Cancel Hour of Devastation Please

Options
Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
Gideon's Intervention and Lich's Mastery are both bugged right now, where both card's effects remain active after the supports are destroyed.

One of the nodes on Hour of Devastation has a "Take X or less damage" objectives, meaning that these cards will be featured in almost every single deck.

That is a recipe for disaster.  Please @Brigby @Oktagon_Daiane either fix the cards before the event starts, or cancel the event until they are fixed.  Otherwise be prepared to compensate a lot of pissed off players.

Comments

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They basically make any pvp match a crapshoot.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does this mean it's impossible for the owner to lose once they play a lich's mastery?  Just trying to wrap my head around this.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    James13 said:
    Does this mean it's impossible for the owner to lose once they play a lich's mastery?  Just trying to wrap my head around this.
    Based on the Bugs forum posts, yes exactly this.

I haven't tested Lich yet but Gideon's Intervention absolutely functions like this.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's a much bigger problem than just a HoD issue.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    James13 said:
    That's a much bigger problem than just a HoD issue.
    Yes, but at least if it costs you a TG or RT match you can just play another one.  If you get it in HoD you just lost 150 jewels.  Huge difference.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    +1.
    Well, +0.5, the title alone would be worth an up vote by me ;)

But the issue is a serious one. I don't expect it to be fixed in time.. Good thing I own banefire and GI.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree, this will likely screw over a lot of people in PVP matches.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is GI?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    What is GI?
    Gideon's Intervention.

While this support is on the board, if your Planeswalker or any of your creatures would take damage, this support loses 1 shield instead.

• Mburn7
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. The team was able to develop a fix for this issue, and they anticipate being able to implement it early next week with a data push. Thank you for being patient!
    Just to clarify, is this fixing only Gideon's Intervention, or Lich's Mastery (and other permanent support effects) as well?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. The team was able to develop a fix for this issue, and they anticipate being able to implement it early next week with a data push. Thank you for being patient!
    That's good news! Will the divine - infinite loop which will lock out the player totally be fixed as well?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Brigby said:
    Just to clarify, is this fixing only Gideon's Intervention, or Lich's Mastery (and other permanent support effects) as well?
    Hi Everyone. The 3.1 hotfix just went live, and both Lich's Mastery and Gideon's Intervention should now be fixed.
    Brigby said:
    That's good news! Will the divine - infinite loop which will lock out the player totally be fixed as well?
    That is a different issue, however the team is also aware of and investigating that as well. I'm afraid a fix for that won't be included in the 3.1 hotfix
  • HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ironically , I've never used either in this event. Hyper aggro all the way for me. It's pretty easy to take less than 10 when the match lasts 3-4 turns . I'd be cool with it being cancelled, though. I just don't wanna again. 
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I stopped using them in the left node ever since I went bonkers mode with Karn/deploy. Now that I have concocted a new Kiora deck of doom for Trials of the Planes I am tempted to switch.
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It is fixed 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. The 3.1 hotfix just went live, and both Lich's Mastery and Gideon's Intervention should now be fixed.
    Brigby said:
    That is a different issue, however the team is also aware of and investigating that as well. I'm afraid a fix for that won't be included in the 3.1 hotfix
    At least LM is not fixed. Got a Match in HOD (right node), where I bounced  (river rebuke) LM and the preventing effect still hold on. I had to wait until recast and destroy it the hard way (gem matches) to win this match. 
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Options
    How is Oktagon “investigataing”? And why does it need investigation???

DI should exile the token rather than destroy it. There’s nothing to “investigate” about it. Just please fix it already.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Froggy said:
    How is Oktagon “investigataing”? And why does it need investigation???

DI should exile the token rather than destroy it. There’s nothing to “investigate” about it. Just please fix it already.
    I think there's a lot to investigate.  Off the top of my head, so probably far from a complete list:
    • Is the cause of the bug completely understood or are only some of the issues identified?
    • Is the cause due to larger underlying issues in the game implementation, and if so, is it feasible to address those issues without risking breaking other cards or other interactions, as opposed to making a band-aid patch for one card?
    • Does the proposed fix solve the issues as intended for the card in isolation?  In combination with other cards?
    • After the fix is implemented, does it introduce any new issues, such as crashes, lag, or other unintended side effects?  For this card?  For other cards with similar effects?  For combinations of cards?
    • Are the issue and the fix documented adequately so future changes won't accidentally undo it?
    Like everyone, I like the idea of a quick turnaround, but to be honest I'd prefer to see more of the above kind of investigation, not less.