New Release... One color...

Options
this doesn’t apply to this upcoming release because it’s a boss event. But with a boss event coming up it does kinda show it’s possible. Why during a new release (PvE) are T100 Alliance Reward and t100 personal reward the same color. And then when the PvP progression reward is up for grabs it the same color. Why not make each reward a different color so most everyone will at least get all of the powers. And don’t say it’s not in the games best interest because with this boss event most everyone will get Prowler in every color, while both my Domino and Bishop sit at 1/1/4? I just think it would let everyone have a better experience with new releases

Comments

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    this doesn’t apply to this upcoming release because it’s a boss event. But with a boss event coming up it does kinda show it’s possible. Why during a new release (PvE) are T100 Alliance Reward and t100 personal reward the same color. And then when the PvP progression reward is up for grabs it the same color. Why not make each reward a different color so most everyone will at least get all of the powers. And don’t say it’s not in the games best interest because with this boss event most everyone will get Prowler in every color, while both my Domino and Bishop sit at 1/1/4? I just think it would let everyone have a better experience with new releases
    My 0/1/4 Bishop agrees with you whole heartedly.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It has been this way for years, and they probably aren't going to change it. It creates artificial scarcity, so people are more inclined to chase the color that isn't offered as often.

Whether it actually is best for the game, or if it's just a "necessary evil" that we suffer through for the benefit of the business side of the game, for now it seems to work, so they aren't likely to do anything about it.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The reason they made the alliance and top 100 the same was to reduce alliance hopping at the end of the event.  It used to be the alliance reward was the same as the top 10 placement reward.  Alliance hopping was massive and when they changed it to top 100 same as alliance the hopping went down.  
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Back before saved covers, I suspect it would have likely driven sales as people would either spend CP to buy specific covers, or HP to open many extra tokens in order to try and save a cover from expiring in their queue.
    I wonder how successful that is thes days?  Saved covers have removed the time pressure, and dilution has greatly increased the number of tokens you'd need to buy in order to acquire any particular cover.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moving to suggestions

• NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 2/2/9 Dazzler, 3/3/9 Nebula, and 1/1/4 Bishop all agree with this.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Albeit bad luck to pull a yellow from Shield training for Worthy Cap, it does seem a bit silly that mine is 0/3/4 after the SCL9 release events

top50 pve placement       red yellow             (blue only for top20)
    alliance pve placement    yellow
    pve progression               red
    top10 pvp placement       red                        (blue only for top5)
    pvp progression               yellow
    shield training                  yellow                    (random)

My personal preference would be that the pvp progression cover was the blue (ie the "rarest" awarded from pve placement)