Is the VIP Program worth it?

Options
MPQMastery
MPQMastery Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
tldw: yes, I liken it a lot. 

Wanna watch the full answer, go here: Is the VIP Program Worth It? - MPQ Mastery - Marvel Puzzle Quest
https://youtu.be/gmnubAIDoOc

Comments

• MPQMastery
    Options
    Bowgentle - Nope. I've been reading and commenting and liking and having a grand old time on the forums. It's a lot of fun around here. :)
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes it is worth it.
  • MPQMastery
    Options
    @Jarvind - you can if you want, but that seems like a lot of negative energy. Let’s make this a happy place. :) 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    Bowgentle - Nope. I've been reading and commenting and liking and having a grand old time on the forums. It's a lot of fun around here. :)
    Given that you have like 9 posts and every single one contains a ham-fisted redirect to your youtube channel, I'm going to go ahead and call hogwash on this.
    Every single one of the puzzle warriors posts is about the podcast as far as I can see and no one cares. They guy has to start somewhere and it’s not that much of an issue is it?

Anyway I don’t think Vip is good value anymore, considering how many LTS I get per month, how much HP I think the value is long past.
  • MPQMastery
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Jarvind said:
    Given that you have like 9 posts and every single one contains a ham-fisted redirect to your youtube channel, I'm going to go ahead and call hogwash on this.
    Every single one of the puzzle warriors posts is about the podcast as far as I can see and no one cares. They guy has to start somewhere and it’s not that much of an issue is it?

Anyway I don’t think Vip is good value anymore, considering how many LTS I get per month, how much HP I think the value is long past.
    I am definitely trying to find my place here. Majority has been promotion, but not all - and I’ve been lurking for a while. 

Thats said, @Tony_Foot, has its value to you changed as you’ve gotten to higher levels where things cost a lot more o has the program itself changed over time?
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Oh for God's sake.
    Are you only here to promote your YouTube?
    While I support the very small MPQ youtube/twich communities, I've watched all of this guy's videos so far, and they seem to have inaccuracies and/or misleading information, which is a problem because the channel presents itself as "info coming from an expert."

Like in his video on tips for beginners, he suggests that beginners should 6-clear PvE nodes all at once without mentioning that it is sub-optimal and can lead to missing rewards (especially for beginners), or in this video he says that VIP gives 3 LTs when it only gives 2.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is why the only MPQ-related videos I watch are those to do purely with opening LTs.

It’s quite relieving, living vicariously through these hoard-busters when you yourself are hoarding.
  • NeonBlue
    Options
    This is why the only MPQ-related videos I watch are those to do purely with opening LTs.

It’s quite relieving, living vicariously through these hoard-busters when you yourself are hoarding.
    Agreed. I love token vids, especially ones where you can hear the visceral reaction of the person to getting something.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    Jarvind said:

The difference is that when you're skimming the page and you see the podcast thread you know exactly what you're getting. For a thread like this you go in thinking that the op has never had VIP and is fairly new to the game and genuinely curious about if it's worth it or not. Honestly it really just feels like clickbait. If he had made the thread telling people that he had started a video series for MPQ on youtube and wanted some feedback and maybe like ideas for videos then I don't think anyone would have had a problem with it.

As for me I don't think VIP is worth it in its current state. I'd like to see it reshaped a bit. You get all rewards at once on the first day, 25% faster recovery, decent amount of red iso, two beginner supports, one advanced support and more bonus rewards. They could really sweeten it if they also gave you one colorless 4* cover for any 4* character.
  • NeonBlue
    edited October 2018
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    Jarvind said:

The difference is that when you're skimming the page and you see the podcast thread you know exactly what you're getting. For a thread like this you go in thinking that the op has never had VIP and is fairly new to the game and genuinely curious about if it's worth it or not. Honestly it really just feels like clickbait. If he had made the thread telling people that he had started a video series for MPQ on youtube and wanted some feedback and maybe like ideas for videos then I don't think anyone would have had a problem with it.

As for me I don't think VIP is worth it in its current state. I'd like to see it reshaped a bit. You get all rewards at once on the first day, 25% faster recovery, decent amount of red iso, two beginner supports, one advanced support and more bonus rewards. They could really sweeten it if they also gave you one colorless 4* cover for any 4* character.
    Definitely agree with your first point. I clicked on the thread thinking it was a legit question. It feels like Buzzfeed, but at least they have tells in their descriptors, like "You won't believe..." or "Click here to find out."

As for VIP itself, I have a few "problems" with its current implementation as well:

1. The game values certain rewards more highly than i do. For instance, 10k ISO over 28 days is "okay" but not great. However, the game determines ISO values based on the mega-inflated conversion rate in their stores. For example, with no sale, $20 worth of ISO gets you 13.2k, putting the total "value" of VIP's ISO at around $15. However, I don't think anyone playing this game for any real length of time thinks that 10k ISO is actually worth $15, because that would make champing a 4* cost $540.

2. Previously, a big "selling point" of VIP was that it was the only real value buy in MPQ. Only people with lots of disposable income would buy currency when its not on sale, and stuff like H4H and shields can be bought with HP earned in game. The only way to pay for any advantage was through VIP, but beginning this year, that changed. I know it's not as consistent, but the characters bundles have been a significantly better buy, and they seem to be offering one every few weeks. With covers, more tokens, and a much better HP-to-$ ratio that you can get up-front (as opposed to over 28 days), these bundles have been a godsend for people with growing rosters who need to be more frugal. VIP improves your experience slightly, but the bundle chain last month accelerated my roster by half a year (and keep in mind half a year for someone who completes all PvEs and PvPs). Taking the RNG out of cover pulling and automatically finishing characters for you is so unbelievably important for anyone looking to advance more quickly.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    VIP is at its most useful when your at mid 4* stage or later.  Any earlier and your better off doing  a bugle pittance every 28 days to get the bonus reward.  The Ltd and heroics are better hoard for players making a push into 5* land.  The bonus healing is also useful if you grind Lr rounds
  • MPQMastery
    Options
    Appreciate all the feedback. I’d definitely like to say that I see my videos as conversation starters and never meant them to be just a link for you to watch. That’s why I framed my topic titles as questions as well. I threw the question out there and want to know what you think. This is a forum, so it’s a great place to have that discussion. 

On the topic of bundles, I have purchased a few of those recently, the last one being for Taskmaster. Definitely worth it!

cheers all!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Appreciate all the feedback. I’d definitely like to say that I see my videos as conversation starters and never meant them to be just a link for you to watch. That’s why I framed my topic titles as questions as well. I threw the question out there and want to know what you think. This is a forum, so it’s a great place to have that discussion. 

On the topic of bundles, I have purchased a few of those recently, the last one being for Taskmaster. Definitely worth it!

cheers all!
    I’d suggest adding a link to the forum discussion in your video descriptions and using a less click-baity title, which specifically mentions it’s a YouTube channel (something as simple as “MPQMastery: Is the VIP Program Worth It”).  I don’t think anyone here is against more MPQ-related content, but disguised links to such content here is bound to ruffle a few feathers.