Engulf the Shore crashes game [Can’t reproduce]

Options
Thésée
Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
On Avacyn's Madness  4.3
Happened to me and a teammate, on each instance neither of us had tokens in play

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FecCJuO9I6xbKokg20yloPAtrUlyiglQ/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SlfExY82T4nlVIluQMRTBHpDTuCr5Qol/view?usp=drivesdk

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just happened to me. I've soft locked on 3 nodes now. Thanks for another disappointing event.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There must be something additional being relevant, I got engulfed around.. 3 to 4 times without problems
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe its related to the token stack issues?
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It has never been about tokens; it's reinforced creatures. Tokens usually come in multiples so they are reinforced.
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ArielSira said:
    It has never been about tokens; it's reinforced creatures. Tokens usually come in multiples so they are reinforced.
    Yes, the problem seems to be with reinforced creatures. I survived 2 times Engulf the Shore with no crash in following game, and each time I had no reinforced creature 
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As several topics have mentioned, the game freezes when something (replace, bounce, kill etc) happens to reinforced creatures. Some seem to think it only happens to tokens but they just usually are reinforced.

I just saw a message from @Brigby that there will be a hotfix for Gideons Intervention, can we please get some fix for this freeze as well?

See for example

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76443/engulf-the-shore-crashes-game#latest
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    same here one engulf worked fine then the following
    engulf with my reinforced creature and it froze the battle.

HH
  • Mburn7
    Options
    I got engulfed twice with a massive stack of both Eldrazi Scions and Thopters, and had no issue.  Wonder what other factors might be influencing this.
  • ninjark
    ninjark Posts: 50 Match Maker
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    I got engulfed twice with a massive stack of both Eldrazi Scions and Thopters, and had no issue.  Wonder what other factors might be influencing this.
    Reinforcing is ok.
    Creature buffs are ok.
    Reinforcing & creature buffs are not ok.

Commonly the buff is from Starfield or Lyra.

Edit:  Should add, a return effect on a non-token, reinforced creature with a buff.
  • Feden
    Feden Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Reinforcing is ok.
    Creature buffs are ok.
    Reinforcing & creature buffs are not ok.

Commonly the buff is from Starfield or Lyra.
    I can support that, nearly positive I had creatures buffed + reinforced from Crown of Convergence before Engulf the Shore froze my game.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Merged similar threads together

• ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seeing issue, also had creates buffed by Crown of Convergence.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support this bug is back any creature that is reinforced and bounced for any reason is freezing awr. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We could not reproduce this issue. If you face it again please let us know.

In order to help us, please provide the following information if you have it (you can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game):

• A screenshot of the battle log?

• The Planeswalker you were using and its level.

• Which Event and Node.

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,

Marcela.

• Mburn7
    Options
    I was shocked to get the notification for this thread.  This has to be the longest running bug thread ever.  Look at that start date!  Look at Brigby getting involved!  We need to preserve this for a history museum one day :D
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    I was shocked to get the notification for this thread.  This has to be the longest running bug thread ever.  Look at that start date!  Look at Brigby getting involved!  We need to preserve this for a history museum one day :D
    I don't know how many times I have tries to recreate this
     So we are just missing a very important piece of the puzzle.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Julie71 said:
    Mburn7 said:
    I don't know how many times I have tries to recreate this
     So we are just missing a very important piece of the puzzle.

If its related to the token bounce bug it is almost impossible to consistently recreate, since it seems to happen on and off totally randomly on random devices.  I have personally both had and not had problems with Engulf many times over the years.  This might just be like the pause menu thing that's just a weird and sometimes annoying quirk of this game and its jumbled mess of code.