PX vs Elektra

Trilateralus
Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
This is hands down my least favourite CotT. While certainly not unwinnable, since her last rework Elektra seems almost tailor made to shut down the Prof. Invisibility is almost a double edged sword, you may be safe from damage but you start buffing the strike tiles she gives you. Which is great until she steals them. Good luck beating her before she steals them if she uses Ballet of Death. You have two options at that point, focus on your colours to increase your match damage or deny her colours to delay her. If she lets loose with a Shadow Step strap in for a long slog. Ultimately this fight has you at the mercy of the RNG gods capriciousness hoping for a match 5 while Shadow Step isn’t in play. 

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i hit a match 5 on my first turn. then settled into the match damage fest with invisibility vs shadow step for about 20 agonizing minutes. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her black and red are just insane since the rework.
    I only won because I managed to trick her into creating a 5-match for me to use which took her down to half health. Then it was hoarding purple as much as possible and trying to create cascades to get rid of the near infinite black traps.

Not easy and not a particularly fair match. You need to let her get purple in order to start doing damage, but not *too* much purple or she'll steal the strike tiles you were cultivating.

If she gets red, you're basically screwed. All that effort you went through to deny red and black ends up having her steal it off you. Same with any purple you were storing in case she matched your invis tile.

It's very luck based, I feel.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed. My 3/1/1 professor did win, but it took a long time due to the nearly endless shadow steps. 

Unkillable? She gets close. 
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't have much of a problem with this match but I can see that it's very luck-based. Though, it shows that Elektra is great when it's a 1-on-1 battle. Too bad we can't rely on her black more when she's with other characters since it requires her to tank and it's kinda hard to do that if she isn't boosted. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    First match took ten minutes and I lost count of how many shadow steps she got. She finally nailed my invisibility tile and killed me. Second match was over in about 90 seconds, I got 2 match 5s. Very much down to the luck of the board.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    It's all about getting invisible and staying that way. Otherwise you're screwed.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Took a few attempts with my 5/3/2 lvl 209 PX. It really is all about staying invisible. Which is a challenge if you don't get a favourable tile placement and Ballet of Death comes out. My last attempt I managed to stay invisible and wait out the Shadow Steps. Token was an Agent Coulson (or Ghost as I got an LT on my daily reward as well)
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Yep that’s the most long drawn out and dull contest 

took 10 minutes and + 50% on all colours 

thank goodness thats done for a few months 
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    lost the first try, won the second, but I thought it was hilarious because of how strong the dumb strike tiles got. No Master Plan either battle.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe about 10 mins and won with 34 hp left
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Yep that’s the most long drawn out and dull contest 

took 10 minutes and + 50% on all colours 

thank goodness thats done for a few months 
    Correction:  almost a full year.   I’m not sure who all is Crash eligible when, but at 70 4’s it’s a 350 day cycle. And there are 76 in game (plus the 3 limiteds), so probably effectively a year right now).

This is one of the few crashes where having a 300+ champ doesn’t mean automatic victory first try.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a weird Crash. It's one of the few that are theoretically winnable with a single cover, but it's still a very difficult one even for a champed Professor. At least Elektra doesn't have an AoE.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I was able to get invisible after about 4 turns, then just matched and denied black and won pretty easily.  As long as you’re invisible, focus on multiple matches or chains instead of match-4’s, just to clear the trap tiles faster.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use purple AP boost if needed and make sure to get to 7 ap asap.  Don't use it until there are no easy purple matches on board and then always match purple first. Two reasons for this, stops her from matching invisibility tile and gives you a reserve to reuse the power in the event she matches it. Unlucky board can be an issue but really I still find it one of the easier fights due to X's invisibility.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I won I first try with champ PX. Gather purple. Get invisible. Have enough purple to immediately go invisible again if needed. 

Had to go re-invisible once. Wait d through 2 rounds of shadow step, but by the time shadow step was over, the boosted strike tiles only took 2 matches. 

Just try to control the purple. 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I won on the first try, but it was still annoying as heck, and that is with having opened with a Match-5. She got her Shadow Step off twice on me, but I just stayed invisible almost the whole match and stalled her out. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I failed the first time, but passed it the second try. My Professor X has 13 covers, but is only at LV 160. What really saved me was the Invisibility Power coupled with Electra giving me Strike tiles with her powers. If your invisible enough you can chip away at Elektra's health slowly. It sucks, but it gets it done. Any Support character makes the Crash harder and slower than it should be specially if you don't gave the Essential 4* champed.
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    This match can be a royal pain, but I got lucky.  Won in 3 moves, each was a match-5.  I did win this once when my Prof X was only lvl 70.  Stayed invisible the entire time.  I think the match took me over 30 mins.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Is it just me, or is about every subject now posted in general discussion? This thread is an ideal candidate for Events, Tournaments and Missions.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    Agreed. My 3/1/1 professor did win, but it took a long time due to the nearly endless shadow steps. 

Unkillable? She gets close. 

I have a level 306 Professor X and I struggled. I dunno how you managed with a 3/1/1! Congrats dude =D