Alpha Wolves: our current situation

Options
Unknown
edited May 2014 in MPQ Alliances
Dear wolves, as you may have seen, lately we've been going through a lot of changes: people leaving, our alliance leader being M.I.A., changes in our alliance roster, some wanted, some unwanted. These situations, combined with the recent changes to MMR and bracketing, made us drop in the rankings, a frustrating situation since no longer than 3 weeks ago we were aiming to be a top 50 alliance.

I've been talking with another commander (celciusdj) and we agree that we don't want to let the alliance drift away. Sadly, after contacting the Customer Support we've been informed that the current alliance roster cannot be changed without a request from the creator of the alliance, and Rampage Knight isn't answering to our messages. So, to save the situation, we've come up with a plan:

- first of all, we need to address the Season 1 ending. With less than 3 days remaining, I'm going to be realistic and say that our chances to get Nick Fury's cover are very slim. We're in position #126 and we could close the gap if we push with all our strength. There's still the Heavy Metal tourney running, probably in 6 hours there will be a rerun of Krackadoom and many points could be gathered from the simulator. It's going to be a tough fight and even if we don't make it we always have to remember that it's just a single cover for an unreleased 4*. It would suck to miss it, but if we keep going strong we'd have better chances next time;

- then, the alliance. Since the changes to the roster cannot be made without Rampage, we're going to need to create a new alliance. I hope you're not scared away by this, since there are many good players among us and I'd like to keep the group united. As you should know, we'll have to gather up 19500 HP to open up the whole 20 spots, so unless one of you is very rich and very generous, it's going to take time to have the new alliance up and running. For this reason we've thought about waiting for the PvP season to end before taking this step, hoping there's a hiatus, at least a small pause, to let us reorganize. celcius and I were already thinking about the name (we suggested Alpha Wolves Elite or Alpha Wolves Reloaded), but that's a matter for another moment. Still, we're open to suggestion;

- along with the alliance problem, we have to address the problem of communication between us. The in-game chat is buggy and seriously lacking functionalities, and many of us don't visit these forums. Here we need your help: can you suggest a way to get everyone involved? Possibly cross-platform, since some of us are playing on Steam while others are on mobile. The forums could be viable, if everyone of us visited here regularly.

Hope this message could reach everyone of us. As I said, this is a great group with great potential. I hope we could keep going through this moment and become stronger than ever, but we're going to need your help. Express your concern if you want, give us your encouragement, but please PARTICIPATE. We're going to spam this thread in the in-game chat and if you notice someone that isn't aware of this, please let them know.

Comments

• Orangecrush
    Orangecrush Posts: 119
    Options
    I think the in game chat is the best option for communication long term. Everyone has it and it is always there when you play. The only drawback is there is no way to communicate with an inactive player to find out why they are inactive.

As to a new alliance, I know some people on another forum who have a single commander who bought starks salary. Everyone PayPal's the leader $5 and that is how they paid for it. There are obvious drawbacks to this, but it solves the problem of the logistics of creating 20 slots easily.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think the in game chat is the best option for communication long term. Everyone has it and it is always there when you play. The only drawback is there is no way to communicate with an inactive player to find out why they are inactive.

As to a new alliance, I know some people on another forum who have a single commander who bought starks salary. Everyone PayPal's the leader $5 and that is how they paid for it. There are obvious drawbacks to this, but it solves the problem of the logistics of creating 20 slots easily.

I haven't heard of that paypal option before, sounds like a good way to get the slots happening. But then of course you would need to start with the 20 people to begin with I guess. The inactive player problem seems to be something that cant be avoided in the forums either unfortunately.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Afaik there's character limit in the alliance name. Take it into consideration and good luck!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Afaik there's character limit in the alliance name. Take it into consideration and good luck!

Thanks for pointing it out Emeryt, but at the moment the name is the last of our problems icon_razz.gif
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow, that stinks that the creator went MIA in a 20 man alliance! That's a lot of wasted HP. Since some of the rest of you are commanders, can't you reorganize and shift players around until hopefully you only have Rampage Knight left as dead weight? 19/20 can still be a very strong alliance and seems to me to be much easier to swallow then buying all those slots for a new alliance.

Best of luck to you with whatever you decide.
  • Unknown
    Options
    chadds wrote:
    Wow, that stinks that the creator went MIA in a 20 man alliance! That's a lot of wasted HP. Since some of the rest of you are commanders, can't you reorganize and shift players around until hopefully you only have Rampage Knight left as dead weight? 19/20 can still be a very strong alliance and seems to me to be much easier to swallow then buying all those slots for a new alliance.

Best of luck to you with whatever you decide.

Had Rampage been the only under-performing commander it may have been easier but he is the only one that can request other commanders to be removed which has left us in the situation we are currently in
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kappei wrote:
    Sadly, after contacting the Customer Support we've been informed that the current alliance roster cannot be changed without a request from the creator of the alliance, and Rampage Knight isn't answering to our messages.
    That sounds like a really broken approach, the original creator could even have left the alliance months ago and deleted his account. Maybe contact them again, pointing out that players were made commander by the creator in order to be able to manage the alliance roster.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is the name 'Beta Wolves' taken? icon_e_smile.gif

But seriously: I'm happy to chime in some money for a Stark salary, and I feel I can trust someone like Kappei or CelsiusDJ to handle this. I don't have spare hero points at the moment -- sitting at 800, but my roster is full to the max and spots are 550 by now.

What I can't promise is that I will keep playing as much as in the last two weeks -- in particular the PvE events don't really seem worth the effort towards the end. Given my broad roster I can usually score most of my points easily, though -- it's that last 20% that is just too tedious and time consuming.

Regarding communication: the in-game chat isn't very nice (not much history, hard to tell where you were, for some reason the keyboard is only basic with no swype). But it's there when I play (often on commutes) and my phone doesn't have enough RAM to hold MPQ while running any other non-trivial application. It's very constrained, though. Maybe we could use Google hangouts? Or if someone knows some decent software to host I could run it on my virtual server.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Right now the events panel is empty and so is the chat window. I had that once before, but it's bad timing -- I was planning to score a few more points in Heavy Metal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow.

That's really a complicate situation for you all...
    I really hope, for the sake of Alpha wolves (or whatever other name you will suit in the future), you could have a true answer from D3P/Demiurge to fix it as soon as possible !

I'm pretty sure any alliance would like to be in your actual situation... icon_e_sad.gif

Cheers up & good luck to Alpha wolves !
  • Unknown
    Options
    On the brighter side: I got a yellow lazy Thor from the Heroic Token I got as Shield supply (after playing a story mission).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jakal wrote:
    On the brighter side: I got a yellow lazy Thor from the Heroic Token I got as Shield supply (after playing a story mission).

Lucky lucky
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jakal wrote:
    Is the name 'Beta Wolves' taken? icon_e_smile.gif

But seriously: I'm happy to chime in some money for a Stark salary, and I feel I can trust someone like Kappei or CelsiusDJ to handle this. I don't have spare hero points at the moment -- sitting at 800, but my roster is full to the max and spots are 550 by now.

What I can't promise is that I will keep playing as much as in the last two weeks -- in particular the PvE events don't really seem worth the effort towards the end. Given my broad roster I can usually score most of my points easily, though -- it's that last 20% that is just too tedious and time consuming.

Regarding communication: the in-game chat isn't very nice (not much history, hard to tell where you were, for some reason the keyboard is only basic with no swype). But it's there when I play (often on commutes) and my phone doesn't have enough RAM to hold MPQ while running any other non-trivial application. It's very constrained, though. Maybe we could use Google hangouts? Or if someone knows some decent software to host I could run it on my virtual server.

Thanks for your support, the worst spot to be in pve is just outside the highest reward like where I ended up but the extra time required to make that gap seems like alot atm. Looking forward to some pvps with daken rewards which seem more manageable. I also noticed you like to correct my spelling each time you state my name Jackal
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry CelciusDJ - I hadn't even noticed the fact there's a C in the middle. And I'd like to think of my name to be pronounced "Jah - kaal" or something like it, albeit I just made it up after trying a few other names. I think next time I let Keepass have a go, just to annoy people icon_e_smile.gif It's first proposal for 10 chars is 'z9tVVycIB7' -- someone would be trying hard to interpret that one.
  • Orangecrush
    Orangecrush Posts: 119
    Options
    If rampage were active, we wouldn't have a huge problem. I am hoping that Rampage just had some real life stuff happen and will be back soon. It would be preferable to not start a new alliance.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jakal wrote:
    It's first proposal for 10 chars is 'z9tVVycIB7' -- someone would be trying hard to interpret that one.
    Zeitwych7.
    Like Zeitgeist, but with more witches.
    And the number 7.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Can't increase my score for Season 1 to get Nick Fury because the severs are down and won't let me play.
  • Unknown
    Options
    They extended Season 1 till May 21 noon. So we have time to catch up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Now that they have extended the time for Season 1, do you guys think that it's better for us to create a new alliance and replace the inactive members? I don't have paypal but I can donate some HP (I currently have 1000).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jakal wrote:
    Sorry CelciusDJ - I hadn't even noticed the fact there's a C in the middle. And I'd like to think of my name to be pronounced "Jah - kaal" or something like it, albeit I just made it up after trying a few other names. I think next time I let Keepass have a go, just to annoy people icon_e_smile.gif It's first proposal for 10 chars is 'z9tVVycIB7' -- someone would be trying hard to interpret that one.

lol thats ok im just messing with you icon_e_wink.gif