Since we don't have real healing...

Rhipf
Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
wouldn't it make more sense to also not have real self inflicted team damage?

I know this will never be implemented but it has always struck me as odd that there are a lot of characters that do self-inflicted team damage (deal damage to your team as well as the enemy team) but there are no characters that do permanent team healing (at least not since true healing was eliminated). It would be kind of nice if the self-inflicted team damage was also only temporary. Your character could still be "killed" during the fight but if there was self-inflicted damage they would be revived with the self-inflicted damage restored. The damage from the enemy attacks would still be permanent though (well until healed out of battle anyway).

Barring this, maybe it is time to re-introduce true healing on a character or two (maybe a good way to introduce obscure character Elixir).

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Were you around in the true healing days of OBW?  There was a very real and specific reason no char has a team true heal.

She dominated the meta far beyond thor okye.  Everyone could get her covers  easily and during the 5health pack days.  OBW was the crutch that everyone had to use to extend their teams.

a 5* OBW type character would be similarly lead to a gambit level of dominance.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll see your pre-true healing OBW and raise you a pre-nerf 3-star Spider-Man.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a secret to share.........I'm sorry everyone, I caused the true-healing OBW nerf back in 2013/2014.  Back in Dec 2013, everyone was using 2*Thor and 2*Wolverine in PVP, except me.  I used 2*Thor and OBW to win my battles.  It worked very well and I would usually fully heal my team before ending the match.  It seemed like I was the only person who realized how good she was, because no one else was using her in PVP.  They were all obsessed with 2*Wolverine and his 3 Green AP attack (along with a 3 Green AP boost).  But I don't mind going against the flow.  Soon after, I realized something else, I could replay easy prologue nodes and heal my entire team instead of using health packs.  I then shared this advice with my friend who played.  That mechanic allowed me to play battles endlessly and rise up in the ranks in PVP or PVE.  I started doing this all the time (like 20 times a day), going to the same prologue node to heal 2 characters at a time.  Soon after I started this practice, they nerfed OBW true team healing.  So, this was my fault (at least I think it's my fault).
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    My goto 2* team was, and always has been Ares, OBW, Daken. The only change after true-healing was nerfed is that I then had to use some health packs sometimes.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I realize why true healing was removed that is why I was thinking maybe "non-real" self-inflicted team damage could be a counter point to non-real healing.
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    False-heal your damaged characters before your team-damager damages them again, then it's kinda like false-damage. :-D
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Pretty sure people figured it out quite quickly on their own...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's no true team healing, but I see true roster healing...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I will see your 3* Spider-Man and raise you 2* thorverine!!  I will also throw in a 1* storm with green enviornmental tiles.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    The issue is that "real" team damage is calculated into the formula for those powers. So if that damage was no longer permanent, the cost would go up, the effects would diminish, or the powers would outright change in some way.

Take a look at the roster of anyone playing the Thanos 5E PvE event with a decently covered/leveled version, and you will immediately see the answer of why the damage isn't temporary.

#HealthPackSalesConspiracy
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime said:
    Dormammu said:
    I will see your 3* Spider-Man and raise you 2* thorverine!!  I will also throw in a 1* storm with green enviornmental tiles.
    Haha...I remember those days. 1* Storm with environmental tiles felt like a cheat code.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    I have a secret to share.........I'm sorry everyone, I caused the true-healing OBW nerf back in 2013/2014.  Back in Dec 2013, everyone was using 2*Thor and 2*Wolverine in PVP, except me.  I used 2*Thor and OBW to win my battles.  It worked very well and I would usually fully heal my team before ending the match.  It seemed like I was the only person who realized how good she was, because no one else was using her in PVP.  They were all obsessed with 2*Wolverine and his 3 Green AP attack (along with a 3 Green AP boost).  But I don't mind going against the flow.  Soon after, I realized something else, I could replay easy prologue nodes and heal my entire team instead of using health packs.  I then shared this advice with my friend who played.  That mechanic allowed me to play battles endlessly and rise up in the ranks in PVP or PVE.  I started doing this all the time (like 20 times a day), going to the same prologue node to heal 2 characters at a time.  Soon after I started this practice, they nerfed OBW true team healing.  So, this was my fault (at least I think it's my fault).
    Yeah I’m pretty sure we all used to dive into Swords to Plowshares to heal our team...