Places of Power: Event Recap

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
Since their are other threads talking about how they liked or disliked this event, this thread is  dedicated to cover how your alliance did.  Please post below.  

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Our 3 ally’s did great. 

XTREMIS has the “perfect score” of 1275600 (with 3 other ally’s as of this post but will be 5 or 6 at the end of the event) and got 8 LTs 

XTREMIIS got 7 LTs. Somebody  hit the wrong node day 1. 

XTREMIIIS got 7 LTs.  Somebody missed due to timezone changes with work. 
  • ih8uf
    ih8uf Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    NJLEarthPVE is currently in 6th (with a few still to finish)...We had 10 & 4 doing deadly nodes, & 6 doing hard (most of them had a weak Thano5 & few to no other 5*s)...
    We got 4 LTs, a lot of CP & plenty of ISO...
    We all enjoyed the event (great format), & hope to see more events like this in the future...

Thank you for all of  the rewards...Great job!!! Keep up the good work ...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    WillowWatch did super poorly - at no point were we in danger of hitting full alliance progression on any of the days. . Minimal engagement up front, and by the last day I was the only one who did a full clear on it. We did manage to consolidate the 5-6 of us that started strong onto a single node by day 2, but it seems like once everybody hit personal progression on day 3 they were done. We had a total score of 279,180 as of 2hrs 42 on the clock remaining, and 63,660 of those points were mine. We had 15 people enter by the end, but only the top 5 scoring players have more than a single full day of progression, and bottom 6 players have what looks like 1-4 days worth of "just do that first node to get entered" points. the very last person has 0 points. 

We're a casual alliance, with a lot of younger rosters, so I generally don't mind people floating along for the ride. But some of those with just a few hundred points are decidedly 4* players that could have hung with us in Deadly if they were so inclined.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards

As has been the case with quite a few Alliances, we started with good intentions of spreading out to get as many prizes as we could. However, we quickly realised that this tactic was in fact a total mistake and so Day 1 was pretty much just an experiment. What really crushed our hopes was that only 2 of us (not me) had Nebula to begin with and so we couldn’t do full clears.

We organised and I’m proud to say that whilst we never got any LT’s (at least as far as I know, I hadn’t checked today before work) our members still all participated and posted scores apart from 1 and we did manage to score quite a lot of CP and organise for everyone’s best across the Alliance’s roster strength. We decided on final day that getting HP would benefit more of our lower members than CP but we may have got the Hard node CP also.

At the end, a few of us had got Nebula from personal progression by Saturday so we could at least post a few more full clears but that was somewhat a hollow victory.

Whilst I personally detested the grind of this event, I will say that having additional reachable prizes to play for after personal progression was finished is probably a good thing for the bigger Alliances and keeping them engaged.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited October 2018
    DAZ0273 said:

Whilst I personally detested the grind of this event, 

This event is pretty much identical to how I play PVE anyway, so in some ways it was a non-event. It's just that now, after 4 days of having to rely on my flaky or under-rostered alliance mates, I basically came out with a few more anniversary tokens instead of everything I'd have gotten from a solo-performance to-progression run through PVE. I guess that's okay though, since I got another Howard (saved, waiting on iso to champ) and another Devil-D i could use (waiting on one last red to be champable)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:

Whilst I personally detested the grind of this event, 

This event is pretty much identical to how I play PVE anyway, so in some ways it was a non-event. It's just that now, after 4 days of having to rely on my flaky or under-rostered alliance mates, I basically came out with a few more anniversary tokens instead of everything I'd have gotten from a solo-performance to-progression run through PVE. I guess that's okay though, since I got another Howard (saved, waiting on iso to champ) and another Devil-D i could use (waiting on one last red to be champable)
    Yeah, my co-Commander is also a PvE fiend and seems to just breeze through. I have always struggled with how tedious PvE is and so this event on Deadly level was basically my worst MPQ nightmare. Although fair play to Anniversary I have played all 3 events to max progression when I would normally not necessarily bother.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was vacilating between 5* Lord/Thano5/4ocket and Okoye (5/2/1 lvl 300)/Medusa/(Chavez|Strang3) depending on my tolerance for burning health packs, so burning through it quickly wasn't an issue. It just really stinks that no matter how well I did, there was a hard-cap on what I was going to get out the other side of it without relying on other people.
  • DAZ0273
    I was vacilating between 5* Lord/Thano5/4ocket and Okoye (5/2/1 lvl 300)/Medusa/(Chavez|Strang3) depending on my tolerance for burning health packs, so burning through it quickly wasn't an issue. It just really stinks that no matter how well I did, there was a hard-cap on what I was going to get out the other side of it without relying on other people.
    Well my Alliance usually at least gets to Round 8 of Boss Events and we complete some too but we were never in real contention for the top prizes on this one. I think it tried to be everything to everyone but in the end if it is run again we will at least know the importance of having all the characters and planning around that.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Alliance is pretty PvE focused, and also pretty good about pitching in on these. We have some players with less developed rosters, but we were still able to completely do one Deadly and one Hard sub each day. Or at least close to it.We might have fallen just short on one of the hard ones. I know we got all four Deadlies.
    Personally, I liked the play experience. I primarily play PvE, so for me, this was 2 or 4 clears each day instead of 5 or 7, but with no Easy nodes. There was a good Boost List, tho, so it worked out just fine. Even on Deadly, I had at least half a dozen characters to choose from who were higher level than anyone I faced.
    It definitely highlighted how awful the in-game chat is, tho. If they're going to keep running events like this (which I hope they do), they need to upgrade that big time. And the interface with the event as well, so at least Commanders can see full leaderboards and everything for all subs, so they have the information to make good decisions.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Our alliance is casual-ish (only requirements are 300+ a person on Versus and put in effort on Alliance events). After Day 1, our plan was assign 4 people to each of the Deadly nodes to hit the two 10 CP rewards, and everyone else go in a single Hard node to shoot for full progression. Even that was tough, with 1 person joining the easiest set anyway and 1-2 extras joining Deadly nodes.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Finishing 546th out of almost 17000 alliances was quite impressive considering that most of my alliance are not PVE players, as my co-commander mentioned earlier this event was a bit of a grind 

fortunately i do mostly night shift work so it’s easier for me to do these grind fests plus I’m on day 1200 so my roster is going quite well 

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I was surprised to find that our alliance finished 47th. We have some 3* rosters in the alliance, so there was no way to get the 2 LT's per day. Our goal was 10 and 4 on the Deadly Nodes and 6 on a Hard node. And just because of coordination glitches we didn't even nail that until the last day. That means there weren't all that many alliances who got 8 LT's. 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Lock and Load was one of the five alliances to finish with full optimal points at #3.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fluffers got 7/8 LTs. 
    We could have gotten 8 but we took the devs suggestion of figuring the points out ourselves. Getting 8 LTs because we knew what to expect would have been more fun. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Roaches were #1224, and got no LT.

All of 5 of us passed max personal progression, but for coordination it was like herding small cats.  Tinykitties, in fact.

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Our alliance finished 31st snagging all 8 LT’s along the way.
  • Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    My alliance did well enough to make me look for a new alliance. I was one of only three players that picked a node each day and cleared it. :neutral:
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    With the confusion on the first day we missed one of the LTs, but everyone did what was asked of them for the rest of the event and we finished with 7. But I found the whole thing pretty damn tedious as well. What we really need is a proper boss/alliance event with the rewards updated to be similar to what was offered in this one. It really shouldn't take too much time or effort to produce that.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    We hit #438.  Some of our players didn't have Nebula rostered, so there was no way we were going to hit all the points.  We did get a few LTs, though.  One of the folks in our alliance got their first three 5-stars our of the event, so they're quite happy.  A Yellow Strange, a Green Loki, and a Black Wasp...so two out of three ain't bad. :)
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    Dragons Two Ranked  # 44 , got 7 LTs.. if some of my alliance mates weren’t so anxious we would have gotten all 8.