A.I. and the use of abilities

leopoe
leopoe Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
How many times per turn is the A.I allowed to use abilities?
My past understanding was that it was one per turn.
Playing Category-5 the A.I has been using 3-4 abilities in a row and at times more. This has occurred basically every match.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    The AI can use as many abilities as it has ap for, the limitation is it can only use any given ability once per turn.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    They can use only one ability from each colour once per turn, processed from the left to right: Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Black, Team-Up.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    They can use only one ability from each colour once per turn, processed from the left to right: Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Black, Team-Up.
    Very rarely, after large cascades, I've seen the AI use two different abilities in the same color.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very rarely, after large cascades, I've seen the AI use two different abilities in the same color.
    Yeah, I've seen that happen at least a couple of times. In Wave missions where an earlier wave generated a bunch of AP they couldn't use for whatever reason, and also with certain combos of goons. Two Mindless Ones plus a Symbiote will generate enough green that sometimes they'll fire Eye Beam and Symbiote Tendrils on the same turn.
  • HoundofShadow
    That's an interesting experience. I haven't experienced that before. Wave nodes in MPQ are still buggy; even new characters like America Chavez are affected by wave nodes. The wave nodes issue is tricky.

However, I will try giving them a lot of green ap (via Ares) the next time I see the team of Mindless Ones and Symbiote. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2018
    I believe you guys. I want to experience it myself. That's all.  

I'll amend my statement to:

Generally speaking, they use only one ability from each colour once per turn, processed from the left to right: Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Black, Team-Up.

However, the AI can fire more than one ability of the same colour per turn occasionally.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Also, if the AI gets a match 5 then it gets a second turn and can fire its powers again.