Graveyard Abuse - Gameplay

Options
babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
For those of you looking for some ideas on how to abuse some of the new mechanics (surviel and jumpstart in this case) and some of the powerful new cards (Underrealm Lich, Blood Operative, Bacon Bolt and Glimpse).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQirdIekVys&t=1s

As always, would love to hear feedback and ideas you have for other decks!  You should also check out my Firemane deck from last week!  It has a surprise opening sequence :wink:

Comments

• arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, Beacon Bolt has been one of my favorites when it comes to piling up cards in the graveyard. With enough Surveils and Glowspore Shaman, there's one time my Beacon Bolt deals like 29 damage XD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Use drowned secrets. Its awesome. 
  • arNero
    Options
    And sorry for double posting, but I forgot to mention something:

Didn't take screenshot, but I can assure you this is real: After Glowsporing and Surveiling too many times, eventually the next Surveil I do shows less than 4 cards, like what happened with Forerunner/Conquistador nerfs that happened the last time. Of course, I am thankful that my library doesn't actually run out of cards in this situation (I hate the Conquistador "bug"), but it's still pretty funny to watch.
  • WulFgaR77
    WulFgaR77 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My pure surveil (maybe cheaper) variant for Bolas I've played few days ...

Blood Operative
    Lazav
    Dream Eater

Connive
    Discovery
    Price of Fame
    Demolish
    Perilous Voyage

Dowsing Dagger
    Enhanced Surveilance

Just surveil as many cards as possible to get it back to the battlefield via cards or PW abilities.
  • babar3355
    Options
    arNero said:
    And sorry for double posting, but I forgot to mention something:

Didn't take screenshot, but I can assure you this is real: After Glowsporing and Surveiling too many times, eventually the next Surveil I do shows less than 4 cards, like what happened with Forerunner/Conquistador nerfs that happened the last time. Of course, I am thankful that my library doesn't actually run out of cards in this situation (I hate the Conquistador "bug"), but it's still pretty funny to watch.
    I think this occurs when you get to the theoretical bottom of the deck.  Basically your deck is made up of 4 copies each of your 10 cards.  When you get down to card 38 and play surviel it will only show 2 cards.  Once your last card is drawn they are all "shuffled back up" and your keep playing from the top.  

At least that was a theory.  However, if you play 2 copies of HuF (via goggles for example) with only 1 spell in your deck, it will definitely tutor up 6 copies.  So clearly there are inconsistencies.

:shrug:

• BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Bacon Bolt has officially joined the lexicon.
  • babar3355
    Options
    arNero said:
    Well, Beacon Bolt has been one of my favorites when it comes to piling up cards in the graveyard. With enough Surveils and Glowspore Shaman, there's one time my Beacon Bolt deals like 29 damage XD
    Did you watch the video?  I was cracking Bacon Bolts for 90+ damage at the end of the fight!    Honestly, the 3 most important pieces are Bacon Bolt, Lich, and BSZ  By far the most effective way of filling up your GY that I have found.
  • arNero
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    arNero said:
    Did you watch the video?  I was cracking Bacon Bolts for 90+ damage at the end of the fight!    Honestly, the 3 most important pieces are Bacon Bolt, Lich, and BSZ  By far the most effective way of filling up your GY that I have found.
    Haha, I didn't watch the video, but congrats to you then, man, for that :D 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    arNero said:
    I added glimpse the unthinkable, stitch in time and expansion. 
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Only real problem I have w Bacon Bolt is that the AI will shoot himself with it, instead of you.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bacon BoLT.

It has BLT in the name too!
    We need to work out what the L and T parts should represent..

(And I'm hungry now!)