What are the covers you can't... stop... getting?

NotBAMF
NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker

When it comes to incomplete characters, there's almost always one color that the game keeps force-feeding me, and I was reminded of this when I beat Crash of the Titans today and my LL token was YET ANOTHER black cover for my 2/5/3 Eddie Brock (+4 saved black covers now). I'm sure it's the same for a lot of folks, so who are your worst offenders?

I know that my 2/2/5 (+4 saved) Dazzler is barely convinced colors besides green exist.

And my 2/2/5 (+4 saved) Nebula feels the same way about red.

My Cyclops (5/3/2 + 3 saved) actually started off with 9 red covers before I ever saw a blue or a yellow (and before saved covers existed).

Quake is another character for whom I may only have 3 saved green covers on her 5/4/4 build, but I burned away a LOT of extra greens before the days of saving (and at least I did finally manage a 13 cover build for her recently, though I haven't champed her).

What covers have you been overburdened with?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    1*s & 2*s.  Primarily 1*s but that was too short to post.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Carol.
    My dupe is 293.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was way before cover save became a thing but I remember before I champed Teen Jean, I swear I must have pulled over 20 Purples before I had her fully covered. It was maddening.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    C4rol Black
    ProfX Blue
    Iceman Blue
    Bl4de Green
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Lately it's been Cable blue. He hit 10/1/1 last night. It's getting to the point where I'm starting to fear when purple comes up from a LT, because it feels like it's always just another Cable blue.
    I got a ton of Vulture black covers before I managed to champ him, too. He was stuck at something like 5/3/3 for ages while I had to just keep tossing black covers, since that was before saving was an option.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Wasp yellow was everywhere for awhile.

My first ever decent side hoard pull it was Blade green.  Out of ~120 pulls, including BH hits, I think I got 8 greens.  I did end up fully covering him.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red Hulk's red and until recently Venom (Eddie's) yellow. But I got around my Venom problem with Loki and currently hoarding 3* Thor covers so I can get my last cover for Red Hulk. Outside of those everyone else in 4* land is champed, fully covered or fairly even.
  • Lejon
    Lejon Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    My patch was 0/0/5 for a really long time back in the day and I pulled like 15 more before I finally got him maxed covered. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pre-saving, I couldn't stop getting blue Nick Fury's or purple Spider-Woman. On a much smaller scale, a few lopsided 5*s. My 6/1/1 DareDevil, 7/3/2 ghost rider, and a 5/2/1 Okoye come to mind, though that's hardly a 10/1/1 lol
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Oh, I forgot about 5*. My only bad one there is Jessica Jones (1/2/5 + 3 saved).
  • IronLad
    IronLad Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    My memorable one was Doctor Strange 3*; felt like I had blue covers departing on the stack on a daily basis by the time he was finally champed - must have burned through 15+ excess waiting for the right pulls.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Nightcrawler is champed, so I wouldn't call it any kind of burden, but one week it got to the point where if I pulled any more of his covers, they'd have to announce it as part of the morning's weather report. 
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Red
    G4mora ... Miles Morales .... Ares....   2* Thor... (I'm ending here but there's more.)

RNG knows there are other colors in the game, right?

The only nice thing is save covers feature.  

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    2*s. They are such a waste of time and so paltry a reward and yet they 75% or more of what you get.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    X-23 green. She's a solid 9/0/1
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lockjaw. He's well on the way to being my first maxed 4* at this rate. Before him it was Antman for the longest time.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    10 green covers for Iron Spider. He's like a 1/10/2 or something.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phoenix Green.
    At 12/4/2 I'm starting to think I'll never get her finished. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

For a while my Okoye was a mighty 0/5/0. I tried pulling as much as I could while it was still possible to have dupes swapped, but of course I only got more yellows after that window closed. By that time I had gotten a few black and red covers, but it wasn't until she got a feeder that I managed to champ her.

I used to get a heck of a lot of Phoenix green covers back when she was fairly new too. I could probably have rostered two dupes if I hadn't decided that was a waste of roster space...

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    While chasing Okoye covers while she was still in latest, my Wa5p reached something like 8/2/1. 

But the most ridiculous single color streak I ever saw was in my 2* farm on (I think) Moonstone, where I legit reached something like 20ish saved covers when she was 2/5/5. Now that I recap this, I realize it was before the saved covers feature even, which means they were just polluting my vine.

/edit: Another one I recall: Before I could champion C4rol, I only pulled her black covers for quite a while. So much in fact that I decided to reroster her, reaching something like 4/1/0 before I pulled the final cover in the color I needed.