Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Combined Arms is FUN!

jackstar0jackstar0 Posts: 1,138 Chairperson of the Boards
Who will you be using?

As I just recently max-champed a few of my 4*s, I'm really excited to see how they perform.

Medusa, C4rol, and G4mora can all bring some special trouble, but I'm thinking at the end it's gonna be Medusa with a couple friends. But not sure who yet...

Very glad they're running this event though. Nice to give the 5*s a break and find those synergies.

I also expect to see a few Peggy/IM40s out there, as it's always a potent combo.

Comments

• DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,378 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasp/Falcon/Bullseye is an awesome team. Match purple and yellow... you'll figure it out from there.

Carol/Loki/Daken is devastating. Match green and try to set up match-4s for the AI... all of Loki's countdowns will trigger Carol's passive and buff Daken's strike tiles. Ouchie.

Peggy/IM40/Thor will clean house. IM40 feeds, Peggy does her thing, Thor's green will clean up whatever's left.

Nightcrawler/Switch/Hawkeye. Just try it. You'll like it.

Dazzler/Storm/Daken is one I want to try. Match black for Storm, match green for Dazzler, big AoE! Seems good on paper, but a bad board could derail things.
  • crackninjacrackninja Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    I'll be taking these for a spin:
    4grocket, gamora, obw
    Peggy, im40, thor
    Kraven, patch, obw
    Vulture, im40, magneto 

But really I'll likely try at least a dozen combinations, including that wasp, falcon, bullseye one for laughs. 
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,338 Chairperson of the Boards
    I often bring 2* Magneto as his red/blue gen is frequently relevant. Haven't thought about it much more than that.
  • jackstar0jackstar0 Posts: 1,138 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking that a terrible leave-behind team would be Medusa/Doc Ock/Magneto.

This would potentially involve so much board moving and special tile nonsense that people might skip just to avoid the slowness of the matches.
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 2,896 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Wasp/Falcon/Bullseye is an awesome team. Match purple and yellow... you'll figure it out from there.

Dazzler/Storm/Daken is one I want to try. Match black for Storm, match green for Dazzler, big AoE! Seems good on paper, but a bad board could derail things.
    I liked that they ran that one again in DDQ right around the start of Combined Arms.
    The other, I was thinking of trying, but with Lockjaw as the 4*.
  • killercoolkillercool Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    With combined arms I find I am still drawn to the collection of vaulting era 4* characters, as their levels are comfortably higher than the rest of my 4*s.  So for me I will be looking at combos that involve 4* R&G, Carol, Medusa and Blade.

Once I narrow the list down to those the most obvious would be 4* R&G combined with 3* Gamora and a random 2*

For Medusa, I am struggling to find some partners that throw out special tiles, perhaps Patch and 2* Daken will work.

With C4rol i would have to agree with Dormammu and go C4rol, Loki, Daken
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 2,473 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

Nightcrawler/Switch/Hawkeye. Just try it. You'll like it.

This is a team I would have liked to try but alas my Nightcrawler is Bamf deficient with only a 1/5/5 build and I think that really drags down how effective it would be.

I'm thinking of trying Meh Hulk/Switch/Hawkeye - Switch powers up Meh Hulk purple and also hopefully creates match 5's for Hawkeye's speed shot as well as extra criticals, then pow Gamma Bomb. There are also 2 stuns in there in Switch purple/Hawk blue that might be useful and Hawkeye's red is actually not bad.
  • qandolsqandols Posts: 629 Critical Contributor
    I only wish there was filters on the team selection. I takes forever to find your team with a 100+ roster.
    qandols said:
    I only wish there was filters on the team selection. I takes forever to find your team with a 100+ roster.
    That would be so nice, being able to sort by star rarity on that screen.
    It's fun to try out these combos. If only the stupid AI would stop hitting all my CD:s and generally cascade everything to smithereens. Arrrgh.
    Another sneaky-good team I just tried is Carol/IM40/Wolverine. Wolvie makes strike tiles on the cheap with his green, IM40 makes countdowns on the cheap with his yellow, and then Carol takes it from there. With a couple buffed strikes on the board, IM40's red turns into a god-killer and his blue can wipe out a whole team.
    Dormammu said:
    Another sneaky-good team I just tried is Carol/IM40/Wolverine. Wolvie makes strike tiles on the cheap with his green, IM40 makes countdowns on the cheap with his yellow, and then Carol takes it from there. With a couple buffed strikes on the board, IM40's red turns into a god-killer and his blue can wipe out a whole team.
    I was using Carol and Beast with Mags for backup. Beast's almost instant countdown->tiles works nicely with Carol.

My current leave-behind swapped out Carol for Medusa just to see how it worked. Not great, but not terrible.

I am going to try Carol/IF/Hawkeye next to see how they do. I am finding myself getting smacked hard by Rulk teams (which my own is not maxed, so I'm ignoring).

Overall, I do enjoy this event, even if it means having to use Healthpacks.
    Dang. Just got pinged by a maxed Vulture and gotta admit that's a monster team for CA ( as you can just rotate the other two characters, or use IF if you are worried about speeding up Black).
    edited October 2018
    Dormammu said:
    Just tried this, it looks good on paper. Got lots of yellow but no green or black. Then IM40 took a kick from Chavez and died. I retreated quickly.
  • ZootSaxZootSax Posts: 1,491 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    I wonder what everybody else’s default selection is? My event defaults back to Quake, Patch and Johnny Storm after I play other events.
    Mine went to 2* Carol, Hawk-Guy & Kraven.  Kraven I had used recently against the Carnage/Ultron/Doc Ock node in PVE, but the other two I haven't used in over a day.
  • wingXwingX Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    I like using 3*Cyclops, Riri, and 2*Magneto - This team can generate a lots of red for Cyclops and Riri. There are 3 colours to help you generate red directly or indirectly and also to generate 4 or 5- of-a-kind matches. This team is also a rainbow team.

Some other teams I use are:
    2*Magneto, Prof X, Switch - This is my Combined Arms version of Charlie's Angel with only 1 missing colour.

Medusa, 2*/3* Dak, 2*/3* Wolv

Vulture, 3*Deadpool, 2*Storm - USing Vulture to generate blue for Storm. Deadpool is used to protect Storm and to create a rainbow.

OJSP said:
    I wonder what everybody else’s default selection is? My event defaults back to Quake, Patch and Johnny Storm after I play other events.
    It's not defaulting to any particular team for me, as far as I can tell. It does seem to pick one of my maxed 3*, but the 2* and 4* it puts in are all over the place.
    qandols said:
    Dormammu said:
    Just tried this, it looks good on paper. Got lots of yellow but no green or black. Then IM40 took a kick from Chavez and died. I retreated quickly.
    Ah, the dreaded bad board. Cursed Chavez.
    edited October 2018
    I'm finding C4rol is basically great against other C4rols as I can avoid black and they kick themselves in the teeth repeatedly and then I end it. In other scenarios, she's hit or miss.

My team right now is C4rol/Switch/Hawkeye, but I'm really jumping around with teams. And if I need to play extra quickly, I gotta stick with the tried and true: Peggy/IM40/Mags to just clean up quickly (most of the time).
    If I'm going up against another team with C4rol, or against one of the Hood/OBW/Chavez teams or something similar, I run C4rol/Loki/Daken.

If they don't have C4rol or any way to mess with my AP, it's usually Wasp/Falcon/Bullseye. Especially if they're running SWitch.