Sentries

2»

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind sentries as they don't have a ton of health and are easy to beat
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Four-star characters of note in this fight:

Medusa - Captain Obvious says Medusa's a really good character here.  And in most other cases as well.

Kraven - Who cares if they've got a bunch of special tiles on the board? They're all strength 1.

Mockingbird - How often do they get Match 4+?  You get some free stuff out of the deal every time they do!

Jean Grey - For those Match-5 cascades they get...and for removing their tiles as well.

Mordo - All of those AP that they generate, but never use?  Smackdown!

X-Force Deadpool - Countdown to What? tiles do their damage when they're destroyed by their passive.  Hooray!

America Chavez - Terrible in this fight.  One of the few times I wouldn't use her, even if she had been boosted.  You'll almost never catch up with their AP.  (She's AWESOME against Ultron himself, though!)
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I ran Hawkguy + Hulkbuster against all the sentry side nodes -- generated blue for shields (and incidental red creation), purple for boomerangs everywhere.  In alternate timelines, I like to run Medusa + Iceman against sentry teams.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Kraven neutralizes a majority of the damage their special tiles create. Pair him with Nico and Luke C4ge and you take minimal damage and plow through them.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Kraven neutralizes a majority of the damage their special tiles create. Pair him with Nico and Luke C4ge and you take minimal damage and plow through them.
    4* Cage is not exactly useless against sentries, but he doesn't provide any special value either, since his protect tiles and enemy tile removal don't work against passives (he is, however, a gamechanger against Mindless Ones).
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I'll try Kraven-Mockingbird-XFDP against Sentries next time. Sounds interesting.