How can I win against this team?

Jacknife
Jacknife Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
Medusa+Rocket&Groot+Gamora

Its very hard to beat this team at high points. Can you advice me a team against to this team?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are a number of ways, but it depends on who you have available. They are pretty much all 4*, so if you're a high-level 3* player who's starting to stumble into them, I'm not sure what you can do.
    Anyhow.
    • Thing is great here. One match against either of his teammates and he'll throw down some Protects burly enough to hold off the Strikes until you can get rid of them.
    • Bringing your own Medusa can help immensely, especially if you can pair her with someone who will quickly make special tiles for you so you can get her healing going early on.
    • C4rol paired with X-Force Deadpool, Red Hulk, or 3* Hulk will get a ton of quick countdowns going, and if you can also bring in some way to get some quick specials of your own, she'll have them boosted to ridiculous levels in no time.
    • Kraven and Dazzler were both pretty much made to take on Grockamoradusa.
    I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple more I'm forgetting, but hopefully this at least gave you some ideas.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Carol, red hulk, and 4* rocket and groot are the best team I’ve found (from who I have champed anyways). Just make sure Red Hulk stays out front.
    You’ll have to heal him, but only him, every 1-2 matches, but that’s better than most other teams and can be worth some high point grockamoradusas, especially if that’s all you can find.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoyed thing carol and antman. Go hard for blue so antman can steal the strikes. Thing throws out his protects and if you happen to get antman yellow out it's a game ender when the countdowns resolve.
  • Jacknife
    Hımm. Thank you, fellas. Seems I need improve my roster more.
  • nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    This is the 4* meta.  Any 5* team can crush this team.  in 4*, good alternative is 4thing+4xfdp+4kraven. add rogue also can do it.  3*, forget about it.  Also 4kraven+4rg+4gam also works but kraven must survive 1st 2 rounds.  after that strike tiles do 1 dmg.  Sometimes this doesn't work due to cascade.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    nippy said:
    This is the 4* meta.  Any 5* team can crush this team. 
    People with 5-star teams don't even see Grocket/Gamora/Medusa.
  • Jacknife
    I play with Okoye 1/1/1 and Valykrie and IM40. I finish matches in a minute and with full health. Surely I use boost.
    after 15 team-up I hit 35.000 dmg around by Valykrie. If I act fast against to this team eveything is okey but problem are yellow tiles are being marked by Valykrie because I get big dmg. So there is not any basic yellow tile on board. At same time I cant collect red and team-ups. After a while I loose Okoye.
    Some matches I can win by America Chavez+Okoye+Valykrie if I early match up strikes. If Im lucky.:)
    I need to go up lvl Okoye for surviving.
  • Jacknife
    For my roster... Guild: MarvelManiacs Nick:Jacknife04
  • Spyder
    Spyder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I personally use Hulk 3, Daken 3, and Carol 4 all champed. Hulk will take most if not all damage. Make only green matches and have your Carol 4 at 5/5/3, Daken 3 at 5/5/3, and Hulk 3 5/3/5. Typically within 2-3 matches, you've won. It will cost health packs to keep it going, but that team works stupid well for me.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Be careful--level up Okoye too much and the teams you'll be facing will be MUCH stronger. My advice: don't start leveling any 5* characters until you're ready to jump to the 5* melee. I made this mistake with my first 5* character when I had only a few champed 4*, so I speak from experience. I couldn't play PvP for months, the only teams it gave me to fight were way stronger than any I could make.

I also agree with everyone else, and thanks to @Dormammu who in a much earlier post in a similar thread laid out the "RHulk Bomb" team mentioned above. Before I had RHulk and Carol champed, I went up against R&G, Gamora, and Medusa with the exact same team. Target the opponent's Medusa first, try to preserve your strike tiles and eat theirs, while at the same time collecting blue for the stun. Target Gamora second, Rocket last.
  • Jacknife
    Thanks for great advices.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    The fact that you're asking about this team now tells me you're likely a recent 4-star transition, @Jacknife because Grocket/Gamora/Medusa has been the dominant meta team in the SHIELD Sim for quite a while now (years). They are a problem for most people as they enter the 4-star tier because there's nothing like them in the tiers below and their hard counters are very specific (as you've already figured out from the posts above).

If my assumptions are correct, the SKIP button is going to be your friend for a while. They are a hard team to deal with because their damage comes right away and doesn't give you any time to set-up against them. By the time you get enough AP to deal with them, your team is decimated and you're swallowing health packs like candy. It doesn't help that they're everywhere in the Sim, either, at the 4-star level. So you need to do what you can to get covers for their hard counters ASAP.

• Thing is great here. One match against either of his teammates and he'll throw down some Protects burly enough to hold off the Strikes until you can get rid of them.
    • Kraven and Dazzler were both pretty much made to take on Grockamoradusa.

This is the fastest way to go if you don't have Carol/Grocket/Rhulk, because Thing or Kraven can counter them all by themselves passively. If you can get either of these guys fully-covered, make it a priority. Setting one or the other as your 4-star Bonus Hero may be wise (not sure what your roster looks like).
    4* Carol, red hulk, and 4* rocket and groot are the best team I’ve found (from who I have champed anyways). Just make sure Red Hulk stays out front.
    This team is the most reliable counter, no matter what anyone else tells you. Other teams can work, but this one works the best. Again, they do all the work for you passively so the strategy starts cooking right away and usually the match is over within 4-5 turns tops. Thing and Kraven can break down because they don't have much offense to speak of and matches may drag out. But with Carol/Grocket/Rhulk you're countering with offense and basically doubling-down on the strategy of your opponents.
    I'm a little late to the party, @Dormammu, but answers like this -- thoroughly helpful and positive, careful, and not at all condescending -- are the best of this forum. I can't tell you how much answers like this, which take real effort and time to write, have helped me progress in the game.

Great job building this community and making it better.