desert hold. It's on serra wings that is unable to see the disabled creature, so change its buff to your second one, which as it now have vigilance is placed on first place, disabled by desert hold and OSW start again
  • Alanako
    Options
    There is another thread with this same problen
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby
    Can you combine the threads? 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Merged similar threads
  • oodvboo
    oodvboo Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Also affected by this big. RIP Holiday Showdown 
  • Snapple37
    Snapple37 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Something the AI cast was disabling my first creature which had vigilance from On Serra's Wings . Once my creature was disabled, it rotated to 3rd position and 2nd position came down to first. Then AI's support disabled that one, and the loop kept going endlessly . Did not see what the AI cast but it was either green or blue .
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just suffered it in the current HOD Bolas event.

Please @brigby, @Tombstone, @Oktagon_Daiane could you aware the devs about this bug?
  • GingerMcMurray
    GingerMcMurray Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I had two minions out. Three, really, but the third didn't seem to play a part.

1) Arvad the Cursed in slot one with vigilance from On Serra's Wings. Also being affected by Brawler's  Plate, if that matters.
    2) Thief of Sanity with nothing fancy going on.
    3) A third minion I can't think of right now.

I don't remember how many reinforcements each had.

The AI played Claustrophobia and the following sequence started:
    1) Arvad is disabled and moves to slot 2
    2) Thief of Sanity moves to slot one and gains vigilance
    3) Thief of Sanityis disabled and moves to slot 2
    4) Arvad moves to slot one and gains vigilance
    5) Goto 1)

Sorry for the lack of complete details regarding the third minion and reinforcements. It took a while for my forum membership to be approved. 

//Edited Title -Brigby
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Merged similar threads

Hi Everyone. This interaction should be fixed in the upcoming 3.2 build.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The player has three creatures and Serra Wings on the board while Greg has a legendary creature then casts Seal Away.  Seal Away disables the first two creatures and then Serra Wings seems to be applying Vigilance to the third creature, then moves that creature to the first slot. Seal Away reapplies to disable to the first two creatures then the process repeats to no end.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I think that you have encountered the same bug as described here
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/856663