Q&A w/ Oktagon - October Edition (10/31/18)

Options
2»

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren said:
    The "funny" thing is that they deliberately put in bad cards.  This isn't a "I would have picked something different" type of general complaint, but a "at the very least, the decks should be built to facilitate fulfillment of the objectives." The 6+ power objective deliberately excludes Blight Herder.  Spatial Contortion deliberately doesn't kill NIssa's creatures.
    I don't get that. Why not build a deck designed to beat the objectives? Wouldn't it be more fun, and more of a showcase for the game, if you built fully synergistic decks that highlight the thematic components of the deck and fulfill objectives as if a player had built it?

And modeled good deck building habits?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    madwren said:
    The "funny" thing is that they deliberately put in bad cards.  This isn't a "I would have picked something different" type of general complaint, but a "at the very least, the decks should be built to facilitate fulfillment of the objectives." The 6+ power objective deliberately excludes Blight Herder.  Spatial Contortion deliberately doesn't kill NIssa's creatures.
    I don't get that. Why not build a deck designed to beat the objectives? Wouldn't it be more fun, and more of a showcase for the game, if you built fully synergistic decks that highlight the thematic components of the deck and fulfill objectives as if a player had built it?

And modeled good deck building habits?

A revolutionary concept, indeed.