3* Dr Strange duplicate purple covers prompting a re-spec rather than adding to the dupe

Options
ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
I have a lvl 266 Doctor Strange (stephen strange) spec'd to 5/3/5, and an un-champed duplicate that was 4/3/5. The blue and yellow covers I was getting would go correctly to my duplicate from the Rewards (vine) list, but all the purples would prompt a re-spec when I click on the "train" button. I can (and have to) go through the duplicate character and add the cover that way though. I'm not sure if this is limited to Strang3, his purple ability, or if it's an artifact of the specs on my max-champ prompting the re-spec. I haven't rostered any other dupes to see if this behavior is consistent on others or not.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I don't roster 2* dupes, yeah. I did once roster a Patch dupe, but flipped the max-champ for iso/hp right before cover saving went live to try and save a cover that wasn't going to make it. I'm about to need to start doing it in earnest though, since I have 6 magn3to's on the vine waiting on a roster slot. I suppose if this is just how it works, then that's good to know.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I get to re-use this post again for the 5th time:
    I'm not going to type it all out again, so go here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/819667#Comment_819667 for a full write-up on what's happening with the champion covers trying to switch powers and why it happens.
    If this keeps coming up in the forums often enough that I get to re-post the reasons behind the poor algorithm that causes it, maybe it's getting pervasive enough to address and fix...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    hm, yes I see that this problem has been around for quite some time. That's a perfectly logical way to decide what happens to the cover. The flag to check for a max-champ status would be helpful to me, but the way it works now does have the auto-pilot advantage of asking you to confirm your choice with a popup. If it just auto-applied to the next character in line, it would just do so without asking for confirmation and somebody working on multiple dupes (presumably an edge case?) simultaneously might be sad.