What is the deal with getting matched to 60s when there are definitely sub-60s?

stikxs
stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
So I'm doing TotP on a walker that is lv30. First 5 matches were all 30-40, then it gave me 60s every match after that. Obviously there are at least 5 appropriate opponents, and I have 100% played against the same deck twice in past TotP events...

Comments

• Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    I have no official knowledge but I believe a change must have been made in the 3.1 update.  Previously, if you submitted a sub-60 walker to an event with a couple of other sub-60 walkers in your level range (your PW's level + 10), you'd get repeatedly paired against those walkers on every node.

Since 3.1 came out, it still pairs me to those walkers first, but once I've played against a particular opponent in an event, it will never re-pair me with that player.  So once I've exhausted the available walkers in my level range, it defaults to "pair with anyone", which means getting stuck with 60s.

This isn't a huge deal in TotP or any other event where you can change PWs, but it makes things a lot riskier for locking in a low-level PW in an event where you can't change.

• fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2018
    Gabrosin said:

Since 3.1 came out, it still pairs me to those walkers first, but once I've played against a particular opponent in an event, it will never re-pair me with that player.  So once I've exhausted the available walkers in my level range, it defaults to "pair with anyone", which means getting stuck with 60s.

It is random,but i always matched with same same 3 opponents in 4 nodes of Totp (both pre 3.1 & after 3.1)