Who should Taskmaster study next?

Options
Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
So I think it would be really cool if each anniversary they gave Taskmaster 3 new powers (one of each color) and maybe even did a fan vote for one (or all three).

We could either have him study someone new, someone he already studied, or a varient of someone he studied. 

That said, if you could vote on a new power what would it be?

For me I love the idea of being able to assign a passive if you are bringing along someone with a better active (like how speed shot functions currently). It doesn’t do much but it’s a nice bonus to have. My pick would be:

Think Like the Enemy
(PASSIVE) Taskmaster studies those who study how to turn a prey's strengths against them before laying his snare. At the beginning of the turn, if there are at least 5 enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board, Taskmaster reduces their strength by XX and deals YY damage.

Reasons: Using characters’ strengths against them is core to who Taskmaster is, and it’d be nice to have another counter to Grocket who feels like he’s been the meta for about 28 years.

Now it could be OP to play Tasky and Kraven together with both their passives going off. But it also create an even stronger counter to the anti-special tile meta in the 4* tier and have him see use beyond being limited. 

So what powers would you like to see added to the Master of Tasks playlist?

Comments

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pre-nerf Gambit?

Ow. stop throwing rocks. ow.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, he can only copy someone physical skills, so he can't do anything like control magnetism or shoot lasers out of his eyes. He also can't copy someone's intelligence, so mimicking Rocket's ability top create a ridiculously powerful weapon from some guy's mechanical leg is out too...

Maybe Lumbercap's red Rope-a-Dope? Also, Taskmaster has a sword so how about about Valkyrie's red Dragonfang Fury ability?
  • damongoose
    damongoose Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I know it would be a coding nightmare, but I think it would be incredibly cool if Taskmaster learned the skills of his actual in game opponents. So if you used him and won against any other character he could learn a new skill. In the end it would make him totally OP and ridiculous, but it's fun to think that everyone could potentially have their own 'custom' Taskmaster. 
  • Dormammu
    Options
    The Smeargle of MPQ!
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gamora’s Deadliest Woman, Drax’s Secret Weapon or Mockingbird’s Opportunist. Drax is particularly easy to copy; even I can hide round a corner :) 
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    Drax is particularly easy to copy; even I can hide round a corner :) 
    But he moves so slowly as to be imperceptible. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Galactus' Cosmic Wrath.
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gamoras' Incapacitate

Mockingbirds' Bombshell

Okoyes' Wakanda Forever
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd like to see him pick up some goon powers, like Muscle's Threaten, Kishu's Caltrops or the annoying team damage one the symbiote dogs have.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Asmodaeus said:
    Gamoras' Incapacitate

Mockingbirds' Bombshell

Okoyes' Wakanda Forever
    Eh. I'm pretty sure they spent some time coming up with 6 abilities per that would actually provide some choice. Bombshell might be a choice, but not the other two.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure Wakanda Forever would even be something Taskmaster could copy. Inspiring others isn't really something that can be learned by rote.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was just hoping his animations would have his art on it. Mainly so I could see Taskmaster jump thru the air like Squirrel Girl.
    But really I wanted to see some more self synergy. Aside from 4* Starlord punch other powers making CD tiles, nothing really interacts.
    How about 3* Bullseye's Deadly precision? That would help with Moving Target at least.
    5* Daredevil's Hand-to-hand? Gives you a reason to use Twin pistols.