Kamala Khan's face has changed

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
I was wondering if they'd do something for Marvel Rising, but her old granny face has changed. She looks more youthful now in the front shot.

Side shot is different, too, but I can't find a decent google image search of her original look for a comparison.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's called a character revision

Lol
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I noticed it yesterday, but didn't want to say anything since I did not have the picture proof to compare them. It just looked odd to me yesterday. The strange thing is that I actually noticed with so many characters in this game. They basically made her face more rounded. There is also more detail and it looks sharper. I tried to check every other character but half way through the 3*'s I got bored and realized it was going to take a while so instead I started playing the game.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Her revision looks like an actress, but I can't think of her name....  Does someone play KK on a TV show?  I'm not a marvel TV junkie so I don't know.  But my goodness she looks like someone...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, I noticed that today too. Oh good, it's not just me.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Guess they’ve fixed all the important issues and glitches with the game now that they are devoting time to doing minor character appearance changes. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Merrick said:
    Guess they’ve fixed all the important issues and glitches with the game now that they are devoting time to doing minor character appearance changes. 
    Why yes, the art department and the QA department are the same people.
    I think one of the devs or brigby mentioned that some members of the team wear many hats so it's very possible that comment is true
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    KK's new artwork reminds me of Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors. It's an animated show on Disney XD (for those who are without children.)  
     I course, indoctrinated my child.  I wouldn't be a good mother if I didn't.  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I imagine that's what they're going for, since it's a brand new show out and the old look...never really captured Kamala, IMO. She pursed her lips in that smile like an old lady.
  • zeroswitch
    zeroswitch Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Looks great!   Since they're both in Marvel Rising, maybe update / improve Squirrel Girl's art? 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Merrick said:
    Why yes, the art department and the QA department are the same people.
    I think one of the devs or brigby mentioned that some members of the team wear many hats so it's very possible that comment is true
    My comment about that was more so in relation to our Publishing team (D3 Go!), as opposed to the Development team (Demiurge)
    Ooooh ok I think I understand now
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    It's good that at least her face doesn't look like a middle-age lady's now, but the character select portrait's expression is super awkward. Like when you ask someone to smile and pose for a photo they don't want to be in.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    She looks much better, no doubt.

Now can somebody please fix Hawkeye's wonky arm?