Why is Loki 5 star in the next PVE? I thought they alternated between Latest and Old.

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
Why is Loki 5 star in the next PVE as an essential?  I thought they alternated between Latest Legends and Older five stars so people who don't have the latest have a chance to do well in the PVE.  The last one had Kitty Pride, and now we are going to another latest, Loki.
Will the next two PVE's have old 5 stars as the essential five star required?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    it's not new/old, it's like New/new/new/old or something like that. It is generally more helpful to feature the 5*s that are currently available at better odds than old ones for newer players.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's all three Latest, then two Classic. We have had Kitty and Loki in the current Latest cycle so Wasp is next, then it's probably Doc Ock and Thor as the two Classics. Then Kitty, Loki and Cable (Wasp should have rotated out then).
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I think ThaRoadWarrior is right and a classic 5 is used every 4th event. I wish it was more 50/50 but I can see why they do it and I don't have a problem with it.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    It's been this way for a long time now. That's why is so crucial to save CP for the new 5* release store or LT's for when they get put in the Latest store. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    It's all three Latest, then two Classic. We have had Kitty and Loki in the current Latest cycle so Wasp is next, then it's probably Doc Ock and Thor as the two Classics. Then Kitty, Loki and Cable (Wasp should have rotated out then).
    That's typically the way it goes.

Wasp will be the Latest 5E even though she'll rotate out of Latest during that particular event.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    The order is Latest/Latest/Latest/Classic/Classic.  It can get confusing and hard to keep track of since Boss events throw this off, and we've had our share of them.  The order of the Latest seems to vary, and the Classics go very roughly in order of release - I'd expect Wasp (probably her last time) for the next PVE, then probably... I dunno GG, BSSM,  or OML or something.
  • Quebbster
    JSP869 said:
    Quebbster said:

Wasp will be the Latest 5E even though she'll rotate out of Latest during that particular event.
    Wasp
     should be essential in the event starting on Monday (guessing it will be Simulator, she seems to be essential every time that runs), a full week before she leaves Latest Legends. That week will have the two Classic essentials though so there's no risk of another Wasp essential, this should be the last.

GrimSkald said:
    The order is Latest/Latest/Latest/Classic/Classic.  It can get confusing and hard to keep track of since Boss events throw this off, and we've had our share of them.  The order of the Latest seems to vary, and the Classics go very roughly in order of release - I'd expect Wasp (probably her last time) for the next PVE, then probably... I dunno GG, BSSM,  or OML or something.
    It's
     not in order of release, it's based on when they were last essential. Doc Ock and Thor are due as Classic fivestar essentials.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 Latest, 2 Classic, repeat. Bosses just delay the cycle one event (so Latest/Latest/Boss is followed by Latest/Classic/Classic, the boss doesn't overwrite part of the pattern). Like others have said, Wasp should be up next, then two Classics (we expect Doc Ock and Thor, since they follow a pattern, and Latest join the Classics based on when they were last seen as Latest; Thor's last run as Latest was immediately after Doc Ock as a Classic way back in March, so now Thor is after Doc Ock as a Classic for this cycle).

Cable should then enter Latest tokens (and Wasp will leave) while Thor is the essential 5*, so the next three Latest will be Cable/Loki/Kitty (no idea on the order, that's something they seem to shuffle as they see fit). Then two classics (likely Black Bolt and Green Goblin). Then three Latest. Rinse and repeat.
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Is there some sort of document that keeps track of all this?
  • Quebbster

Here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70294/list-of-featured-5-essentials#latest
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    JSP869 said:
    Quebbster said:

My bad. I thought Cable entered Latest and kicked out Wasp this Monday:(
    Seems I have to wait until November 5th before I can go after him and Kitty, who I also don't have yet.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

Here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70294/list-of-featured-5-essentials#latest
    With the usual caveat that this record of historical information can be used to predict, but not guarantee, future events.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    JSP869 said:
    Quebbster said:

Seems I have to wait until November 5th before I can go after him and Kitty, who I also don't have yet.

Bonfire night. Kinda fitting.
    I'm so impatient for him to enter the tokens soI can use my meagre hoard.
  • swordfishdata
    swordfishdata Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Dragon_Nexus said:

Same here - I'm generally not one to hoard, but in the interest of not getting any more Wasp, I have been. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    JSP869 said:
    Quebbster said:

Yeah I should have like 800+ cp so I'm ready to go nuts.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dragon_Nexus said:

Same here - I'm generally not one to hoard, but in the interest of not getting any more Wasp, I have been. 

I would kinda like to champ her because I like the character, but the lack of *any* useful ability with her kinda kills it.

And I really like Kitty, Cable and Loki, even though none of them are Okoye/Thor beaters. They'd be a lot of fun when boosted in PvE, so having them hopefully champed means I can move up a CL.