A couple of improvement suggestions

Options
Hiya,

I've been playing the game for a while, and have a couple of improvement suggestions.

Firstly, I'd like the event timings to change (or extra ones added) - being in the UK, having events start @ 5pm, & 10pm are difficult for anyone going for placement, if they work. The 10pm starts too late, and the 5pm ends too early. Is there any change of extra events, beginning @ 7, 8 or 9pm?

Secondly, I'd like a skip button, for when we're pulling multiple covers. I know, for multi-packs, the button exists - but not for each cover token that's earned individually...

Thanks

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm on US Eastern Time and my chosen PVE time slot is 11pm and I don't have a problem with it.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    I'm on US Eastern Time and my chosen PVE time slot is 11pm and I don't have a problem with it.

Different people have different Schedules. I have a time slot that ends on 11 PM too but only play that one for weekend events - I can't stay up grinding until midnight on a work night. So I usually go with the 6PM end time which means I do my grind immediately after work. I would love to see a different distribution of end times since optimal PvE play has changed quite a bit since time slices were introduced - when refresh time was 2½ hours you just needed to do a final grind and one initial clear, now you need to do final grind and four clears in the new sub.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    bbigler said:

Different people have different Schedules. I have a time slot that ends on 11 PM too but only play that one for weekend events - I can't stay up grinding until midnight on a work night. So I usually go with the 6PM end time which means I do my grind immediately after work. I would love to see a different distribution of end times since optimal PvE play has changed quite a bit since time slices were introduced - when refresh time was 2½ hours you just needed to do a final grind and one initial clear, now you need to do final grind and four clears in the new sub.

And boy do I wish we could play something other than 2.9.
    I'd love to get T3 in subs at least occasionally, but I'd need more arms for that.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:
    bbigler said:

And boy do I wish we could play something other than 2.9.
    I'd love to get T3 in subs at least occasionally, but I'd need more arms for that.

Yeah, when I was able to visit slice 3 for an event I made top 5 just like that. Admittedly, just about Everything worked out for me that one time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Time slices have been a constant issue with this game for me as well.  There is no truly good PvE timeslice that works for me Eastern USA.

1 - 7am - Work start
    2 - 12pm - Could do over lunch time, but I can't always control I won't have lunch with a vendor or have to work through lunch too risky to commit to every day.
    3 - 5pm - Commute home
    4 - 11pm - I'm in bed by here.
    5 - 2am - I'm in bed by here.

I've started doing 5 simply because it's such weak competition even non-optimal I'm getting better than I was doing trying slot 3.  Why is there such a huge gap between 3 & 4?

Between 1 & 2 - 4 hours
    Between 2 & 3 - 5 hours
    Between 3 & 4 - 6 hours
    Between 4 & 5 - 3 hours
    Between 5 & 1 - 5 hours

5pm - 11pm skips over what for most people in an Eastern time zone (probably Central too) who work a typical 1st shift job would be prime time.  That, I would think, is a sizable group of players (and where the devs would fit too).  Why can't there be something between those?  

Problems with time slices get brought up quite frequently and have never been addressed.  Sorry OP but I wouldn't hold my breath, I've given up truly expecting a change here. 

IMO the real change would be to restructure PvE so that it meets all or most of the follwing :
    1. Doesn't have time slices at all
    2. Doesn't require play at specific times to get best score
    3. Score isn't so heavily based on speed of play
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    U.S. west coast here. My choices are 4am, 9am, 2pm, 8pm, and 11pm. 

I actually get up for work at 4am so while you'd think the 4am slice may be out for me, I've discovered I can still place reasonably well (T50 in CL9) by doing my initial clears on the train into work, then doing my final clears right before bed. It's not great but it works.

9am and 2pm are out because I'm hard at work then (or so my boss would like to think).

8pm would work...if I wanted to skip dinner, or other family events.

11pm can only either be done very inefficiently, or when I'm not working the next day (on vacation, etc.)

It is funny that with 5 slices to choose from, not one of them works well for me.

The only time I can catch a break is during the daylight saving change when the 8pm slice becomes 9pm, or the 11pm slice becomes 10pm. Except that's only for one event and then it goes back to normal.