Options
2»

Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Options
    blabla. 
    who knows. I might drunkenly open everything I have in a few days and be confused about my roster and the gazillion health packs.

if not, JJ/okoye/thor would be nice, thank you very much. 
    could you imagine the itchy fingers after TWO awesome 5s are released and you just have to wait to see if they stumble upon a Hattrick? 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    Just left Club 16:
    5*'s: zero
    4* bonus heroes: zero

Maybe I should have waited until I had enough to enter Club 21 :(
    I track my LT pulls individually in a log.  The longest run I've had without a 5* is in the 30s, as I recall.  They suck really badly.
  • GrimSkald
    Options

My hoard seems very solid for me to cover Kitty, I decided to give the "Family Legends" a shot with some of the CP.  Because of this "challenge," I decided that 21 was a good number, here's what I got:

2 5* - Black Bolt and OML - Below average but only by one.  More annoyingly, it was Thor I wanted (my Thor is still only 252, one of my lowest 5*s,) but the RNG is random... >shrug<

8 Featured 4*s - Spider-Man, Luke, Carnage, R&G x3, Vulture, Captain Marvel x2,

10 Non-Featured 4*s - Star Lord, Wasp x2, Gwenpool, IMHB, Emma, Sandman, Prof X, Rulk, JG

3 Bonus Heroes - allWar Machine - I wanted him to 320 for the IM46 cover and that took him exactly there.

So, I didn't get what I really, really wanted, which was at least one more Thor cover, but that's the way it goes.  I may pull a bit more if I cover Kitty on Wednesday and the timing works out.  I did, however, get 3 Rocket and Groot, which is awesome, and got my War Machine to 320 which is where I want him.  Now I have to decide what 4* to set BH now, maybe it's back to Sandman for GG, or maybe Spiderman (IW) for BSSP or maybe even Valkyrie for Thor...

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:

<snip>

I did, however, get 3 Rocket and Groot, which is awesome... <snip>

How's this for odds and RNG randomness: I've had more than 90 4* pulls from that store, and not a single one has been Grocket, despite being at 5x odds. In fact, it's the *only* character at increased odds I haven't pulled at least one cover for. :rage:
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    GrimSkald said:

<snip>

How's this for odds and RNG randomness: I've had more than 90 4* pulls from that store, and not a single one has been Grocket, despite being at 5x odds. In fact, it's the *only* character at increased odds I haven't pulled at least one cover for. :rage:
    That's unfortunate, but you kind of have to look at it from a straight statistics standpoint.  The "Family Legends" store is set up pretty much the way the "Latest" and "Classics" used to be - with 12 curated 4*s taking the place of the 12 latest.  That means that any particular 4* draw has a 50% chance of being one of the 12, and a 50% chance of being one of the rest.

Divide your number by 2, then divide it again by 12 - that's how many of any particular 4* you would have pulled on average (so about half the time.) 90 -> 45 -> just under 4.  Sure, the odds are against drawing at least one - on average you should have drawn 4, but that's not outside the curve by any means...

• DarthDeVo
    Options
    GrimSkald said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    GrimSkald said:

<snip>

That's unfortunate, but you kind of have to look at it from a straight statistics standpoint.  The "Family Legends" store is set up pretty much the way the "Latest" and "Classics" used to be - with 12 curated 4*s taking the place of the 12 latest.  That means that any particular 4* draw has a 50% chance of being one of the 12, and a 50% chance of being one of the rest.

Divide your number by 2, then divide it again by 12 - that's how many of any particular 4* you would have pulled on average (so about half the time.) 90 -> 45 -> just under 4.  Sure, the odds are against drawing at least one - on average you should have drawn 4, but that's not outside the curve by any means...

I actually miscounted the number of 4* pulls I had at that point. I was factoring in *all* pulls in that store, not just 4* pulls.

I ended with 98 total pulls. Eleven were 5* covers (11.2 percent rate); should have gotten about four more to be on pace. I did get one 5* BH, so that beat the odds. And yes, final tally was zero Grocket covers out of 87 4* pulls. I had precisely one 4* BH for a 1.4 percent pull rate. Three or four more would have had me on pace.

What you say about odds is true, and I actually got past the point of being frustrated to finding it comical. Almost. 90/10 split on amused/irritated.

Still mostly happy with my pulls. I just hope burning all that CP past my initial 72 pulls won't come back to bite me in the butt. 
  • GrimSkald
    Options

Woof, that BH rate sucks, but I've seen that on my own pulls.  You feel that one more keenly because the BH give you a lot more control over what you pull.  Still, a 5* BH is like a unicorn. :)

I mean, how much your spending burns you depends on how much you need Kitty and Cable, really.  they're both decent, but not game-changing, so in the long run it really doesn't matter that much.

I made another 9 pulls myself before noon - got two more Bolts but no Thor.  Ah well.

• DarthDeVo
    Options
    GrimSkald said:

Woof, that BH rate sucks, but I've seen that on my own pulls.  You feel that one more keenly because the BH give you a lot more control over what you pull.  Still, a 5* BH is like a unicorn. :)

I mean, how much your spending burns you depends on how much you need Kitty and Cable, really.  they're both decent, but not game-changing, so in the long run it really doesn't matter that much.

I made another 9 pulls myself before noon - got two more Bolts but no Thor.  Ah well.

A few months ago, I had a decent run of 4* BH. I don't usually track individual pulls, but it was noticably more frequent, and probably close to the advertised rate. I'd say this rate is probably closer to my normal pull rate for 4* BH.

Cable is 0/1/0. So I'll have my work cut out for him. We'll see how it shakes it though. 
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulled 21 when Kingpin entered. Got three 5*s (all Cable). Also got four bonus 4*s. 

At at least now Prowler is level 209 and Bishop is 188. 

• abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulled 21 this morning.
    2 x 5* (Cable to 2/2/1, Kitty to 3/2/5)
    2 x bonus 4*

I’ll wait a couple of days for a few more CP, then pull another 21, which will empty my mini-hoard.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Opened 44 tokens got 1 Kitty, 1 cables, 1 kingpin and 1 bonus 4 star
  • GrimSkald
    Options

I pulled some Classics since I got what I wanted out of Latest (finished Kitty, my Cable is 11 covers, and I have 6 KP covers.)  Here's what I got:

4 Stars: America, CM, Dazzler, Elektra x2, Gwenpool, JG, Medusa, Nebula, Nova, Peggy, Prof X. Prowler x2, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, TAHulk, Valkyrie

5 Stars: Archangel (boo!  Though he did give me a LT,) Spider Man (Back in Black) (a cover I needed, which is good for PVE.)

1 BH (IW Spider Man, I want one more cover for my BSSM.)

So I was down one 5*, but that's not much of an outlier, and average for BH.

• Shadojakk
    Shadojakk Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    GrimSkald said:

I got my 13th Thanos cover as a BH. I usually average 1 a year for 5* BH. Same happened to me with Black Bolt as well.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Pulled 28 to empty my hoard down to 2CP.
    Got a single 5* Kingpin black, no other 5’s, which is frustrating.
    Did get 2 x Bishop just from RNG, and 2 x 4* bonus Grocket, so I’m trying to look on the bright side of that.
    And I finally have enough covers to champ Vulture (my first 4* champ). This would have been more exciting if I had the iso on hand to follow through with it :). This will be the start of a looong process I guess..
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Joined the Club for the first time last night
    Didn't go well...

I got 2 5*s. Cable (my first Yellow) and Kingpin (my first in any color, so at least now he's on roster).
    I would have loved even one more Kitty (I'm currently at 2/1/1) and I even had her as my BH, but none. Oh well...

That's not the part that disappoints me, though. I'm still in 4*-Land. 5*s are not my primary objective at all. They're just nice to take out of the garage every once and a while, otherwise they are just there to admire.
    I'm just trying to strengthen my entire base of 4*s. I have 19 Champed, 11 or so at 12 covers, and all the rest spreading from 11 down to 1 cover. I was targeting no one particular character and especially no one particular color. I just wanted a good mix to continue my slow steady growth. Instead, almost every cover was worthless to me. Okay, that's a slight over-reaction...  I know no cover is truly worthless, but 15 of my 19 4* pulls were either champ-levels or saved covers. My roster isn't mature enough (at least I don't think it is) for that to seem possible. 

How likely should it be expected that 11 of my pulls were one of the 19 (out of ~70) 4*s chars that I already had champed?
    4 more of my pulls that weren't champs were of colors I already have 5 of. Come on! 

What is this that I keep hearing about dilution? I want dilution! I want variety. Instead it seems like I only ever get the same 30 chars in the 4* tier. Don't get me wrong, you can't champ anyone if you only have a handful of covers on everyone, but it seems like my RNG is in a rut.

Am I missing something? Am I expecting too much (or too little) of my roster to want to grow it randomly?
    Normally I don't hoard (this 21 is my largest "hoard" since saving 50 Classic-pulls' worth of CP last Summer just to try it), I always pull as I go. Always Classics with my CP. I rarely play PVP and when I do it's usually no further than for the 10 CP. Always get max-progression in PvE (SCL7) and in a pretty casual alliance. I'm not playing to grow fast, that's not my objective.

Side Note:
    I got so frustrated I made a rash decision and champed Carol! (Oh darn, right :wink: )
    My Carol was at 5/5/1 this time last year. I finally scrounged up one Green cover last Fall when I pushed beyond push to get to 40 wins in a PvP I had no right playing in. Pulled two last night.. any Green? NOPE! Those two pushed her to 6 Saved Covers. I said "screw it" and traded them in. I don't play that way, it's not my style. I'm slow, I'm methodical, I'M CHEAP. But for Carol (and potentially ONLY Carol) I decided I could live with it. :smile:

//venting session completed//
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm currently 0 for 17 in Latest. So i might join Club 21 soon, though it sadly is a very different Club 21 and one I'd rather stay far away from.
  • GrimSkald
    Options

Side Note:
    I got so frustrated I made a rash decision and champed Carol! (Oh darn, right :wink: )
    My Carol was at 5/5/1 this time last year. I finally scrounged up one Green cover last Fall when I pushed beyond push to get to 40 wins in a PvP I had no right playing in. Pulled two last night.. any Green? NOPE! Those two pushed her to 6 Saved Covers. I said "screw it" and traded them in. I don't play that way, it's not my style. I'm slow, I'm methodical, I'M CHEAP. But for Carol (and potentially ONLY Carol) I decided I could live with it. :smile:

//venting session completed//

I don't think that's inherently a bad decision.  Carol is a good character.  She's very, very useful - even when she's not boosted she still has great utility in laying down and buffing strike tiles, and her black still hits like a truck.  While the normal strategy would be 4 levels is better than 1 cover, if you get more utility out of the cover, I'd say it's a good decision.

If you're really solidly in 4* land, Classics may be a better decision in the long run - 1 extra pull every 4 will definitely give you a lot more covers.  Kitty is tempting though, I admit, and having 1 cover to do Kingpin's node is important.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Options
    GrimSkald said:

If you're really solidly in 4* land, Classics may be a better decision in the long run - 1 extra pull every 4 will definitely give you a lot more covers.  Kitty is tempting though, I admit, and having 1 cover to do Kingpin's node is important.

Whole-heartedly agree.
    I may not have been clear on this, my visit to Club 21 was with 21 LLTs. Classic LTs are all I have ever spent CP on .
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I won't be doing this very often since it doesn't match my hoarding style, but I do hope to cover Kitty as best I can before she rotates out, and I currently have 21 tokens, so here goes...

10 straight 4*s followed by
    Kitty red to make her 3/2/4,
    Cable yellow to give my 1/5/5 a 7th saved cover,
    then 9 more 4*s.

Bucky did reach 300 to give Captain America IW a purple cover making him 3/3/0.
    Overall kind of meh.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now 0 for 19 in Latest. This is really getting on my nerves  >:)