The Journey to Collect Every Marvel Puzzle Quest Comic Cover! (11/2/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

We all have our hobbies. Some people like to dance or sing. Others may enjoy things like photography or painting. When it comes to Andrew Suggs's hobby though, what he enjoys most...is collecting all the comic books for each character in Marvel Puzzle Quest!
The Journey to Collect Every Marvel Puzzle Quest Comic Cover
Check out our interview with him, as he shares with us his comic-book-collecting adventures!

Not only that, if you want to give those comics a read, you should check them out in the special Marvel Unlimited featured Marvel Puzzle Quest collection. Get one free month of Marvel Unlimited by entering promo code MPQ2018 at checkout.

Comments

• SpiderKev
    SpiderKev Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Does Andrew Suggs know they made 1* Spidey the first Spider-Man appearance on purpose to troll him and others who collect the covers? 
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Missed opportunity to mention that you can earn a Taskmaster cover with Insider points .

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Missed opportunity to mention that you can earn a Taskmaster cover with Insider points .
    Look at Taskmasters face, he's still pondering the idea of revealing himself.
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    What a disappointment; I was hoping to see a massive update to feeders
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mujo5 said:
    What a disappointment; I was hoping to see a massive update to feeders
    ^ This comment made my day. ^

I actually have a lot of the old school covers in my collection; a lot of the pre-2000s stuff. It's been a while since I've bought physical comics, but I probably have around 10,000 or so safely secured in bags and boxes in the garage. It's always fun to see a cover I recognize show up in MPQ.

I don't know how rich this Andrew Suggs guy is but he's going to have a tough time coming up with that copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 the article mentions. I hope reprints count? Also, I only skimmed the article since I'm at work but did it mention what he's doing (if anything) about the non-cover covers (like 5Thor)?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor

I don't know how rich this Andrew Suggs guy is but he's going to have a tough time coming up with that copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 the article mentions. I hope reprints count? Also, I only skimmed the article since I'm at work but did it mention what he's doing (if anything) about the non-cover covers (like 5Thor)?
    With original (no pun intended) copies of Amazing Fantasy 15 running well into the tens of thousands of dollars, I would recommend filling in his collection with a reprint. They can be picked up for under 100 dollars.

For covers like 5Thor, pick up a movie poster from a memorabilia store. Something that recent should only run 20 to 30 dollars.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor

Is that still US only?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of the blog post.

If you wish to discuss the Taskmaster reward from Marvel Insider, then please leave a comment in this thread: 
    New Marvel Insider reward - Taskmaster cover for 100,000 points

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I suppose it is about time to update the covers for half the characters then, right?
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    I bet buying first editions of all covers including Amazing Fantasy #15 would still cost less than what some players have spent on mpq.

Congratulations to Andrew Suggs and anyone else who has done this.