Champ a few or level up many?

NotBAMF
NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2018 in Roster and Level Help
I currently have 25 unchamped 4* characters.

Of those 25,  eleven are at 13+ covers (Rulk, Elektra, Flaptain, Black Panther, Iceman, Miles, Spider-Gwen, Hulkbuster, Kate, Iron Spidey, Howard The Duck). 

I am currently at 1.4+ million Iso. 

Putting my 2* and 3* farms on the back burner for a while, I figure with the Iso I have, I could champ any four of my 4*'s right away.

OR... I could moves several of them (not sure how many) up to lv209 so that my odds of having all the required characters for the next few SHIELD Trainings greatly increases (to this day, I have only ever had all three required characters at 209 for one or two Trainings, and it's bloody frustrating).

What would you do?

1) Champ the best of the available (I assume Rulk, Iceman, and... two others)? Maybe champ the ones that have the most Saved covers on them so I get the most immediate rewards?

2) Move a bunch up to 209? Eventually move them all up to 209 and THEN start champing them?

3) Do neither and use some of the Iso stash to champ all my sitting 2 and 3* farm characters?

Thanks!

Champ a few or level up many? 10 votes

Champ the best/most valuable 4*'s
50%
[Deleted User]Rod5dramatistThaRoadWarriordrzzl 5 votes
Move as many up to 209 as possible
40%
TPF AlexisPiMacleodHeartbreaksoupRazuhlui 4 votes
Work on the farms
10%
andoleandole 1 vote

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It won't let me change my vote, but after looking over your roster, I think I'd actually go for champing at least Iceman and Panther. Iceman is just all around great, and Panther works amazingly well with Shuri, who you already have champed.

I don't think I'd go all in on champing if I were you, tho. Keep your farms rolling at least to some extent, and ideally keep enough on hand to bring at least one more up to 209 if you need to. I think it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 175-200K to bring someone up to 209 from 70, but I'm not sure.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It won't let me change my vote, but after looking over your roster, I think I'd actually go for champing at least Iceman and Panther. Iceman is just all around great, and Panther works amazingly well with Shuri, who you already have champed.

I don't think I'd go all in on champing if I were you, tho. Keep your farms rolling at least to some extent, and ideally keep enough on hand to bring at least one more up to 209 if you need to. I think it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 175-200K to bring someone up to 209 from 70, but I'm not sure.

I Think it's around 150K to get to level 209, so for the same ISO you'd use to max out two fourstars you could get five to level 209 instead.

I am a big fan of even roster growth, so I suppose I am in favor of bringing them up to 209. Probably smart to wait until you know who the next requireds are though.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had nowhere near your amount of iso but during Anniversary I did a little bit of everything.

I champed 3 4* Stars (Ghost because she is good, Max Pun because he is fun and I wanted to and Ant-Man because he had loads of saved covers) but all three had already had iso put into them so the hit wasn't so hard.

I then put levels into max covered 4's up to 209 or towards it that I either want to champ sooner than later or who have multiple saved covers, I put about 10 levels into Yondu as it was his Clash and he has multiple saved covers.

I managed to burn through a couple of levels of XP so used that to also keep my 2* farm rolling and to champ my Patch duplicate.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep 500k in reserve and spend the rest.  Chances are you'll need to bring one 4* to 209, but if you're unlucky you'll have to do all 3.  Rest of your iso, shore up your 2* farm.  The 3* farm will be ready when you have spare iso.  The main thing about 3* farm is having HP for the roster slot; then you can save covers until you have enough iso.

As for the 4* that you have fully covered, unless they will alter your playing style; I'd say wait until they appear on a boosted list.  Chances are your main teams are higher leveled, so unless boosted, there usually isn't a need for a lvl 270 4* (caveat being the likes of Vulture, Val, etc)...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't keep an iso reserve as a hard and fast rule, but i tend to start saving up as the character release comes up, that way if it's somebody i don't have at 209 I can get them there reasonably fast. Shield Training stays open long enough that I can usually get the iso i need across the event in the case I'm a little short. it's 140k iso to go from 70->209, then it's 230k iso to go from 209->champ (including the champ tax). It's entirely possible for me to champ a 209 or 2 between character releases, but I like keeping my farm going as well for the hp/tokens since I only play PVE to progression. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I can do is tell you what I did/do with unchamped 4-stars.

As soon as possible (when they have enough covers) I get them to level 150. This allows me to complete all the DDQ crashes. That's where all they sit until I have enough ISO to champ one. Which one I champ depends... I might champ one if they're the current PvE essential, or if they're needed in a SHIELD Training for a new release cover. Sometime I'll just pick one on whim. (A nifty side-effect at keeping them at 150 is that they're all organized neatly in my roster between my max-champed 2-stars and my 3-stars.)

If a new 4-star release is coming I'll hold onto my ISO, even if I have enough to champ one of my fully-covered 4-stars, in case I need to bump one of my newer under-covered 4-stars up to 209 for SHIELD Training. This actually happens quite frequently.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

I Think it's around 150K to get to level 209, so for the same ISO you'd use to max out two fourstars you could get five to level 209 instead.

I am a big fan of even roster growth, so I suppose I am in favor of bringing them up to 209. Probably smart to wait until you know who the next requireds are though.

Yeah, I actually did one this morning, and it was pretty close to 150K. I wanted to be conservative in my estimate in the earlier post.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    You have some really good 4*s that are ready to be champed plus the Spider characters that have some great synergy together.

I'd at least champ Red Hulk, Iceman and Black Panther.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu said:
    All I can do is tell you what I did/do with unchamped 4-stars.

As soon as possible (when they have enough covers) I get them to level 150. This allows me to complete all the DDQ crashes. That's where all they sit until I have enough ISO to champ one. Which one I champ depends... I might champ one if they're the current PvE essential, or if they're needed in a SHIELD Training for a new release cover. Sometime I'll just pick one on whim. (A nifty side-effect at keeping them at 150 is that they're all organized neatly in my roster between my max-champed 2-stars and my 3-stars.)

If a new 4-star release is coming I'll hold onto my ISO, even if I have enough to champ one of my fully-covered 4-stars, in case I need to bump one of my newer under-covered 4-stars up to 209 for SHIELD Training. This actually happens quite frequently.
    I'm doing a similar thing. I have 16 non-champed 4*s not counting limited. My plan right now is to spend my iso leveling or champing the ones in order of DDQ crash appearance and keeping my farms rolling. I've brought Wiccan up to 250 for his Crash tomorrow and my unchamped 4*s are spaced out so that next ones I'll start pumping ISO into are Infinity War Nebula and Spider-Man. I should be able to get everyone into a winnable Crash position before they come up this way.