Daylight savings vs. End of pvp season. Fight!

Kahmon
Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
Apologies if this has been brought up in another thread, and kudos if it is already planned for.

I noticed last night that the pvp season is scheduled to end at 11pm PST this Sunday. The last slice of the pvp event starting Thursday would typically end at midnight. I'm sure you see the problem here.

Possible solutions:
Start slice 5 one hour earlier.
If the slices are spaced for a reason, start the whole event one hour earlier.
Or just ignore it since it only effects player in slice 5 who wait until the end.

Regardless of what happens here, my suggestion to the developers is that next year, start the season overlapping daylight savings time 1 hour later.

Sping is not an issue. It just gives players an extra hour in the Simulator to jockey for position.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    One hopes they adjust the start time of the last pvp to have its end coordinate with the season end.
    @Brigby   Can you please check with the developers to verify that they have a plan to avoid issues with the PvP and Season end times?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Too late now. The Time Season will be ending 1 hour before slice 5 of Category 5.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey look at that.  We didn’t get any answer on this.  Maybe it will be fixed for next year.... 
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Did not discovered this early enough. Season finished, I was less than 400pts away from the 10 pack.
    Played my last hour inside Storm versus event and made the job and missed one single retaliation inside sim to beat that 4k line.
    :'(:'(:'(:'(
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Coubii said:
    Did not discovered this early enough. Season finished, I was less than 400pts away from the 10 pack.
    Played my last hour inside Storm versus event and made the job and missed one single retaliation inside sim to beat that 4k line.
    :'(:'(:'(:'(
    Wow.  That is terrible. Just imagine that if they would have responded to
    this thread that started a week ago and they could have fixed it or warned players about it.