5 * Difficulty Extreme

MissoesRicRose
MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
Total Frustration
I do not know in which category to post this comment.
I wanted to leave here registered the total dissatisfaction with the system of getting a 5 * character.
I had more than 900CP. I used everyone to get 5 * characters during this birthday period, only getting 3 (2 Cable, 1 Old Logan). I found the exaggerated difficulty of getting a 5 * to be absurd. I even wondered if that could be a bug.
I am very dissatisfied to continue playing this game now. Forgive me the annoyance, I know that a 5 * character is hard to come by. But I think it's absurdly difficult.

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    The chance to get a 5* is 1 in 7. Assuming you pulled from Fan Favorites and Mutant Mavericks (25 cp a pull), you get 36 pulls for 900 cp. Your result of getting 3 5* from those pulls is below average, but that's how chance works. Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes you're not. This time it's the latter.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Yes, pull-rates are unpredictable - overall they will even out over time though...I appreciate that 900CP might feel like a lot, but ultimately at a 1:7 chance it will need a bigger sample size to really say that you are being unfairly treated.
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Well talking about unlucky, i am 0/20 in that mutant mavericks vault using 25cp each, searching for cable. Thanks for thanos pve tokens, made it 1 cable out of 22 pulls.
    Hoard again, maybe you will get more of him or other 5* using latest legends vault. i have 18 5* champ now, should have been 19, if did not sold my 460 gambit after nerf. All is because of patience and luck.  Hang on there.  
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    For getting a 5* you want you really need 300 pulls and you pulled 36.  I pull around 135-140 every 6 weeks to champ latest before they leave the latest vault.  I understand your frustration overall from bad odd’s but the reality you need to pull a lot to get the odds to even out.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    The chance to get a 5* is 1 in 7. Assuming you pulled from Fan Favorites and Mutant Mavericks (25 cp a pull), you get 36 pulls for 900 cp. Your result of getting 3 5* from those pulls is below average, but that's how chance works. Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes you're not. This time it's the latter.
    And those 36 pulls were split between two stores. Each store has its own separate RNG, so you’re really looking at 2 smaller samples, one size x and the other size (36 - x). 

You need to stick to just one store and pull a whole lot more to get close to the average 15%.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    stay out of the special release stores too. wait until they hit latests. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    stay out of the special release stores too. wait until they hit latests. 

I'll add a condition - do the special release stores if you want the other characters in it as well as the new release.  Will they help round out your roster or add levels to characters you use all the time?  Go for it.  Otherwise you're much better served doing something else.

As said above, RNG is RNG.  900 CP sounds like a lot, but that's 36 pulls.  On average, you get 5.4 5*s - yes 3 is low but not that low.  When Jessica Jones was introduced, I went all in for that as I wanted JJ and I wanted to get a few more covers for my Green Goblin.  I pulled a JJ and a BP relatively early on, then I went, I kid you not, 51 pulls without getting a single 5*.  These things happen.  They suck, they suck badly, but they happen.

The flip side of that is I pulled 3 Okoye in a row about three weeks ago.  In the end, things tend to balance out.