XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker

* Vault reset
* New Support: Hope Summers!  
* R164

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Craig,
    Dazzler Black requested Dazzler black rewarded.  Dazzler black as 2k reward in sim, Dazzler as reward in the Hunt, Dazzler in progression rewards after the Hunt.  The question is can you get top 10 in PVE CL9 and collect a ton of Dazzler covers!!  Challenge (accepted/declined)??
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Just as MPQ has developed/evolved over the years, this podcast has done the same.  I now look forward to it as my "catch up with mates" time every week.  Craig, Ray and Ian have found such a great blend of comment, discussion, humour and gentle bickering that I'm totally hooked - it really wouldn't bother me if MPQ wasn't mentioned at all!

Having said that, please don't bring back the Pie segment.... :-)

My vote for winner of the Brothers Grimm / Wendigo battle is Brothers Grimm, in a tactic that Ian didn't see.  The brothers conjure up a chainsaw, then one brother eats the other (thus becoming a Wendigo themselves) and can use their new strength to wield the chainsaw to slice off the head of the original Wendigo!

The logic starts to crumble when you realise that the last person standing is still a Wendigo - so did the Brothers Grimm actually win or not?  Makes my head hurt more than Ian's when he tried to explain Coulson's powers as the character of the week!

Thanks again for producing this podcast - I may not comment every week, but I am definitely listening.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    wymtime said:
    Craig,
    Dazzler Black requested Dazzler black rewarded.  Dazzler black as 2k reward in sim, Dazzler as reward in the Hunt, Dazzler in progression rewards after the Hunt.  The question is can you get top 10 in PVE CL9 and collect a ton of Dazzler covers!!  Challenge (accepted/declined)??
    Another question for Craig:
    Now that you can get the black for your 0/5/5 Dazzler (as of the moment I'm writing this) from the Time Season Simulator, is it worth it to spend 240 CP to immediately champ her, even though the prevailing wisdom frowns on spending CP on covers like this.

While on one hand, you'd be sacrificing twelve random 4*/5* covers (assuming you spent them on classics to get a 'worst case') for two Dazzler black covers, on the other, those twelve random covers would have a ~86.5% chance of giving you zero Dazzler covers (or ~50% if she was your sole 4* bonus heroes) (I'm less sure of my math here, so my answer is less precise) and that doesn't even take into account that any Dazzler cover would only have a 1 in 3 chance of being black.  

I'm sure prevailing wisdom still gives the same answer, but I could easily understand Craig having a special Dazzler exception in this case...