Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

How many saved covers do you have?

StraycatStraycat Posts: 807 Critical Contributor
How has cover saving been treating you? Have you done a 3-1 or 5-1 swap? Whats the most saved covers you had for a single character? Any rng horror stories where you end up with more saved covers than usable covers?

I went thru my roster and I have 3 5*s with a single saved cover that will probably stay that way forever. I have 4 saved for Okoye that I will swap when I get another cover to champ her.
My worst covered is Dazzler who already has 1 saved at only 6 covers. My most saved covers is 2* cap with 7.

Comments

• Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fun topic!

3* all my dupes are champed so none
    4* all characters except Domino are champed so none

2* I keep one at level 15 and collect covers until they hit 50, champ, sell and reroster. So currently 272 saved. 

5*:
    Archangel 5/4/4 +2
    Daredevil 5/4/4 +1
    Green Goblin 5/3/5 +1
    Jessica Jones 4/4/5 +4
    Okoye 4/5/4 +1
    Thor 5/5/3 +2
    Captain America (IW) 2/5/5 +1

So as of this excact moment, 272 2s and 12 5s. 284!
  • shardwickshardwick Posts: 913 Critical Contributor
    11 saved covers for my 2* Wolvie, for my 3s I have 21 saved for my dupe of Cap, like nine saved covers for my 4* Thor and one saved cover for 5* Loki.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 1,458 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* I have a 6/1/0 Daredevil, who like yours will probably be that way forever.
        I have a 6/3/2 Ghost Rider who might actually get champed. It's going to take about 60 covers for 4* ghost rider to feed him into champ status, though he is currently my only 5* bh. I could see myself doing the 3:1 swap on him, or waiting the 10 more covers to get the next usable one.

4* Most of my unchamped 4* characters have at least one saved. I have several with 6 saved covers. My most saved covers was on W4sp with 7 coming out of that movie event, but I've since champed her.

3* I just have 1 saved on my dupe Strang3, who is waiting on iso to re-champ.

2*s i think my record was 10 when I was re-building my farm. Wasn't on purpose, just worked out that way.
  • St1nkf1stSt1nkf1st Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    I stopped champing my 3* dupes as cover saving was introduced. So I have quite a number of them with over 20 saved covers.
  • Tony_FootTony_Foot Posts: 649 Critical Contributor
    Prior to the anniversary I had almost 170 4* covers saved. Down to about 70 now as I work through champing them. So grateful for that system.
  • Pr0spect0rPr0spect0r Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Most I saved for a single character was 50
  • YepyepYepyep Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    5* 6 saved for 3 characters
    4* 123 for 27 
    3* 137 for 17
    2* 50 for 4

• St_BernadusSt_Bernadus Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited November 5
    I just champed Elektra and Wiccan both with 10 saved, but right now my 4-star saved covers totals 86 (with 18 more 4-stars I can champ as soon as I have all the iso).
  • gravelgravel Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Here's my horror story for you.  I have 12 saved Okoye covers for my 5/5/2 Okoye.  I didn't actually pull the red covers either, they were from latest swaps before they ended that in favor of the new system.  When they announced Shuri as the feeder, I think I needed 42-ish covers to get her to 320 to get the last Okoye cover.  I need 2 more Shuri covers now, and while I've seen some more Okoye covers come in, none have been red.

As a sidenote, I also hoarded some LTs waiting for Wasp to leave latest (she is champed, naturally her covers came in perfectly without the need to save a cover).  36 LTs, probably ended up opening 2 or 3 more with champ rewards, and 4-5 classics.  I did not pull a single Shuri cover.  I did not get a single bonus hero.  Shuri still sits at 318, and Okoye sits at 435. 
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,408 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 5
    504 total currently.

I've never traded and don't intend to, it's a bad deal.

My strat:
    2*s I have a duplicate of every character (yes even bagman) and I save up to 50 saved covers then champ and immediately sell and restart.
    3*s Create a dup and save covers.  Haven't determined when I'll start champing them, probably when I either need a boost of resources or once I get to the first 4* cover.. 
    4*s I'm trying not to champ 4*s unless I have to at this point, so I generally have a few building covers.  10 covers will be my champ point, or when they come up in CoT or SHIELD Training.
    5*s As soon as I can champ I will, these are just to save them from dying on the vine.

Format:
    Name 1 | Name 2 | Cover 1 | Cover 2 | Cover 3 | Level | Saved Covers

2*s (412 total):
    Ares Dark Avengers 5 5 3 15 40
    Black Widow Orginal 3 5 5 15 0
    Bullseye Dark Avengers 3 5 5 15 45
    Captain America Steve Rogers 5 3 5 15 3
    Captain Marvel Ms. Marvel 3 5 5 15 44
    Daken Dark Avengers 4 5 4 15 3
    Hawkeye Modern 3 5 5 15 42
    Human Torch Johnny Storm 5 3 5 15 49
    Magneto Marvel NOW! 3 5 5 15 28
    Moonstone Dark Avengers 4 5 4 15 42
    Spider-Man Bag Man 5 3 5 15 10
    Storm Classic 5 4 4 15 45
    Thor Marvel NOW! 3 5 5 15 46
    Wolverine Astonishing X-Men 3 5 5 15 15

3*s (92 total):
    The Hood Classic 5 5 3 40 17
    Hawkeye Hawkguy 5 3 5 40 16
    Doctor Doom Classic 3 5 5 40 15
    Sentry Dark Avengers 5 4 4 40 12
    She-Hulk Modern 4 4 5 40 11
    Squirrel Girl Unbeatable 5 3 5 40 10
    Thanos Modern 4 4 5 40 5
    Star-Lord Peter Quill 5 5 3 40 5
    The Punisher Dark Reign 5 5 3 40 1

4*s (13 total):
    Spider-Man Infinity War 5 5 3 209 7
    Emma Frost Astonishing X-Men 5 3 5 213 4
    Dazzler Classic 4 3 5 209 2

5*s (2 total):
    Black Widow Natasha Romanoff 3 2 5 255 1
    Jean Grey Phoenix 5 5 2 255 1
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not counting 2*s, 17. One 5* and 16 4*s.
  • dramatistdramatist Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    With 2*s I’m doing the save 50 and re-maxchamp thing. 

3*s 2 saved total

4*s 0 saved total

Where I have the worst luck is 5*s. 
    5*s 17 saved covers. 
    Hawkeye - 4
    Old Man Logan - 3
    Captain America First Avenger - 2
    Starlord - 2
    Phoenix- 2
    Okoye - 1
    Silver Surfer - 1
    Captain America Infinity War - 1
    Black Widow- 1

I actually drew a red OML last week to give him cover 13 so I’m waiting for Iso to champ him unless I get lucky with Okoye very soon. 
  • JackTenrecJackTenrec Posts: 687 Critical Contributor
    I managed to get 10 on 2* Daken with 12 covers, and just replicated that streak with 2* Magneto.
  • DFiPLDFiPL Posts: 2,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hardly any, because my 4* are all champions except Domino, who's a nice, even, 2/2/3.

Virtually all of my saves have been at the 2* level, until I'm ready to replant a member of the farm.

I do have two saves on 5* Loki and one apiece on Wasp and Jean Grey, but that's it above 2* right now.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Each 4-star that isn't champed and has 13 covers averages between 4 and 7 before they move up to the 270 crown. I've made it my mission, however, that I'm leveling up my lower level 4-stars to be at 209 if they have the covers so the damn SHIELD Level events I'll get all the covers of a new character I can upon release. The amount of 4-star covers I get on others might increase in coming weeks (as I don't hoard any LTs), as I have a few 94 level 4-stars to slowly climb the ISO mountain. I've got several 3-stars who were recently sold who just keep collecting covers at 40, until the next 3-star reaches max champ and the max champ gets sold for the ISO and HP to add another roster slot. Right now, my 3-star Cyclops is sitting at 13 covers, just waiting for Kamala or StarLord to reach their final 2-3 covers before I'll dump the 109,000 in him to bring him closer to champ. 
  • helix72helix72 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I have 22 saved covers for Devil Dinosaur. I'm afraid to champ him because he'd automatically become my highest leveled 4*, and I don't want him messing up my match-making. A 292 Devil Dino is a lot different than a 292 Carol.

Is my fear legit or can I champ him and not be scared?
  • YepyepYepyep Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    helix72 said:
    I have 22 saved covers for Devil Dinosaur. I'm afraid to champ him because he'd automatically become my highest leveled 4*, and I don't want him messing up my match-making. A 292 Devil Dino is a lot different than a 292 Carol.

Is my fear legit or can I champ him and not be scared?
    A 292 DD is useless... But I can't comment on the scaling issue because I have no idea about that...