Time Season ends 1 hour before s5 Storm pvp

Steve111
Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler

The timing of the Storm pvp was not adjusted after daylight savings were changed.  The season ends 1 hour *before* the slice 5 pvp. Which is going to damage my season placement.

How are you going to tie in the end of slice 5 storm pvp and the end of the season? My whole alliance will also suffer from this oversight. 

What is going to happen to put this right?

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    It won’t.  This happened last year with DST and was asked earlier this week.  Nobody answered.  Total media black out.  So nothing will be done.  You just deal with it and make sure you don’t play the last hour cause it won’t matter.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same procedure as every year.

I guess they couldn't find a way to spin "it's not worth our resources to try to come up with a fix, so deal with it" in a positive light, so they chose radio silence.
    As usual.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    It won’t.  This happened last year with DST and was asked earlier this week.  Nobody answered.  Total media black out.  So nothing will be done.  You just deal with it and make sure you don’t play the last hour cause it won’t matter.  
    So, what? Your score an hour before the event ends rolls into your season score?

Or if we're playing slice 5, we basically lose an entire event's score from our season score?
  • The rockett
    Any score that you get after the season end doesn’t count.  This is what happened the last time and the time before that and the time before that and...........   maybe they will fix this next time.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    What compensation did they give the players affected by the DST previously?
  • The rockett
    A pat on the head and a “Go tiger”.  
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    aren't devs and / or management bothered by threads like these? 
    or they just don't care anymore? 
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    ammenell said:
    I think you probably know the answer to that question.......it appears no, they really dont...
  • The rockett
    ammenell said:
    They are on Discord not here.  Only here to post events and stuff.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    That's sad. I thought they would compensate by those group of players giving some HP or ISO-8 like they have been doing for the past few rounds, even though it won't change the fact that some players will lose more than just a couple hundred iso-8 or HP. A few hundred to 1000+ points can be placement-changing. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the team, and they confirmed that the event duration should have been the same as usual. So even though the event ends an hour earlier than the usual time, I presume that the event started an hour earlier as well, which means the full duration was retained. Was that not the case?
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    @Brigby , what you are saying is essentially correct, but is not the problem being discussed.  The PvP event was still the correct duration, as was the duration of the season.  The issue at hand though is that the PvP event started at it's normal time, while the season ended an hour earlier than normal seasons, by the time shown on the clock in the US.  This was set up when the event start times, after the time change, were set back to their normal start times, again by the clocks in the US.  The effect was seeing the season end one hour prior to the PvP event ending, affecting primarily players in the last time slice, discounting any points they may have gained in that last hour as far as season scores are concerned.
  • The rockett
    Yes what Beast said.  That’s why people were trying to bring attention to this before the event started.  So the last hour of Storm PVP didn’t count for any season ranks because the season was over.  They should end at the same time but didn’t due to time change, which moved the season end time UP 1 hour from 3am ET to 2am EST while Storm ended at 3am EST. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited November 2018
    Beast1970 said:
    Brigby , what you are saying is essentially correct, but is not the problem being discussed.  The PvP event was still the correct duration, as was the duration of the season.  The issue at hand though is that the PvP event started at it's normal time, while the season ended an hour earlier than normal seasons, by the time shown on the clock in the US.  This was set up when the event start times, after the time change, were set back to their normal start times, again by the clocks in the US.  The effect was seeing the season end one hour prior to the PvP event ending, affecting primarily players in the last time slice, discounting any points they may have gained in that last hour as far as season scores are concerned.
    Thanks for clarifying that point for me! I've passed that along to the team for review.