Combined Arms is FUN!

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
Who will you be using?

As I just recently max-champed a few of my 4*s, I'm really excited to see how they perform.

Medusa, C4rol, and G4mora can all bring some special trouble, but I'm thinking at the end it's gonna be Medusa with a couple friends. But not sure who yet...

Very glad they're running this event though. Nice to give the 5*s a break and find those synergies.

I also expect to see a few Peggy/IM40s out there, as it's always a potent combo.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasp/Falcon/Bullseye is an awesome team. Match purple and yellow... you'll figure it out from there.

Carol/Loki/Daken is devastating. Match green and try to set up match-4s for the AI... all of Loki's countdowns will trigger Carol's passive and buff Daken's strike tiles. Ouchie.

Peggy/IM40/Thor will clean house. IM40 feeds, Peggy does her thing, Thor's green will clean up whatever's left.

Nightcrawler/Switch/Hawkeye. Just try it. You'll like it.

Dazzler/Storm/Daken is one I want to try. Match black for Storm, match green for Dazzler, big AoE! Seems good on paper, but a bad board could derail things.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I'll be taking these for a spin:
    4grocket, gamora, obw
    Peggy, im40, thor
    Kraven, patch, obw
    Vulture, im40, magneto 

But really I'll likely try at least a dozen combinations, including that wasp, falcon, bullseye one for laughs. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I often bring 2* Magneto as his red/blue gen is frequently relevant. Haven't thought about it much more than that.
  • jackstar0
    I was thinking that a terrible leave-behind team would be Medusa/Doc Ock/Magneto.

This would potentially involve so much board moving and special tile nonsense that people might skip just to avoid the slowness of the matches.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    Wasp/Falcon/Bullseye is an awesome team. Match purple and yellow... you'll figure it out from there.

Dazzler/Storm/Daken is one I want to try. Match black for Storm, match green for Dazzler, big AoE! Seems good on paper, but a bad board could derail things.
    I liked that they ran that one again in DDQ right around the start of Combined Arms.
    The other, I was thinking of trying, but with Lockjaw as the 4*.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    With combined arms I find I am still drawn to the collection of vaulting era 4* characters, as their levels are comfortably higher than the rest of my 4*s.  So for me I will be looking at combos that involve 4* R&G, Carol, Medusa and Blade.

Once I narrow the list down to those the most obvious would be 4* R&G combined with 3* Gamora and a random 2*

For Medusa, I am struggling to find some partners that throw out special tiles, perhaps Patch and 2* Daken will work.

With C4rol i would have to agree with Dormammu and go C4rol, Loki, Daken
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

Nightcrawler/Switch/Hawkeye. Just try it. You'll like it.

This is a team I would have liked to try but alas my Nightcrawler is Bamf deficient with only a 1/5/5 build and I think that really drags down how effective it would be.

I'm thinking of trying Meh Hulk/Switch/Hawkeye - Switch powers up Meh Hulk purple and also hopefully creates match 5's for Hawkeye's speed shot as well as extra criticals, then pow Gamma Bomb. There are also 2 stuns in there in Switch purple/Hawk blue that might be useful and Hawkeye's red is actually not bad.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only wish there was filters on the team selection. I takes forever to find your team with a 100+ roster.
  • Dormammu
    qandols said:
    I only wish there was filters on the team selection. I takes forever to find your team with a 100+ roster.
    That would be so nice, being able to sort by star rarity on that screen.
  • qandols
    It's fun to try out these combos. If only the stupid AI would stop hitting all my CD:s and generally cascade everything to smithereens. Arrrgh.
  • Dormammu
    Another sneaky-good team I just tried is Carol/IM40/Wolverine. Wolvie makes strike tiles on the cheap with his green, IM40 makes countdowns on the cheap with his yellow, and then Carol takes it from there. With a couple buffed strikes on the board, IM40's red turns into a god-killer and his blue can wipe out a whole team.
  • jackstar0
    Dormammu said:
    Another sneaky-good team I just tried is Carol/IM40/Wolverine. Wolvie makes strike tiles on the cheap with his green, IM40 makes countdowns on the cheap with his yellow, and then Carol takes it from there. With a couple buffed strikes on the board, IM40's red turns into a god-killer and his blue can wipe out a whole team.
    I was using Carol and Beast with Mags for backup. Beast's almost instant countdown->tiles works nicely with Carol.

My current leave-behind swapped out Carol for Medusa just to see how it worked. Not great, but not terrible.

I am going to try Carol/IF/Hawkeye next to see how they do. I am finding myself getting smacked hard by Rulk teams (which my own is not maxed, so I'm ignoring).

Overall, I do enjoy this event, even if it means having to use Healthpacks.
  • jackstar0
    Dang. Just got pinged by a maxed Vulture and gotta admit that's a monster team for CA ( as you can just rotate the other two characters, or use IF if you are worried about speeding up Black).
  • qandols
    edited October 2018
    Dormammu said:
    Just tried this, it looks good on paper. Got lots of yellow but no green or black. Then IM40 took a kick from Chavez and died. I retreated quickly.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    I wonder what everybody else’s default selection is? My event defaults back to Quake, Patch and Johnny Storm after I play other events.
    Mine went to 2* Carol, Hawk-Guy & Kraven.  Kraven I had used recently against the Carnage/Ultron/Doc Ock node in PVE, but the other two I haven't used in over a day.
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    I like using 3*Cyclops, Riri, and 2*Magneto - This team can generate a lots of red for Cyclops and Riri. There are 3 colours to help you generate red directly or indirectly and also to generate 4 or 5- of-a-kind matches. This team is also a rainbow team.

Some other teams I use are:
    2*Magneto, Prof X, Switch - This is my Combined Arms version of Charlie's Angel with only 1 missing colour.

Medusa, 2*/3* Dak, 2*/3* Wolv

Vulture, 3*Deadpool, 2*Storm - USing Vulture to generate blue for Storm. Deadpool is used to protect Storm and to create a rainbow.

• TPF Alexis
    OJSP said:
    I wonder what everybody else’s default selection is? My event defaults back to Quake, Patch and Johnny Storm after I play other events.
    It's not defaulting to any particular team for me, as far as I can tell. It does seem to pick one of my maxed 3*, but the 2* and 4* it puts in are all over the place.
  • Dormammu
    qandols said:
    Dormammu said:
    Just tried this, it looks good on paper. Got lots of yellow but no green or black. Then IM40 took a kick from Chavez and died. I retreated quickly.
    Ah, the dreaded bad board. Cursed Chavez.
  • jackstar0
    edited October 2018
    I'm finding C4rol is basically great against other C4rols as I can avoid black and they kick themselves in the teeth repeatedly and then I end it. In other scenarios, she's hit or miss.

My team right now is C4rol/Switch/Hawkeye, but I'm really jumping around with teams. And if I need to play extra quickly, I gotta stick with the tried and true: Peggy/IM40/Mags to just clean up quickly (most of the time).
  • TPF Alexis
    If I'm going up against another team with C4rol, or against one of the Hood/OBW/Chavez teams or something similar, I run C4rol/Loki/Daken.

If they don't have C4rol or any way to mess with my AP, it's usually Wasp/Falcon/Bullseye. Especially if they're running SWitch.