**** Domino (X-Force) ****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, X-Men
greentilepng  blacktilepng

"Everything usually works out for Domino. This mutant mercenary subconsciously alters probabilities in the world around her, so luck is literally always in her favor.

Luck aside, Domino is also a world-class marksman and hand-to-hand combatant. She feels right at home on the elite X-Force strike team, lending her skills to the continued defense of mutantkind."

(Abilities, Match Damage, and Health listed at level 270)
12,212 Health
greentilepng 85 |  74 | blacktilepng 65 |  43 |purpletilepng 13 | yellowtilepng 12 | bluetilepng 11 |  3.5x

Enter the Fray - 7 greentilepng AP
Domino throws herself recklessly into battle, drawing enemy gunfire that will inevitably hit the wrong target and leave her unharmed. Destroys 6 random non-Black basic tiles. (Does not generate AP.)
  • Level 2: Destroys 8 random non-Black basic tiles.
  • Level 3: Destroys 9 random non-Black basic tiles.
  • Level 4: Destroys 12 random non-Black basic tiles.
  • Level 5: Destroys 15 random non-Black basic tiles.
Knock Them Down - 9  AP
When luck creates an opening, Domino uses her skills to reap the rewards. Destroys half of the Black tiles on the board, dealing 285 damage for each tile destroyed. (Does not generate AP.)
  • Level 2: ...dealing 434 damage for each tile destroyed.
  • Level 3: ...dealing 582 damage for each tile destroyed.
  • Level 4: ...dealing 880 damage for each tile destroyed.
  • Level 5: ...dealing 1474 damage for each tile destroyed.
Not Just Luck blacktilepng Passive
Everything's coming up Domino. While Domino's in the fight, every new tile dropped from the top of the board during your turn has a 50% higher chance of being a Black tile.
  • Level 2: ...has a 65% higher chance of being a Black tile.
  • Level 3: ...has a 75% higher chance of being a Black tile.
  • Level 4: ...has a 85% higher chance of being a Black tile.
  • Level 5: ...has a 100% higher chance of being a Black tile.
What do you think is Domino's best build? Vote down below!

**** Domino (X-Force) **** 10 votes

5/5/3
40%
PongieLLohmDoragonabenness 4 votes
5/4/4
0%
5/3/5
10%
qandols 1 vote
4/5/4
20%
ThanosPtahhotep 2 votes
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
30%
PuceMooseironsmudgiethechairman 3 votes

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 is better for Cascades, 3/5/5 is better for damage. Really depends on your team.

5/3/5 would be great with Nightcrawler and maybe Professor X, but it does depend on what the strongest color is.

3/5/5 with C&D maybe?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got my 13th Domino, but i'm iso-poor so she isn't champed. I was running her with boosted Vulture anyway, and that black drop is really effective for keeping him in the air. I'm really looking forward to paying her down and champing her. I can't quite tell if her black drop passive keeps working after she's downed though - it kind of seems like it does, even though i believe it probably isn't supposed to.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just got my 13th Domino, but i'm iso-poor so she isn't champed. I was running her with boosted Vulture anyway, and that black drop is really effective for keeping him in the air. I'm really looking forward to paying her down and champing her. I can't quite tell if her black drop passive keeps working after she's downed though - it kind of seems like it does, even though i believe it probably isn't supposed to.
    Yeah without some indication on the Black tiles that wouldn't have been Black except for her ability, it's really hard to say. Presumably it also turns off when she's stunned, like pretty much every other passive.

I'd say its very unlikely that it continues to function when she's downed, but it will pretty much be impossible to tell for players with the sample sizes we have access to because it's possible to get a ton of black at any time, whether she's in play or not.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just champed her today, and she works well with 5-star Widow.  I've got her at 5/3/5, to maximize the board shake and get black AP for Widow's ability. 

In 4-star/3-star realm, 3-star Iron Fist and Vulture are incredible with her.  You will never run out of black.  Iron Fist's purple makes black or deals lots of damage.  Vulture's black powers up Domino's green, which gives even more black cascades.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    I champed her a couple of weeks ago, and gave her a spin in my favorite early sim team (all 4 stars): Carol, Wasp, Mockingbird. I swapped Mockingbird out for Domino, and the results were pretty good. I have Domino built 4/5/4, and Carol and Wasp always had enough black lying around to use their powers. Unfortunately, Domino's red rarely did as much damage as Mockingbird's, and the fact Mockingbird's damage is tied to a countdown meant it also let Carol boost tiles when it resolved. Still, For this team, Domino's a good second when the 'bird is on the bench to heal.
  • TheOne
    TheOne Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I don't have the ISO to champ her yet. When her black power is at 5, is every gem black? Even at 85% it seems not to produce enough black. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    it's not, and it's not that 85% of incoming tiles are black. It's that each tile has an 85% chance to be black. So sometimes that will take the form of a mega black board, othertimes it seems like it's doing nothing. She responds well to board shake teams, teams that like match-4s/5s, etc. I like her boosted with GE Doom and Profe$$or X, that has been a good clear team in SCL 10 Cosmic Chaos.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    She is fun with Cloak and Dagger and Doom Eternal, you will maximize black generation for Doom's attack, clear huge portions of the board with her green to get more cascade energy and have plenty of attack tiles once you cap out black from Cloak and Dagger.  Not meta by any stretch but a lot of fun.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    it's not, and it's not that 85% of incoming tiles are black. It's that each tile has an 85% chance to be black. So sometimes that will take the form of a mega black board, othertimes it seems like it's doing nothing. She responds well to board shake teams, teams that like match-4s/5s, etc. I like her boosted with GE Doom and Profe$$or X, that has been a good clear team in SCL 10 Cosmic Chaos.
    It's more like "Each tile has an 85% greater chance to be black than normal" and not "each tile has an 85% chance to be black."  Otherwise, at Level 5, when it's 100% chance, you would get nothing but black tiles on the board and go Winfinite.

To make the math easier, let's say there are 10 tile colors, and each one has a 10% chance to show up.  Domino's ability would make the black tile 85% more likely to show up, so the black one would now have an 18.5% chance to show up.  Presumably, that extra 8.5% would come equally from the other nine tile colors, so each of them would now show up roughly 9% of the time.  (10 - 8.5/9)