Did champion rewards get a stealth update?

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
Not in terms of who feeds whom from 3->4*, but the color rotation.

While updating character levels in my spreadsheet this evening, I've already come across five 3* displaying a feeder cover order that differs from in-game, and I'm 90% sure they were previously correct. I'm going through all of them to verify, but so far I've come across:

3R&G: Drax colors reversed at 183 and 223
3Thor: initially noticed my spreadsheet showing green @ 223, while the game showed red, but when I looked closer, all three rewards were wrong

I looked closer.

Angel and Beast seemed to have rotated by one cover each (i.e. instead of purple/blue/green, green/purple/blue)
Black Panther showing blue/yellow/black in my spreadsheet, but black/blue/yellow in-game (again, a rotation)
Black Widow showing blue/yellow/purple in-game, but yellow/blue/purple in my spreadsheet
Blade: red/green/black in my sheet, black/red/green in-game
Bullseye: black/purple/yellow in my sheet, but yellow/purple/black in-game (that one looks straight-up reversed)

At this point, I'm going to take a step back and note that that's the first six characters in the tier, alphabetically, all with different feeder cover orders than what's in my spreadsheet (and at 4:30 am I'm not going to keep digging right this moment, but I bet they're all going to be wrong straight down the line).

So I'm throwing it out to the community: has anybody else noticed a discrepancy along these lines?

@Brigby, can you confirm whether I'm losing my mind or not?

Comments

• wingX
    wingX Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    So far I only encounter 1 character that has feeder covers changed which is 3*Dr Octopus. I remember initially at 223 should give Carnage Black but later I find out that it changed to Green.
    But if I am not wrong, Angel and Beast are always green/purple/blue for me.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at the various 3’s, it’s not all of them that are off, just a lot of them.  It seems odd; I thought champ rewards always went in color order (top to bottom).  Patch, for example, still gives G,Black,Yellow. 3Spidey gives P,Y,R.

The 2’s to 3’s seem to be off as well, with most I’ve looked at not starting with the top color. 

Most people super focused on feeders are worried about the 4 -> 5’s, which all (except Murica to JJ) still go in color order.  So it’s hard to say exactly when this might have happened. 

Some 3 - 4 transitioners may have some more information / strong opinions about this.  

Maybe someone changed a spreadsheet by mistake. Maybe they are working on champ rewards updates more broadly and this is an early change.  Maybe this is a way to try to create a broader color spread for people.  
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Champion

The colors haven't changed in this Wiki page in some time and it is matching the game for the ones you called out that I looked at. Back when Champions were first added, they were not all in power order like 5*s have generally been. Not sure why exactly but I assume it was because double feeders to a 4* were more frequent then (not that this explains out-of-order 2* champion rewards).

So I think your spreadsheet is just off.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    And yet they couldn't fix Chavez giving the wrong JJ cover =(
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    There ended up being two that were correct. I had to fix all the rest. Now, it's not impossible that I just screwed up somewhere, but I don't drink THAT heavily.