Who's in front?

Options
vudu3
vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
Here's the scenario:  I move a critical tile in such a way that it creates two match 3s--a green and a black. Thor tanks green and Okoye tanks black. Who's in front at the end of the turn?

After 5 years of playing this game you'd think I'd know the answer but I don't have a clue what determines which match happens first. Is it the vertical match?  The horizontal one?  The color with the strongest match damage?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The one you moved. If it was a black, Okoye tanjs, if it was a green Thor tanks.
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    But he moved a crit tile, would it be whoever does the highest crit tile damage?
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I suspect the game will resolve it from left to right or up to down.

They do that for speed shot CDs ....
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good question: I would imagine it would be the char with the highest match damage, because that's easier to code than determining which match is the furthest left and up.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I think it's whoever has the higher match damage of the two, but it might be whoever has the most health. That's the tie-breaker for a couple of other situations where it's unclear who should be in front (e.g. Come Get Me and Immovable Object are both active at the same time).
    What's in second, and I don't know is third.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it would go with the higher overall amount of match damage with the critical's multiplier built in. Thor's green x 4.2 versus Okoye's black x 4.5. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wouldn't it be the character with the higher crit multiplier?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Wouldn't it be the character with the higher crit multiplier?
    That's entirely possible. I always assumed it was the colour in line with your move.

So if in this scenario the two greens were vertical, the two black were horizontal and you moved the crit in a horizontal direction, I figure the black would be the first match.

However, this doesn't account for, say, green, green, (anything), black, black in a line and moving a crit tile between them =/
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    From my observasions, it is the color that does not line up with the move. Fror example in this scenario:
    xxBxx
    xxBxx
    xxxGG
    xxCxx
    it is the green match and Thor winds up in front.
    This is purely anicdotal and plenty of other factors could have caused the same result.
  • Xavier_Mc
    Xavier_Mc Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just to add some more to this. I had this situation:

xxYxx
    xxYxx
    xPxPx
    xxCxx

Yellow was Okoye and purple was 2* Hawkeye and Hawkeye took the lead.
    Both have a 4.5% critical