Rostering Advice

dxanders
dxanders Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
So I don't play perfectly. Sometimes I get impetuous and open tokens when I know I shouldn't. But I'm at the point where all my 3s are rostered and I have five 4s on the vine. I also have one roster slot free.

Three will be expiring within 24 hours: Dazzler, Spider-Gwen, and Sam Wilson. So I can roster one.

In about nine days, I'll have two more expiring: Luke Cage and Iron Man. I'm hoping I'll be able to get the CP to roster both before they expire, but I'm not certain. I should be able to get at least one.

Any advice on who I should roster? I have eight other 4s on my team, but none of them are close to ready for the big leagues. My two most developed ones (Ghost and Spider-Woman) are just at four covers.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of the two groups, Dazzler and C4ge would be my recommendations, respectively. Spider-Gwen needs a team built around her, while 4* Flaying Sam is just bad. From the other two, Hulkbuster isn't bad, but he's been outclassed by the more recent 4*.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dazzler definitely, she is going to be essential in the next PvE after Enemy of the State. They seem to use recent releases as essentials quite often lately too so you will be able to use her a lot.
    And yeah, Cage is probably the best second choice too.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are at the stage where you are ok opening the tokens but you should make sure you have the HP for roster slots to do so.  You are wasting a lot of 4* covers you will want back in the future. Dazzler and Iron Man would be my advice on rostering.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dazzler. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dazzler and Luke Cage for sure. For hp you should look at all of your 3s and for the ones that give hp as a champ reward next I would make them a bonus hero. If you have any max champed 2s you could sell them and then reroster them. Not too difficult to get enough hp for a new roster slot in nine days.
  • dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Rostered Dazzler, don't regret it. It sounds like Cage is the way to go, but chances are decent I'll have the chance to roster up him and IM, or at least temporarily swap out a 2* max champ in the meantime.

Thanks for the advice, guys.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa said:
    You are at the stage where you are ok opening the tokens but you should make sure you have the HP for roster slots to do so.  You are wasting a lot of 4* covers you will want back in the future.
    This is really good advice. Hoard your LTs, CPs, and possibly even Heroic tokens until you have an available roster slot (or the HP to make one). Then you can dip into your hoard until you open a character you don't have on roster and stop.

You sometimes have to play the long game in MPQ and manage your resources wisely. It may seem like a delay in progress to hoard, but not wasting covers will actually expedite your roster's advancement.