Flaptain vs Captain Marvel

Options
2»

Comments

• cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Read this board before trying, and got worried enough to level Sam to 172 (2/1/5). It was easy. Used both kinds of red/yellow boosts and only got hit by her black power once before yellow->red dead, 5k health left

The board was pretty good. Had all the yellow I needed after 5 turns, and red a few turns after that.
  • Rosraf
    Rosraf Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bleh, I took 8 tries. With a good board, pretty easy. Bad board, difficult.  Wound up re-assigning a support (chimichanga) to help gather ref faster and fortify special tiles. Keeping a few boosted shields fortified along with the donated strike tile helped.  I agree with not firing yellow until you have red ready to go. Otherwise, you are just donating cascades. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Third try for my 209 5/4/4 Flapperooni. I got close the first two attempts - I had her below 1,000 health both times. The second time I cursed like a sailor after I miscounted the protect tiles - I left her with less than 500 health after doing yellow->red. She promptly took me down with her red (the energy absorption gave her enough red).

The third try was the charm though, and I managed to send her into the great beyond. My reward made it all worth it, as I received a champ level for 4clops, PLUS a bonus red cover for America Chavez, bringing her up to 4/5/4 (with two saved covers). Hooray!!
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    lvl 192 4/1/4 even with boosts its not possible.
    If I could somehow live long enough to get 28 red for two dives I could maybe do it. Oh well another one skipped.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Almost gave up on my 5/1/3 lvl 192 Flaptain. I knew what I needed to I just kept running out of time. Was finally able to get 28 Red AP with enough health to be alive to run a yellow->red->red for the win. Token was a blue Vulture to get me to 2/3/4 on him.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Flaptain is champed and I downed her on my first try with a single Dive Bomb, but I do recall this being tedious before I had him leveled and fully covered. Back then I absolutely had to rely on boosts to get Dive Bomb off twice, combined with boosted match damage, good boards, and some lucky match-5s.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    KenshinUK said:
    If I could somehow live long enough to get 28 red for two dives I could maybe do it. Oh well another one skipped.
    Keep trying. Someone in Reddit managed to do it: “2/1/4 Falcon. Ran Red/Yellow AP boost, All AP boost, and then 50% match Red/Yellow. Took me 2 tries. Saved enough AP to shoot yellow and red on the same turn, and it was a one shot from wherever she was at, I believe around 8k. Only really tried to deny black it hits hard and the stun seemed like it could allow her to pick up red/yellow from you.”
    Finally did it. 3 previous attempts I managed to yellow + red but it was never enough. Totally forgot about match damage boost, stupidly, so used that this time with red/yellow ap boost. Got a match5 on blue which did a nice bit of additional damage then yellow+red combo did the trick.

LT was a black kingpin cover.
  • Barbarizenow
    Barbarizenow Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    KenshinUK said:
    The stats for mine are the same and I was able beat her. I used all around damage boost plus bonus red/yellow ap boost and all colors ap boost. She had me down to around 3k hit points before I hit her for 9k+hit points using his yellow power followed immediately by his red power. That was enough to finish her off.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My 4/2/5 Flaptain cleared it on the 3rd try:

First try--level 150, no boosts, no supports: like many others, fired yellow too early and paid dearly.
    Second try--level 160, no boosts, no supports: focused on denying red, but she got too many lucky tile arrangements
    Third try--level 170, no boosts, no supports: denied every red match I could. Once she fired black, had to be careful with my blue matches to keep the strike tile from going over the limit & triggering her yellow. Then I had enough to fire my red but not my yellow. Only had a few hundred health left so let it fly. It got her down to a few hundred but her yellow passive took that damage and generated enough red for her to do me in next turn. Thankfully one match including the bonus strike tile damage and I finished her off, with only a few hundred health to spare...

One more LT bringing my mini-hoard to 36.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had to level Flappy to 199 5/4/4 but got it done on 3rd try. Horrible Crash.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KenshinUK said:
    The stats for mine are the same and I was able beat her. I used all around damage boost plus bonus red/yellow ap boost and all colors ap boost. She had me down to around 3k hit points before I hit her for 9k+hit points using his yellow power followed immediately by his red power. That was enough to finish her off.

Yeah, I Think the first time this ran my Sam was 5/1/3 or something like that and I was able to win by the skin of my teeth. It's definitely a good idea to use AP boosts so you can nuke her sooner, not sure about general damage boosts since they increase the probability of triggering her passive...

I really wish they would change the opponent to 2* Captain Marvel.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My flaptian is 280 something, all it takes is one yellow and one dive bomb.