Would this be a good solution to dilution?

NotBAMF
NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

I came up with this at, like, 3am when I woke up to go to the bathroom. I still can't tell if it's a good idea or if I was too tired to be thinking.

MPQ creates a third kind of legendary token and changes what it is in each of the stores.

1) Latest Legends - 25 CP - 3 most recent 5* characters (just like now) and 20 most recent 4* characters.

2) Classic Legends - 20 CP - 4th-10th (maybe?) most recent 5* characters and 21st-45th (maybe?) most recent 4* characters

3) Ancient Legends (?) - 15 CP - all the rest of the 5* and 4* characters that are not in the first two stores.

So is this awful or would you be for it?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Latest Legends is fine, it's the Classic vault that needs to be broken down into about three or four sub-vaults that each have unique 4s and 5s, allowing players to narrow the field when targeting a certain character. This has been suggested many times.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've suggested smaller Legendary token pools as well, but I'm not holding my breath.  ANYTHING to reduce 4* and 5* dilution would be welcome. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the solution to dilution requires an adaptive solution. That is to say, changes to how characters are drawn, its odds etc are updated every 6 months to 12 months. 

The problem with your solution is that your third store will face dilution problem again. Secondly, your solution kinda reduce the value or rarity of 5* characters and 4* characters. 5* is the end-game character tier now. It makes sense that they are difficult to get. If they are easy or cheap to get, they are not rare. 

They could update Bonus Heroes in Classic Legends to give two different selected characters of each tier, so that vet players will be more motivated to open Classic Legends. 

They could go back to doing their rotation again, with a mix of old and new characters. 

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Likely hard to make work properly but,  how about a token that lets the player CHOOSE which 3 five stars you wanted in the pool.  They could even raise the cost as a premium token 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't be surprised if they create a new token and a new currency for acquiring 5 stars only. 

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't be surprised if they create a new token and a new currency for acquiring 5 stars only. 

Sure, they'll call it Demiurge points, which can only be won by spending at least $100 per week, or emptying event vaults or buying 40-packs or placing #1 in any event or using Wiccan 50 times a day.  After obtaining 10,000 points you can evoke the power of the demiurge and get any 5* cover you want, then it resets.  It will be a beloved feature enjoyed by everyone. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker

They've essentially already created the tokens for rare cases like nerfing 5*'s.  Don't see a new currency coming for this, but they could simply make it cost 10x (or more) of the cost of the corresponding pool, so for a gtd legendary 5*, it costs 250cp, and for a classic one, 200cp.  It's a bad deal for the player, but people would buy.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just have the 12 latest 4s and let the player pick four more. Everything else gets vaulted. It's not difficult.