Rising Tensions

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2018 in Event Details

"The friction between the guilds of Ravnica has never been more palpable. An absent Guildpact has given rise to new guild leaders with unknown agendas. On this critical moment, each guild must gather informations and seek for possible allies.

You must unlock the nodes by beating the previous one at least once. Your Planeswalkers will be attached to their current nodes, so you can play with any Planeswalker that shares at least one color with the node's colors.

Special Rules: Everyday a different guild support will benefit both players in all nodes. The special supports are:
  • manawhitepngmanaredpng Boros Legion: All creatures gain Mentor.
  • manabluepngmanablackpng House Dimir: Whenever you cast a support, Surveil 2, then draw a card.
  • manabluepngmanaredpng Izzet League: Whenever a player cast a non-copy spell, copy that spell. It gains half of its mana.
  • manablackpngmanagreenpng Golgari Swarm: Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield, it gets +X/+X where X is the number of create cards in its controller's graveyard, up to 5.
  • manawhitepngmanagreenpng Selesnya Conclave: At the beginning of each player's turn, the cost of the first card in their hand is reduced by X until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures and creature reinforcements that player controls.

----------
Event Type: PvP
Deck Restrictions: Standard
Rewards: Progression
Entry Cost: 20 Mana Crystals
# of Nodes: 4
Initial Charges: 1
Max Charges per Node: 4
Recharge Time: 2 hours

Objectives

• manawhitepng Boros Legion manaredpng
    • Objectives
      • Win The Fight!
        • Win the fight against your opponent!
        • Reward: 200 Mana Runes, +5 Personal Score
      • Mightstone
        • Cast 3 or more creatures with power 6 or more.
      • Weakstone
        • Cast 3 or more creatures with power 3 or less.
  • manabluepng House Dimir manablackpng
    • Objectives
      • Win The Fight!
      • Gadgeteer
        • Cast 4 or more supports with cost 8 or less.
      • Speed
        • Win the fight within 10 rounds.
  • manabluepng Izzet League manaredpng
    • Objectives
      • Win The Fight!
      • Grimoire
        • Cast 3 or more Spells during a single turn.
      • Magician
        • Cast 5 Spells with cost 8 or less.
  • manablackpng Golgari Swarm managreenpng
    • Objectives
      • Win The Fight!
      • Sacrifice
        • Lose 3 or more creatures during a single fight.
      • Meek
        • Cast 4 or more creatures with toughness 3 or less.
  • manawhitepng Selesnya Conclave managreenpng
    • Objectives
      • Win The Fight!
        • Reward: 100 Mana Runes, +5 Personal Score
      • Veteran
        • Cast 2 or more creatures with cost 15 or more.
      • Call To Arms
        • Create 6 or more Creature Tokens during a single fight.

Comments

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2018
    Will all 4 nodes have the same objectives on a given day?
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    What are the progression rewards
  • Nighteyes5678
    Nighteyes5678 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Can you comment on why we're required to play the guilds in order? The "Across" event sort of had the thematic element that we were traveling, but the guilds don't have that flavor. To be honest, I played "Across" extensively and having to play them in order basically meant that the event felt short. I rarely got to play the later events before I prize'd out and stopped playing.

It would be great if the order either shuffled, or just let us play which ever node we wanted in whatever order we wanted. 

This also rewards/penalizes players unequally depending on what good Guild cards they randomly draw, and will hurt new players more than higher tier players.

Unless there's reasoning that I'm not seeing?
  • stikxs
    Can you comment on why we're required to play the guilds in order? The "Across" event sort of had the thematic element that we were traveling, but the guilds don't have that flavor. To be honest, I played "Across" extensively and having to play them in order basically meant that the event felt short. I rarely got to play the later events before I prize'd out and stopped playing.

It would be great if the order either shuffled, or just let us play which ever node we wanted in whatever order we wanted. 

This also rewards/penalizes players unequally depending on what good Guild cards they randomly draw, and will hurt new players more than higher tier players.

Unless there's reasoning that I'm not seeing?
    Pretty sure it's 1 guild/day, not 1 guild/node that you would have to progress through. You can't fit 5 guilds in 4 nodes if they did it that way. Or they did make it that way and one guild isn't represented each day but that seems to make very little sense.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello Across Ravnica :)
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why does Dimir have a win in 10 turns or less objective?  They are by far the slowest guild in this set.
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    stikxs said:
    Pretty sure it's 1 guild/day, not 1 guild/node that you would have to progress through. You can't fit 5 guilds in 4 nodes if they did it that way. Or they did make it that way and one guild isn't represented each day but that seems to make very little sense.
    They can, if the 5th guild of the day is the one that provides the Special Rules Indestructible Support.  
    One guild will give the flavor, and you face the other 4 in the day's nodes.  
    From the "3.0 Pre-Release Notes" thread:
    "Everyday a special event support associated with a Guild will affect all the nodes. The Guild is represented both by the event subtitle, the background during the node selection screen, and by the special support. Also, that guild's color combination will not be present on the available nodes during that Guild's day, as its presence is represented by the rules applied to all nodes.

• stikxs
    Yea Brigby clarified in that thread that one guild isn't represented in the nodes each day (Guild of the Day). So the nodes get their objectives from whatever guild they are, while the GotD puts it's own support in each match.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    I think the idea is that you play as one guild against the others?  The odd part of this is you can't play with the cards from those guilds in some nodes without some creative planeswalker selections.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I think the idea is that you play as one guild against the others?  The odd part of this is you can't play with the cards from those guilds in some nodes without some creative planeswalker selections.
    I think it might be the reverse actually. You play as the other 4 guilds, and the remaining guild is defending against your attacks. That one guild's Support in each node represents the 4 guilds fighting on their turf.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    As mentioned in the release notes section:  Really nicely done with this event!  It will keep each node on each day interesting and encourage people to learn to build to shifting objectives.
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Just want to pitch in with another kudos on this event. I feel that the reward amount is right on the nail, the objectives are fun, the incentives to continue the nodes are solid and the event is overall exactly what it should be for a daily event. SO much better than AI. Keep it up!