• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    broll said:
    fmftint said:
    Avengers Endgame is coming April 19, 2019
    I hope this gives you sufficient time to prepare a proper tie in
    You realize they fully knew the date for Infinity War long before this same time last year, or they thought they did. The reason they didn’t have enough time was that in March 2018 they moved up the release date from May 4th to April 27th. The developers found out the same time the rest of the world did and they lost a week of development time less than 2 months out. For many companies doing development that’s not enough time to change plans without dropping some things. Espicially, with how unpolished and rushed their releases seem to be its not surprising some things had to be dropped. We could arm chair quarterback and tell them how they should have had the stuff done early to not have something like this happen. But while it may be common for movie releases to be pushed back, it was nearly unprecedented for one to move forward. Planning for something as unpredictable as that is nearly impossible. 

All this said I hope they do plan more wiggle room for future movies since there is now an existing precident. 
    Ummm....you do realize they could have still done all of that a week later - it wasn't like AIW was going away.  THe devs never said they didn't have content because of the pull-in.  .
    Actually they did. 

Edit:  Adding source, took a bit to find

• Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think MPQ is just going to close shop and shut down.  Why?  I've got two words for you:  End Game.  ;)  

(Just kidding... Or am I?  Duh-duh-duuuuuhhhhhhh!)

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To previous character speculation: yeah, I agree on Hawkeye (Ronin) as a 4*. For 5*, I fully expect a second 5* Iron Man, hopefully as good an upgrade from the previous as the Homecoming version was compared to Black Suit.

Aside from those, not sure. 4* Thanos? Don’t really want another Black Widow or Hulk. Maybe a Thor? There should be 2 for movie and 1 for Blu Ray, right? If a second 5* gets tied in, maybe Ant Man, if his importance really takes off in the movie. And then there’s whatever hasn’t yet been revealed.
  • mpqavsmpqavs
    mpqavsmpqavs Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    We can see STAN LEE two more times.
    Captain marvel and end game.
    So can we expect him as a new charecter?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Far From Home was also finished filming before he passed, wasn’t it?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    From what I’ve heard due to Stan’s age and filming difficulties they had started filming them in bulk where possible so instead of doing one they’d do like two to four while they had him. So there’s no way to know how many have been filmed until they tell us or they stop coming. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He could be in Dark Phoenix too.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options
    broll said:
    zodiac339 said:
    From what I’ve heard due to Stan’s age and filming difficulties they had started filming them in bulk where possible so instead of doing one they’d do like two to four while they had him. So there’s no way to know how many have been filmed until they tell us or they stop coming. 
    In before CGI cameos.