Anniversary Seasons: How many of these have you play?

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
How many Anniversary seasons have you played and which ones, if you took a break and missed one?  How does this one line up with the others that you have played? How would you rate them?

Anniversary Seasons: How many of these have you play? 102 votes

All 5
53%
Dragon_NexusZeiramMRPorkBellyKolenceWonko33YasurusinnerjflQuebbsterColognoisseurrixmithkillercoolCubRobxKOBALTxMoon RoachJexmanwymtimeDartmaster01whitecat31NajboljiTheRealJRad 55 votes
4 of them-Which ones?
20%
Dormammudokiyrdvargas1jreddNick441234DukeUpdateMeanderTony_FootmrcheddarsmkspyWEBGASultimate_rizzo[Deleted User]JHawkIncmaguirenumber6JaedenkaalCharlieCrokerDyingLegendMETT-T dependentBubba3210 21 votes
3 of them-Which ones?
16%
divouneKevmcgAlfje17brollInfectiousYawnHobieCat76TeamStewieReecohcrackninjaDAZ0273Yepyepcgrubb80KahmondamongoosePyram7Ares76spidyjedi84 17 votes
2 of them-Which ones?
5%
TPF AlexisPr0spect0rcharmbotsShintok17Jaguarbarrok 6 votes
1 of them-Which one?
2%
Projectus2501Ed_DragonriderBanquetto 3 votes
N/A
0%

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    All 5

The 1st Anniversary is still the best one to date.  If I had to rate them, this is how I would.

1st

4th

5th

2nd

3rd

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 of them-Which ones?
    Technically I was around for the 2nd Anniversary as a player but I quit during it, didn't try out Galactus and didn't return to the game until the January after it, so I'm not really counting that one.

Best Anniversary was therefore 4th - the Apocalypse event was really great but quite tough, 3 great releases (I wasn't really affected by 5* Gambit so don't have a skewed view and actually 3* Gambit was pretty neat at release) and I was even able to get the Rogue cover from SHIELD Training! I don't remember much about Danger Room though which debuted that year and ironically is the subject of player wrath at this very time...

I would then probably say 5th.

Ah - 3rd Anniversary. I truly believe this actually promised the most. My roster at the time was strictly 3* so I didn't have the range and power of later Anniversaries but it was brand new to me and hyped up by the forum. For starters, Gwenpool was a really nice surprise release, I enjoyed her a lot and she remains probably my favourite Anni release (in fact if anybody should have been Limited she would have fit the bill perfectly). I also got my first Dino's which was nice as it felt like I had finally actually "joined the MPQ Club". The new events though...uh-oh. Best Friends Forever was based upon 2 v 2 and that royally screwed up MMR so players were being matched from a crazy wide spectrum of opponents - people were reporting coming up against players 100 levels higher than them at the very beginning of the event! Still - there was the new boss event to look forward to... uhm...yeah...well that introduced me to how much the forum can channel crushing disappointment and righteous fury! :*:D

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    All 5
    Was there an anniversary season in 2014, though? 

I seem to remember awesome 20 people LR with Lady Thor and Dino covers in a vault? So the first anniversary was great, just no separate season, technically speaking. I think? Eh, it's been a while.

This one was pretty great too. The new alliance raid event made it stand out for me. Even with the minor hiccups for the first run (a far cry away from the first run of Galactus or first and only run of Boss Rush), the rewards in it were so unusually generous, that it offset any inconvenience I may have had as a commander... :D
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    All 5

All of them. I was actually on a break prior to the 4th Anniversary but decided to start playing again just Before the Anniversary so I didn't miss out on some Dino fun.

As I recall the first one was awesome, with fun tokens raining over us. Second one... Well, the first run of Galactus was a poor way to celebrate. Third one was better, but then there was Boss rush (never got to finish that as my phone broke early on...). The fourth one... well, I was starting to rebuild my roster after my break so I was a bit strapped for Resources then, so I probably didn't have as much fun as I could have. This anniversary has been good though.

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    All 5
    Can’t beat 1st anniversary. I think they were just overcompensating due to the novelty of the event. My favorite was the 3rd anniversary but probably not for a reason you’d agree with. I was able to max champ Devil Dino then. Meaningless in grand scheme of mpq things but fun to use for 4th and 5th anniversary in her pvp event. The rest is just fluff they tryout and see if it'll stick for regular season use. 
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,770 Chairperson of the Boards
    All 5
    I liked them all.  Any event where you try out new things, give more rewards, etc... is fine in my book.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    3 of them-Which ones?
    I’m on day 761, so I must have started just before the 3rd. I have no real memory or context for that. But I thought this one was pretty fun — primarily for double iso. But all the extras, prizes, iso, etc. is enjoyable for me because of SAVED COVERS! All of it was no-stress because I could just bank those Dino covers (and the rest) and put my iso where I darned well please.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 of them-Which ones?
    Tough call. I really enjoyed both this one and last year's, and it's hard to tell what of the difference is due to actual differences in the events, and what is due to being solidly in 4* land instead of still transitioning.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2018
    4 of them-Which ones?
    I've played second-fifth. My favourites were this one and the previous one, as I had a decent roster (in my eyes) and I could compete for more prizes. In actual fact, I cleared out the Anniversary vault this year and went 47/100 on the reset one :-)
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    3 of them-Which ones?
    Played the last 3, and have enjoyed them more each year.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 of them-Which ones?
    OJSP said:
    I started playing 2 months after the 1st Anniversary.
    Yep, I'm about here as well.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    The 3rd anniversary was the first one I played through, and I don't remember a thing about it.  Was that the debut of Boss Rush?  The debut of Thanos' crash vs any of the gotg?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    3 of them-Which ones?
    Tough call. I really enjoyed both this one and last year's, and it's hard to tell what of the difference is due to actual differences in the events, and what is due to being solidly in 4* land instead of still transitioning.
    Same here, but I bet I wasn't even transitioning from 3* last year, or maybe had just begun. It's a different game for me now.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't remember playing the 1st anniversary, but I was certainly playing the game in general when it rolled around, so it might just be a case of 'roster tiny enough that nothing about the anniversary resonated with me.'

Second I remember being disappointed by, like they slapped something together the morning of.

Third I enjoyed well enough. I didn't even mind Boss Rush! Although I wasn't crazy about the carryover of AP from one boss to the next allowing the next boss to powerspam you to death if you had to down one with a match rather than a power. Gwenpool release was cool. Crash of the Mad Titan wasn't technically an anniversary event, but happened close enough to anniversary for spillover good feelings.

I really liked Fourth. The Apocalypse event was great, and the Gambit release was the herald for the return of X-characters to the game - Nightcrawler, Rogue, Jubilee, Dazzler, Cable, Kitty. Yeah, I guess Archangel too.

Fifth is my favorite so far. I really liked the Alliance Raid, though I'd like to see more of an actual story attached if they re-run it (since speed doesn't matter! Give me something to read and immerse in!) and double Iso is always a win. I've wanted Taskmaster in the game for a while, and while I'm disappointed he's a Limited release, at least he's in. Also, unrelated to the anniversary itself, but contributing to the favoritism, is that the double Iso put me in position to max or champion every 4* on my roster, to rechampion the 3* I'd previously flipped, to repair the 2* farm, and to level 5trange to 435. So I'm sitting here now with 150k iso and no immediate pressure to spend it because I'm not plugging leaks in the dam below the 5* tier. I can sit back and plan who I want to level and when. It's a good feeling.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    1 of them-Which one?
    This one was my first one, so I'm totally biased, but I thought it was really great. :)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 of them-Which ones?
    Ranked by my enjoyment;
    5th
    3rd
    4th
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Started playing just before the first anniversary. I was in 2* land and acquired a fully covered and levelled Devil Dino. Consequently I found out about scaling and didn’t get to a position where I was competitive until clearance levels came in.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 of them-Which ones?
    I was an off-and-on player for the first couple of years and missed the second one, I think. Started playing at the Android launch, though, and have been a daily player (and fairly dedicated throughout) for the last three years. 
  • Burton80
    Burton80 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Been in the last 3. This one rates high for me as i don't remember if any other anniversary vault have both limited charters in them. The new alliance raid was a different & a great inclusion as it allows weaker alliance member to play for the whole story.
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    All 5
    1st was my favorite, then 5th, then 4th, I think I wasn't a big fan of the 2nd or third, but it's hard to remember. 2nd I had taken a pretty serious break right before, so it really wasn't relevant to my roster, I was just playing catch up. 

From reading others comments, I'm guessing boss rush, which I would love to take another shot at now that I have seven 5* champed.