Removal of Inactive Coalitions (11/14/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2018 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Coalitions in MtGPQ have this special way of bringing players closer together via teamwork and camaraderie, and through this bond, bring that extra layer of excitement and interest to the game. With that in mind, it's only natural that we want players to have an easy time finding a Coalition to join. We've been hearing reports lately of players having a difficult time searching for active Coalitions, so we want to make sure that the Coalition Search feature is as efficient and effective as possible.

Starting on 11/21/18, we will begin a process of disbanding all inactive Coalitions in an effort to make all active, public Coalitions more visible in random searches. An "inactive Coalition" is comprised of members who have all been inactive for 30+ days. We will start this process by looking at Coalitions with only one member in it and verify whether or not they have been recently active, then move our way up to larger Coalitions. We will continue this process daily until we have successfully disbanded every inactive Coalition.

This process will take a few days, but we decided to do this slowly, so as to avoid requiring server maintenance and/or disrupting anyone's play during this process.

We appreciate your support and patience, and we look forward to seeing more active Coalitions in the Multiverse!

Comments

• HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can you define what "inactive" means in this context please?  Inactive from not participating in coalition events, events in general (coalition or not), or what?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    HomeRn said:
    Can you define what "inactive" means in this context please?  Inactive from not participating in coalition events, events in general (coalition or not), or what?
    Inactive means they have not logged into the game at all
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for listening!!

Not only is this something that we asked for, you posted the notice in the in-game inbox before you even put it on the forums.  If not for all the bugs I'd be really really happy with the state of the game right now (Instead I'm just very happy)
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for this! I remember the discussion that might have influenced this a while ago.. The solution sounds good (and like a lot of work when you're doing it manually), seems to take our ideas into account and will have a great positive impact on the experience of new players!
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like this :)
  • superricagoku
    superricagoku Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is in this post because of how old it is or if I should open a new one, but I will still expose my idea.

I have searched the forum on the subject but I have not been able to find something similar and if there is I apologize.

I have been playing this great game for a couple of months and I have been in 3 or 5 coalitions of which at most only 3 members are active.
    My intention is to try to help and give an idea that the game becomes more friendly when looking for coalitions.
    An idea that I have had in mind would be that players who are in coalitions and do not participate in coalition events lower their score to 0 (zero).
    When a coalition is at zero and passes a period of time to zero remove it or put it in an inactive state (no coalition player is active), it is like an option when searching if someone wants to see the inactive coalitions.
    I mention this because there are many coalitions that have high scores and their members are inactive, why keep them with those high scores?
    This will help those who are active always attend coalition events.
    Kind regards
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback and for the time you took to share your ideas with us. I'll pass them on to the team so we can think of a solution for this!
    Rebeca